Contests / NEDC 2015 Announcement

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Attached File  NEDC3.png (70.21KB)
    downloads: 422
    (logo by verti and RRP and inthemanual)

Background
    with my recent promotion to admin, we thought it would be a good opening rite to have me take the lead on a contest for our community. We discussed many contests, including H2H7, PT5, Road Rally, and a possible timeline contest format, but eventually I decided on NEDC3 for something that was more familiar to me.

Objective[/n]
    Your task is to develop a pre-built layout. What you are being tested on are not your layout making skills, but your ability to set one in scene. This may be done by going all out and producing a fully blown theme in realistic or fantasy style, or perhaps giving the coaster its natural environment and surroundings it would have in a park that does not invest in state of the art theming. How you decide to develop the layout is up to you.

The layout that you're working with is an RCT Classic, [u]'Dynamite Blaster':

Attached File  DynamiteBlaster.jpg (14.04KB)
    downloads: 113

attachment=16823:DynamiteBlaster2.jpg.jpg]

Sign-Ups, Workbench and Submission Deadline
    You have one week to sign up for this contest by replying below. After sign-ups, each player who signed up will be sent a notification PM linking to the respective post. You then have 58 weeks to complete and submit your entry as guided below. Entries are then due on April 1st, 2016.

Please submit your entry as a competitive design submission. Please add [NEDC3] at the begin of your submission's name so that we can differentiate from normal submissions.

The timestamp of your sub mission will be reported by the database which will tell us whether you have met the deadline or not. Please be aware that there will be absolutely no exce
    ptions given, even if you are only a second late. It is your responsibility to submit on time and to allow for potential throwbacks that may delay your submission.

Winner Selection and Release
    Each submission will be voted on by myself, gdb, and a third vote to be cast as the highest choice in a public poll. When done, the highest scoring entry will be chosen as the winner, and given a Legendary Parkmaker spot.

No Adding of objects
    Whilst we understand that some of you may miss a favorite object you like to use, not changing the given bench is intended to improve fairness, as every player has the same means. The intelligent and craetive usage of these objects is the challenge of this contest. You must therefore use the given bench or else your entry will be disqualified. We will be ensuring that no object have been removed or added with ParkDat and we will disqualify if necessary.

In the hope that this contest turns out to be successful and consequently see future rounds, you are welcome to help improve the bench by sending it to us with your suggested object changes or additions. In the end this might also help us to have a regularly updated bench for people to use.

This is the bench: Attached File  NEDC 2015 Bench.txt (550bytes)
    downloads: 103

Screenshots
    You are free to post as many screenshots of your entry as you like. However, be aware that not showing any screens would, in theory, make a bigger impression on the panelists and efectively produce more wow-factor.

That's all from our side. We hope you will sign up in plenty!

-----------------

[b]Participants[b]
    - Liampie
    - Louis!
    - gdb
    - inthemanual
    - gdb
    - Midnight_Aurora

- tracidEdge
    - gdb
    - Marshy
    - RMM
    - ...you?
    [/i]

• nin%s's Photo

sign me up plz.

• MCI%s's Photo

blablabla

• Faas%s's Photo

Yes please.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Yup.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    playing captain
  • robbie92%s's Photo

Best layout ever

• Lotte%s's Photo

yes! i'm selected. time to wreck some shit

• Louis!%s's Photo

It was great to get Chris Sawyer in on this contest. He's amazing at layouts.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

I want to do stuff!

• ida%s's Photo
    SIGN ME THE FUCK UP
  • PizzaWurscht%s's Photo

yes sir :D

• Lotte%s's Photo

It was great to get Chris Sawyer in on this contest. He's amazing at layouts.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    I think i may focus on disneyearth before h2h, but it does sound enticing. Can we parkdat in cs or what? Note i havent yet dowdownloaded the bench
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Downloading the bench is a must. It gives you the basis to cook up a right treat!

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Louis im still waiting for that disney park from last april
  • MCI%s's Photo

Downloading the bench is a must. It gives you the basis to cook up a right treat!

Will try that tomorrow...

• Fizzix%s's Photo

I'll give it a go I suppose.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo
    Just a friendly reminder not to forget to add the deadline before publishing this. Write it in red or something if that helps you remember.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Shit, I'll edit that in.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading