Custom Scenery Exchange / Chairlift Ride

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

Its too bad the the designers of the game didn't include a way to put in level support poles. So if you have a long skyride from one end/side of a park to the other, it looks weird to have a huge straightaway of cable with no poles (unless you want to have the ride incline/decline in height or make a 90 degree turn).  Unless there is some kind of cheat to add support poles.....It would just seem a bit more realistic is all...

• G Force%s's Photo

You can make level support pieces buy copy/pasting, with tile inspector, the support towers onto flat track.  Like this:

Attached File  adventureland5.PNG (162.28KB)
    downloads: 44

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

i am unfamiliar with tile inspector

• G Force%s's Photo

Are you using OpenRCT?

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

No I am not, honestly

• G Force%s's Photo

You can still do this with zero clearance by using 8cars.  Just is a little tougher because the the two support tower pieces cannot go in the same direction as the main flat track.

However, I would suggest using Openrct2, specifically the launcher:  https://openrct2.org/downloads

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Do it, you'll never go back! :)

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

Join us.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

is there a youtube tutorial for openrct2 so i can see how it works before I try anything?

• spacek531%s's Photo

OpenRCT2 is exactly like RCT2, except you have 8 cars built into the game. Everything functions the same, everything looks the same.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

post-46480-0-41793700-1503531256_thumb.pNotice how the support pole has level/flat pulleys merged with incline and decline pulleys? Is there a way to avoid that?

• G Force%s's Photo

Unfortunately not, the only way to make it work is to have have incline/decline pulleys.  It looks close enough in most peoples eyes to just accept it.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

Call me picky, but it looks odd....oh well....

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

I downloaded 8cars to see what thats like. I extracted the files. Now, which folder does it go in in RCT2? Not ObjData.....right?

• G Force%s's Photo

8cars is an .exe, you can just place the folder anywhere on your PC really.  Then run it in compatibility mode, Windows XP service pack 2, reduced color mode.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

I was pretty proud of what I came up with in Mineral Springs to be honest. The 4d coaster track goes right along the top if it really well. Then you just have to build a tower out of scenery objects or an observation tower.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading