Theme Park Discussion / Worlds of Fun or Six Flags America?

• FredD%s's Photo

Well, me and my friends are planning a trip to the States in 2018. We've got the trip as good as planned but are still in doubt. We really want to add Silver Dollar City to the trip, which is possible and I want to do Worlds of Fun as well since it's not that far away.

But for in order to do Worlds of Fun, we have to delete Six Flags America from the schedule to gain an extra day. What do you guys suggest?! Which park would you chose?

• Austin55%s's Photo

Man that is a weird decision. They both kinda suck. I guess it depends on how many of the clones from SFA you've been on. RoS is probably pretty great, Joker's Jinx and Batwing are likely solid, and I've heard Wild One is a damn good ride for its size and age. But, you can pretty much do all of this elsewhere. I'm not sure how well Apocolypse and Roar have held up, wouldn't surprise me if they are a bit shit. And thats just looking at coasters, the park itself is excedingly dull in terms of themes and I doubt the ops are very good. 

WoF isn't all that fantastic either, but does have some more unique rides. Prowler is probably the one I'd get most excited for, but I'm sure Patriot and Mamba are solid as well. Timberwolf is probably shit, and the spinner is fun but a clone as well and nothing amazing. And a boomerang. Overall though the park seems much better in terms of everything else. 

I'd do Prowler, Patriot and Mamba over RoS, Batwing, Jokers Jinx and Wild one. 

• G Force%s's Photo
    WoF is probably the better park. But it comes down to which coasters you'd rather ride I think. SFA has Superman while WoF has Patriot and Prowler.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Worllllds of fuuuun

Isnt sfa the worst six flags park? Ive never been there but its never interested me in the slightest. I assume youll be hitting up other parks in the northeast while there?
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    I've been to Six Flags America. It's a pretty weak Six Flags park. Austin pretty much nailed it describing it. Nothing really special! I would never want to go there again, personally. They would have to add something pretty spectacular to put themselves on the map.

Worlds of Fun I don't know much about. Patriot looks fun.

If you were going to hit up one of the Herschend parks, I would go to Dollywood instead (one of the best Arrows, incredibly themed Eurofighter, an amazing GCI, B&M Wing Coaster, RMC, etc), then drive to Charlotte and visit Carowinds, or Six Flags Over Georgia.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

nah fuck carowinds, silver dollar city is fantastic. maybe my favorite theme park :p

• Austin55%s's Photo

#deepmidsouthwesttour2k16

• FredD%s's Photo

Problem solved. My choice was Worlds of Fun, been there in 2013 and I loved it. My other friend thought it looked like a stupid park (whut) and didn't want to drop SF America for it. In the end, we compromised: we dropped Worlds of Fun and SF America, and decided to visit SF New England :p

This is the lists of parks we have scheduled:

- Six Flags New England

- Six Flags Great Adventure

- Busch Gardens Williamsburg

- Kings Dominion

- Carowinds

- Dollywood

- Kentucky Kingdom

- Silver Dollar City

- Holiday World

- Kings Island

- Cedar Point

- Kennywood

- Hersheypark

- Knoebels

It's just for 2018, when it comes closer I'll post the dates so maybe we can meet up?!

• Version1%s's Photo

You certainly have too much money on your hands, lel

• FredD%s's Photo

You certainly have to much money on your hands, lel

Joke of the day

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Yeah thats a good compromise :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading