General Chat / Dutch national elections 2017

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Maybe, but our wackos dominate the news cycle for over a year, go on to win the election in resounding fashion and then their counselors go on to accuse the previous administration of spying on them with a microwave. Beat that. lol

• G Force%s's Photo

Your political parties have much cooler logos, that's for sure.

• FredD%s's Photo

The Dutch had a pedophile party a few years ago. Not kidding. Just to prove Faas' point.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

While we don't have an official party for that, we have the next best thing

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2998873

(That broke like 3 hours ago)

Anyway though, sorry. I feel like my venting about our president (sorry, it's still weird to actually say that) is taking over the thread which I don't want... but it's just such a shit show. lol

• RWE%s's Photo
    Good to see D66 and especially GroenLinks that good! Good job, dutch friends!

Shouldn't we make this a european elections 2017 thread btw, sice france and germany are incoming and both international important?
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Our media started giving the main wacko less attention and it seemed to have paid off. + the main wacko didn't participate in most of the debates. We do have plenty of small party wackos as well.

Also, go D66! Kind of hoping that since we'll need at least 4 parties for a coalition, that they'll try to outrule the VVD - most likely by gathering 5 parties.

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

Why is Geert Wilders face too small for his head

• FredD%s's Photo
    Why did Wilders didn-t do most of the debates? Is there any reason for it? I also heard his program was just 1 page long...
  • SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

Wim Kok seems like a nice guy

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Why did Wilders didn-t do most of the debates? Is there any reason for it? I also heard his program was just 1 page long...
    Various specific reasons. Generally, he thinks that the media already has an opinion on him prior to shooting, so he'd rather not associate with them. The (mostly left-ist) media doesn't like him anyway, so he thinks they'll always portray him poorly.

His program was indeed only 1 page long, with no additional sources, plans or ideas to be found somewhere else.

• Lotte%s's Photo

Be honest, its only the NPO that is left leaning (except for the atrocity that is called WNL), everything owned by John de Mol (which is like most of commercial television at this point) is on the political right.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

NPO is one of the better viewed channels though and they're also the main supplier of political content.

• Faas%s's Photo

A lot of people start zapping at RTL4 and skip the NPO channels all along, don't underestimate that. 

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Not saying they don't reach a lot of viewers. NPO still has the bigger market share. Even in primetime. Next to that, the shows that are political in nature (outside of debates) aren't what's being watched much on the commercial channels. With the only exception being their late night show, but even that show isn't getting viewers like it used to.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading