News / The New Accolade Panel

• Liampie%s's Photo
    As you all probably read here, we decided to restart the accolade panel with a clean sheet. We considered the applications, and decided on fifteen names. Most people were panelists before, but there's some new panelists too! We think it's a very balanced panel with enough interest in both games. The selected panelist will get their panelist permissions later today or tomorrow.

The new panel consists of the following members:

- Posix (admin)
    - Geewhzz (admin)
    - Louis! (admin)
    - Liampie (admin)
    - inthemanual (admin)
    - Stoksy
    - Austin55
    - Cocoa
    - alex
    - csw
    - Poke
    - Kumba
    - chorkiel
    - disneylandian192
    - nin
    - ][ntamin22
    - Jonny93
    - pierrot
    - Chocotopian
    - Sulakke

We're genuinly sorry to disappoint the other applicants. It wasn't a matter of quality, it was a matter of quantity. However, there is still hope for you! We plan on monitoring panelist activity (account activity, not voting activity) more closely now. If someone drops out, we will know where to find you. ;)

Note to panelists: if you're unavailable for a couple of weeks or months (traveling, broken computer, whatever), let us know so we can temporarily replace you.

Note to non-panelists: if you're an established member and planning on going on an old park voting spree, Liampie is willing to grant you a temporary panelist status. Gotta score those old parks!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

no rmm no vote

• Liampie%s's Photo
    By the way, shoutout to 5Dave for having been our most prominent and loyal panelist during the past seven years. Nothing lasts forever. Thank you for all your efforts, 5Dave!
  • nin%s's Photo

I'm surprised by some of these choices but I do like that change has finally occurred. Also glad to be a part of the panel again, I'll do my best to keep up. 

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I'm surprised by some of these choices but I do like that change has finally occurred

Based on some of the players that applied, why would you choose players who have barely released anything compared to players that have been busy on the site, built "design" and "gold" accolade parks? I'm not complaining so much as just perplexed, but whatever dudes. I didn't have my heart set on being a panelist, so my feelings aren't hurt. Hopefully we'll see some good results from this change. I like knowing the admins will keep their eye on the panelists and make changes as needed.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

noooooooooo booooooo

5Dave has always been my go-to for the reliable median vote.  He has done a great job of tracking the community pulse over the past several (more than several!) years and it has been really useful to know that if 5Dave has positive/negative feedback for something it is a good indicator of how the rest of the votes will fall.  

It has never stopped me from voting as I saw fit, but having someone to peg as the almost-always baseline average vote helps keep your high/low votes in perspective once the scores come out.  Oh, 5Dave was 15% above me; maybe I should take a second look.  Oh, 5Dave was 10% below me - must be my LL bias.  

Thanks for all the votes, Team Austria.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Did 5dave want off the panel, or did he not visit the site in the last few days, or simply miss the announcement?

• G Force%s's Photo

Did 5dave want off the panel, or did he not visit the site in the last few days, or simply miss the announcement?

I've heard through the grape-vine he asked not to be on it anymore.

As far as this new AP goes, I'm glad a change was made, and that's all I'm going to say. 

• Kumba%s's Photo

Thanks for having me back. I intend to be more active again soon and will do my best to vote often.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    5dave did indeed not want to be on the panel, he has less time for the site now unfortunately.

We looked into many reasons for choosing these people, having all expansions and LLwas a major factor, but also maturity, we wanted a nice balance of people both new and old, and site activity also.

If you have not been picked, it's not a major deal as you most likely will make the panel in a very soon, as this time we wish to continually change the panel based on site activity.

Welcome aboard to all those who are part of the new look panel.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm maked

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

Do we get special T Shirts?

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

Thanks so much for this opportunity, guys. It'll be great to finally give something back to this faithful site.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Let me introduce myself;

I'm the 10th LL vote.

Thanks for still having me.

• FredD%s's Photo

Good luck to the new panelists. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I count at least 13 with LL? So nobody do any group parks with more than 3 people or they'll never be voted on :p

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Congrats to the new panelists!

• pierrot%s's Photo

Do we get special T Shirts?

• Liampie%s's Photo
    dae9ab8ee50ad11977da0ee9569420e1.jpg
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

Has anybody ever made nedesigns swag before?

I imagine I'd be very excited if I saw someone in real life wearing ne clothes, given there's like 15 of us

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading