Ask the Experts / Pretzel Loops

• heartlinecoaster%s's Photo

Hi All,

Quick questoin regarding hacking of flyers.

Have the large half loop pieces ever been used in a pretzel loop?

I have managed to bodge together a layout using someone's existing large vertical loop on a flyer and these pieces, but never seen it with entry from the top of the piece.

Don't quite understand the limitations of the hack just yet, only examples i see use quarter loop then have to s-bend at the bottom, which I don't like the look of at all.

Thanks in advance.

• G Force%s's Photo

IIRC, large half loops can't be used because there is now way to merge them into the upsidown flyer track.  The only standard track option for use after the large half loop is an element which returns the track to its normal right-side up state.

Perhaps you could use the method with quarter loops, then make those invisible and replace them with the half loops, but this would obviously lead to the trains not following the path of the track and simply be for aesthetics.

Perhaps with OpenRCT they will "unlock" these upsidown track elements for normal B&M coasters which would allow you to merge them into the flyer track.  But for now that is not possible.

Hopefully that makes sense.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo
    I discovered how to put half loops on flying coaster through the use of a complicated arbitrary ride type change method. Unfortunatly it is quite glitchy as the sprite positioning is fucked up. For now I think you'll have to use the method G-Force suggested.
  • imlegos%s's Photo

I guess this is another thing to add to the list of NFT hopes

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I am 95% sure this does not require a new file format. In fact, I think it's actually a lot simpler than I was assuming previously so I might have a go at making it work.

If you try to put a large half loop on a flying coaster using arbitrary ride types, you'll find that it actually works just fine - it can connect with inverted track, but there's a jump between the top of the loop and the next track segment. It seems to me that there's an offset somewhere that needs adjusting, and that's all it would take. I can't be 100% sure until I've actually tried it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading