RCT Discussion / Should log flumes have layered track?

Should Log Flumes have layered track?

What track layers best beneath a log flume?

• inthemanual%s's Photo

If so, what's your preferred technique? I've seen bobsled and woody track both used frequently, are there others?

• Xeccah%s's Photo

I am ambivalent. I use bobsled though. I think people take it overboard with the banking and the more than 2 layers though.

• pierrot%s's Photo
    I think geewhzz did the best with side friction.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Obviously.

Bobsled track seems to work the best, with a mix of wooden coaster or side friction for the lifts and dingy for the drops.  At this point its gotten pretty standard but I think that's partially because its just the best way to mimic real flumes, which honestly are almost all the same in terms of construction and such.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Im still so confused why people do this.., RCT's log flume track already looks like real log flume track.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Im still so confused why people do this.., RCT's log flume track already looks like real log flume track.

Because its fun and looks nice.

Its like asking why people use CS trees when the NCS ones already look like real trees.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Woody in sections can be nice to represent catwalks, and there may be some attempts to emulate the wider track at splashdowns. I'm not sure if there's a purpose to layering bobsled or not. I do think the in-game flume lifts look wrong though, since they're typically on a belt, not rollers or whatever the in-game lifts are supposed to represent.

• Faas%s's Photo
    No.
  • ida%s's Photo
    I still love how geewhzz layered side-friction track (with a shitton of other track ofcourse) here.
  • Coasterbill%s's Photo

Oh god not this again. lol

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    It looks good but I'm lazy
  • posix%s's Photo

I am irritated by the desire to establish a de facto standard of how something should be designed. As a designer, you should have a clear perception of what look you feel is right for your style of parkmaking.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading