RCT Discussion / RCThanksgiving

• Liampie%s's Photo

Happy RCThanksgiving! What RCT thing are you grateful for?

1. Iris and the others, as well as Posix and Gee, for founding, developing and maintaining NE

2. Chris Sawyer/Roomie

3. OpenRCT2 developers for their amazing work

Now that we got the low hanging fruit out of the way (I do mean all of what I said above), let's get to actual RCT stuff.

I'm grateful for the full scale park revival of the last two years. Really awesome.

• saxman1089%s's Photo
    I'm grateful for the current admins and panelists, who do their very best to keep this community alive and active. Also grateful for this entire community for providing comments, feedback, and just general good times.

Happy RCThanksgiving all!
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Happy for the resurgence of RCT because of openrct. Also for h2h right around the corner.
  • Jappy%s's Photo
    I wanna thank all of NE for being awesome people, the devs from Open for offering us new creative opportunities, and for all the object creators for giving us all these beautiful building tools.

Also looking forward to H2H.
    Stay awesome NE!
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo
    OpenRCT2, H2H, and a wonderful community.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    I'm grateful for the current panelists, who do their very best to keep this community alive and active.

Finally someone who thanks me for being a panelist for 3-4 days now!

OpenRCT2 is the best thing that could've happened to the community. The admins are doing a great job of keeping people motivated and keeping the content fresh, and I'm glad the front page and the discord are so active. It's a great time within the community atm.

• Louis!%s's Photo

No one is thankful for me, so I am thankful for nothing.

• saxman1089%s's Photo
    Were all thankful for you Louis! ❤️
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I am thankful for Pacificoaster. I used to hate him when I was 15. Used to think he was pretentious and was a real dick. He not only helped me get really good at this game (along with Liam) but also he kept my teenage retarded attitude in check in my early NE days.

I'm thankful for Kumba for believing in me when I thought no one else would. I swore that I was going to be picked waaaay later in the draft than that (and probably should have!) but he considered me good enough and gave me the opportunity to build with Six Frags, Xcoaster, Pac, and himself. H2H gave the the confidence that I perhaps may be alright in RCT and the ambition to finish my full-scale solo projects.

I thank Louis! for a lot, much less RCT than the other two but for more personal reasons. He helped me when my morale was low, when i wanted to give up on much more than just RCT.

• Louis!%s's Photo

I guess I'm thankful for 3/4 people if we are talking people.

1) I'm thankful for Magnus for picking me in H2H5 (and picking me ahead of Liam ;) ), H2H5 was a huge learning curve for me and whilst it wasn't perfect, it was my first experience at trying to actually be the very best and working like crazy to get things done. Plus I think it was my first proper interaction with Liam, and oh how we clashed, I disliked him a great deal back then.

2) I'm thankful for Posix & Gee for making me an admin of the site I had always admired from afar and then loved and adored up close. Whilst I find myself in a 'lesser' admin role at the moment, those first few years were full of crazy hardwork, hard times, friendship and productivity. I will always admire Gee for the work he has done for the site and for taking me under his wing quite a lot, I will always love Posix for being Posix and for building a friendship with me that I hope will last a long time. They both are amazing people.

3) I'm thankful for Liam. I went from disliking Liam a lot, never wanting to speak to him, to adoring him and talking to him on a daily basis. The work he does for the site is incredible, both as an admin, and as a community member. Without him, I don't think NE would be as active as it is today. He never fails to make me laugh, never fails to make me feel bad for never doing a fair amount of work, and never fails to inspire me. He's my forever friend lol

Soppy post over.

Edit: Zach, we had our differences recently, but I'm glad we put them aside, I'm touched by what you wrote, I was just being a friend to you in a time of need <3

• G Force%s's Photo
    I'm thankful for mowed grass textures and light castle path blocks.
  • Julow%s's Photo
    Special mention for nicman and spacek for creating amazing umbrellas objects and coaster trains.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Hey I made those umbrella objects.
  • YoloSweggLord%s's Photo
    Grateful for everyone here for accepting me even when I was a shitty novice builder. Also thankful for X7123M3-256 and SpaceK for their amazing work in custom rides.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

this community is ridiculous. I'm thankful for all the new members who keep coming to refresh us. where the hell are they coming from? why don't they just play planet coaster? IDK but its freaking cool

and of course everyone who runs this site on a daily basis, or pays the ridiculous fees to keep it running! what a dedicated and exciting group of people. maybe one day i'll meet some of you in real life...

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

I wish to thank all the staff and members of this site for being great people. I am also grateful for all the great parks this year that keep me inspired to make better parks.

• Lilith%s's Photo
    Im thankful that this community is so welcoming while also maintaining the atmosphere of a community of expert RCT players and encouraging less skilled players to improve. Im back to working on some of my projects from the last year or two and Im so excited to show off what Ive learned.

Im also thankful for the amazing LL players who have inspired me, and eapecially Liampie for convincing me to try playing LL in the first place.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo

Thankful for Shotguns for making me a better player with our friendly, competitive, NCSO back-and-forths. 

Also thankful for The Hurricanes and Kumba from H2H

• MK98%s's Photo
    Im five days too late but whatever.

First of all thanks to some people from Tycoon Paradise: Julow, Ziscor, !mpulse, Supra and BEHD for all the fun we have and anything we did on Discord and in-game.

Second of all, thanks to the people who I dont speak a lot on Discord but still help me to improve by giving me feedback on almost everything I show. Tose are too many names... CC9, RWE, Liampie, Mintliqeur, Gforce, Trav and lots of more people. You really help me to improve and to stay motivated.

Im looking forward for H2H and Im working on my skills every day to participate in that brilliant competition. Compared to one year ago I made huge steps and I really hope that I get picked.
  • mintliqueur%s's Photo

I feel honored to be mentioned, MK98!

I'd like to thank the site administrators for keeping this site going for all these years. Although I didn't post here back in the day, I followed the site closely and admired the very high quality of the work produced here. I was supprised and happy to discover the site was still alive when I started posting here a couple of years ago. Although I never find time or motivation these days to build anything myself, I still love to come here to check out what's happening. RCT, as played here at NE, is an art form, and viewing new screenshots and parks gives me the kind of pleasure only good art can give. I'd like to thank all the players through the years producing this art, and it's great to see the recent influx of new members giving the community new life. This is doubtless due to the work of the OpenRCT2 team, for which I am also immensely thankful. When RCT2 came out I was initially disappointed with many of the changes, and dreamt of making something like OpenRCT2 combining the best of both games, although I never had the know-how to do it. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading