Ask the Experts / RCT2 Keeps Crashing

• RCThibo%s's Photo

I use OpenRCT2, and whenever I try to remove a scenery category using the object selection cheat, or when I accidentally press the delete button on my keyboard, then my game crashes. Does anyone know how to fix it?

• nicman%s's Photo

It was a well-know annoying bug that I experienced a few months ago. Here is the exact reason why it crashes and how to avoid it: https://github.com/O...CT2/issues/5006

• RCThibo%s's Photo

No that's not the issue I'm having. The issue is that if I want to remove a scenery category it crashes the next time I open up the scenery tab. Also, if I press DEL (deltete) on my keyboard, it also crashes.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Try assigning different functions to those keys in the hotkey settings. I don't have a pause button on my laptop's keyboard, so I set my DEL button to pause the game.

• RCThibo%s's Photo

Try assigning different functions to those keys in the hotkey settings. I don't have a pause button on my laptop's keyboard, so I set my DEL button to pause the game.

That takes care of the DEL issue, but the game still crashes when I try to remove scenery categories, this is annoying for when I wanna play a scenario with CSO but there's too much NCSO objects already, or when I accidentally select the wrong scenery category. 

• nicman%s's Photo

Use parkdat.

• RCThibo%s's Photo

What's that?

EDIT: Nvm, I found it. Thanks for the help :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading