Ask the Experts / Resizing Objects

• nicman%s's Photo

I have a full tile roof here I want to resize to 1/4: http://www.nedesigns...10556/cjk-rs2a/

This is the size I want to resize it to: http://www.nedesigns...12035/lvqrth02/

In RCT2ObjectEditor I clicked 1/4 but it does not actually resize the object. I know I could probably use the eraser to make it one quarter, but I want it to be accurate. Is there any easy way to do this.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Can't you just resize it in an image editor?

• nicman%s's Photo

I tried taking a screen of the picture then crop it and resize it in photoshop, but it turned out weird. I also want the same properties it had before such as it is able to be colored.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

If you want the tiles to remain the same size but cut the image into quarters, I'm pretty sure you will have to cut it down manually - I doubt the object editor is cabable of that as it's a fairly low level tool (but I've never used it so I could be wrong). Zoom right in until you can see the pixels to get it accurate. You'll need to adjust x/y offsets as well, and you'll probably find that the required adjustment is a multiple of 8.

If you are finding that the object isn't remappable it's because you took a screenshot. The primary remap colors are never shown in the game (they are always remapped to another color), so if you want to keep the object remappable you need to get the image from the object file itself.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Just use paint to resize it. Save it as a .PNG first, then as a . BMP. That way it shouldn't effect the quality.
  • nicman%s's Photo

you need to get the image from the object file itself.

how do I do that?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Have the object editor open twice, in two windows. Open this roof in one, and in the other you open a different roof of the size you want. There are plenty of perfectly aligned quarter tile roofs available for that. Zoom in all the way on both. Cut away the pixels on the big roof, to get the exact same shape as the example quarter tile roof. Then make sure the alignment matches.

• nicman%s's Photo

Thanks for the help, I finally managed to create the object in an hour of work using Liams tips. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading