Music Forum / New Metallica

• Blitz%s's Photo
    Dave Matthews band has a few noteworthy musicians in it...
    I looked up morbid whatchamacallit
    they sucked, good for death metal probably, but sucks to me.
    Oh, and the solos? Nowhere near Petrucci.
    You people are just a bunch of non-musician types spoutin off fanboy crap.

Oh, and thanks sinister, for having a fucking clue.
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Aren't we forgetting about the six string weilding beast that is John Myung?

*Stargazer*
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Eddie Van Halen fucking rules.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

What do you think about drummers like Danny Carey (Tool) and Neil Peart (Rush)?

Daney Carey has some good chops and is pretty good at double bass drumming; I haven't heard much of his stuff (haven't got around to d/l-ing it), but what I've heard is pretty damn good.

Neil Peart, I have only d/l-ed one of his solos, (I know I need to get around to listening to Rush, too) but it was freaking awsome... He was keeping a 3 8th note thing going on the ride bell while going nuts on the rest of the drums, I can't even think how to do that on my set (though an extra pedal might have something to do with it).

Aren't we forgetting about the six string weilding beast that is John Myung?

If he'd turn up the volume on his bass I might like him as much as Claypool. On a live video of Voices I d/l-ed, his fingers were going nuts, though.

Oh, and the solos? Nowhere near Petrucci.
    You people are just a bunch of non-musician types spoutin off fanboy crap.

Oh, and thanks sinister, for having a fucking clue.

Yeah, for solos, Petrucci is just mindboggling... I d/l-ed a solo just by him, Geez! He was playing Flight of the Bumble Bee at I dunno, maybe twice the speed it's supposed to be played at.

I just think they are lost musically, or don't apreciate real talent.

Thank you, but it all pays off from my good (but freaking annoying) first percussion teacher. I went to a Styx concert in town, saw 2 bass drums and asked him about it. He said you didn't need 2 bass drums. So now I can play 16th note triplets with my single pedal...
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    what about another day, or metropolis II?
    the chorus for another day is ethereal.
    16th triplets on a single pedal? Damn.
  • Twisted%s's Photo
    I love Dream Theater, their awesome!

Don't have a clue what all the technical beebe jeeby ur all talkin about but John Petrucci is an awesome guitarist!

Yeh!
    :w00t:
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    None of you know absolutely anything about Metallica.
    Reguardless of what you say(shit).
    Seriously.
    If you download a midi pack, that some guy makes, you would see that they are better than what you hear on the radio, or on a cd.
    YOU DONTT KNOW WHAT I M TALKING ABOUT .

my mind is corrupt
  • Blitz%s's Photo

None of you know absolutely anything about Metallica.
    Reguardless of what you say(shit).
    Seriously.
    If you download a midi pack, that some guy makes, you would see that they are better than what you hear on the radio, or on a cd.
    YOU DONTT KNOW WHAT I M TALKING ABOUT .

my mind is corrupt

less corrupt, more defiled.
  • bokti%s's Photo
    Less defiled, more stupided.
    I know what flam taps are Oz, but I forget the paradiddle rhythm...

WAIT! Isn't paradiddle LLRL RLRR or something like that?
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    RLRR & LRLL

Now, how about the difference between a buzz roll, a 5 stroke roll, and a 7 stroke roll?

(and I laugh at you people who listen to drummers that don't use different rolls in fills, it so cracks me up)
    Sorry, don't know that much...

I was only in a classroom with drums for like 1 year, and they never did rolls. It was 6th grade.
  • zach%s's Photo
    I agree.
    Metallica is ruined.

I didnt even know this song [St. Anger] was from metallica until i actually heard the DJ into it.
    Before that, i just thought it was some new crappy no talent local band.

Wow...that is just a horrible song.
  • Alec%s's Photo
    it sucks. master of puppets is the best. metallica is to old.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

Less defiled, more stupided.

Less stupided, more enlightened.
    Yes.
    Right. You are so clever.
    Sucks.

The guys voice sounds like he's constipated. The guitar is horrible. There's synthesizer. In metal. Pathetic.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    heard st. anger on the radio...
    metallica has become bubble-gum music.
  • cg?%s's Photo

The guys voice sounds like he's constipated. The guitar is horrible. There's synthesizer. In metal. Pathetic.

Synths are pretty... so pretty... unless it's a digital synth... then Metallica should be shot... then again... they should be shot for making that crappy St. Anger... man... man... man that song sucks.
    It's about 3 steps bellow bubble gum music.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading