Theme Park Discussion / Top Thrill Dragster

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

Anybody have the opportunity to ride in the front car of Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar recently or in years past?  WHAT A THRILL!  I have ridden it a few times since my first time in 2010 (I go once a year). But this past weekend, when I was there at the park, I was getting into the front seat of the second car when the ride attendant asked me if I would like to ride up front since there was only one rider there. I figured what the hey....well, nothing like having that red and white track go flashing by at 110+ mph and going straight uphill and then straight down. I can't wait til I ride up front again...Just wanted to share that bit with you all.

• Mattk48%s's Photo

Always good fun. Ive done it a handful of times. One time we walk straight to right where the park opened so we didnt have to wait as long, but it ruins the other coasters for the rest of the day when you do that. Wicked twisters and mavericks launches feel really tame after Dragster lol  

• G Force%s's Photo

Yea, after TTD, any launch just feels small in scale.  Probably the best launch in the world, as most people would put it over Kingda Ka. 

• FredD%s's Photo

Rode it in 2013. Pure awesomeness. This fall I'll ride Formula Rossa so I'm curious how that one will be.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

Mattk48-Good point you make. I was there with a longtime friend of mine and his 6-year old son (it was his first time). We started with Iron Dragon Inverted coaster as a warmup and then the corkscrew one (that was the son's first time going upside down). He was one inch too short for Dragster (52" minimum), so he'll have to wait one more year. They hit corkscrew again while I did TTD. After that it was Millennium Force (the son did that one TWICE-Favorite ride for him).  I was hoping to get on Maverick. I hit it up my first year there ('09). Haven't been on since bc the wait was over 2.5 hrs. I finished the day with Wicked Twister (also in front car). That ride is always great even though it doesn't last long.

GForce-I have yet to hit KingdaKa. As a kid, I went to Great Adventure once a summer in mid-late 80's when my family had our summer house in Brick Township, NJ. Back then, Rolling Thunder and Ultra Twister were the big name rides. UT was either closed for mechanical issues or had a 3 hour wait.  I think TTD should have done an airtime hill at the end like KDK. But hey, still a great ride, nonetheless. Lets keep this convo going!

• G Force%s's Photo

If they had an airtime hill, they would probably need OTSR's.  Which would take away from the ride a lot.  Not sure if Kingda Ka has the new soft restraints but I remember a lot of people complaining about the hard one and that they took a lot away from the ride.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I spent 2 and a half days at cedar point and I never rode it :p

it went down a lot at all the times I was in that area of the park so I just never got around to it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading