Custom Scenery Exchange / Are there roofs with patterns from the ja227 Spires?

• nicman%s's Photo

I have been looking for a roof object with the same pattern as the ja227 spires preferably of 1/4 roof size such as pic 2.

Attached File  10519.png (1.32KB)
    downloads: 3

Attached File  10065.png (1.11KB)
    downloads: 3

If it does not exist, I will probably attempt in making the object myself.

• G Force%s's Photo

IIRC, the only roof with that texture is the steep versions in the first pic.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Why don't you just use the roofs with this texture?

2598.png

Almost the same. Will blend almost seemlessly. Rather than going through the trouble of creating an object that no one will use.

• nicman%s's Photo

Why don't you just use the roofs with this texture?

2598.png

Almost the same. Will blend almost seemlessly. Rather than going through the trouble of creating an object that no one will use.

I would use it :p

I already thought about using that texture but it doesn't really look good:

Attached File  Untitled.png (5.34KB)
    downloads: 6

• Liampie%s's Photo
    It looks absolutely fine to me. The texture is slightly different, but the colour and lighting matches perfectly. Looks like one roof no doubt.

But if you insist, I can imagine shrinking the full tile roof I posted above to a quarter tile, like actually shrinking the image, not cropping it, would give you the tecxure you want.
  • nicman%s's Photo

Nevermind, I don't really need the object that much, resizing it does not give a good pattern:

Attached File  2a598.png (4.68KB)
    downloads: 7

• nicman%s's Photo

Actually, I have an idea, if I take this object:

Attached File  10618.png (1.1KB)
    downloads: 7

Then rotate it, so its on the ground then just resize it, I should end up with a quarter tile roof.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Lighting and perspective will be wrong. Good luck

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    Not just that - it doesn't look the right angle to tile properly in game, unless scaled anisotropically, which could cause artifacts. It'd probably be better to draw a new sprite using the existing texture as a reference.
  • nicman%s's Photo
    yeah, I thought about that but I am not good enough to draw my own. I think I'll pass on this one. As I said it's not a critical object like the other one I made.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading