Related Games / World Wonder Project - (Planet Coaster)

• In:Cities%s's Photo

Yo,

It's definitely been a while! I still drop by the site every so often to see whats going on, but sadly haven't played much RCT since the last H2H competition haha. After living in Miami for the past year or so, I've decided to return back to Disney Cruise Line - which coincidentally has me docked in Miami on the Disney Magic haha.

With limited internet, I've had less online distractions. That, coupled with a monster new gaming laptop has resulted in a lot of productivity in Planet Coaster. I never truly got a chance to explore this game, and now I'm having a blast with it.

I haven't made any significant progress yet, and still have a lot of tiny detailing left to do. But I'm focusing a lot on the macro aspect and planning stages as of yet. Right now I'm working on an Egyptian themed area. Still haven't added the entrance plaza - but I'm planning on using this area as the first 'land' of the park. There are several other themes I'd like to explore in this park as well. I haven't decided which ancient wonders of the world I want to explore, but the Hanging Gardens, Chichen Itza, and Taj Majal remain possibilities. I'm also planning on building up a large portion of the park as animal exhibits integrated in the various lands; similar to Animal Kingdom or Busch Gardens Tampa.

Would love to hear what you guys think so far! Really having a blast with this game.

Attached File  Egypt__1.jpg (70.05KB)
    downloads: 37

A little locker area I built last night. Not very detailed yet, but still fun to make.

Attached File  Egypt__2.jpg (144.07KB)
    downloads: 43

A quick overview of one of the more completed areas. Still have little details to add.

Attached File  Egypt__3.jpg (123.54KB)
    downloads: 50

The (plain) main street area. The plan is to add some shops/vendors/entrance plaza/turnstiles/etc soon.

Attached File  Egypt__4.jpg (133.27KB)
    downloads: 42

It's just a restroom, but I think it came out nicely.

Attached File  Egypt_Overview_2.jpg (90.2KB)
    downloads: 35

Progress so far. Those pyramids were not fun to build.

• saxman1089%s's Photo

Dude, these look great so far. I've never played PC, but you're making me want to try it out with these screens.

Appreciate the kind words!

I know that most people here aren't focused much on PC, but I figure I'll share my progress all the same. Having a blast working on this project haha.

Attached File  Egypt__10.jpg (165.44KB)
    downloads: 37

Overview of the Nile River Rapids and Amphitheatre area. Still have to clean it up a bit and add some detailing.

Attached File  Egypt__11.jpg (169.15KB)
    downloads: 51

The tortoises have arrived in their exhibit.

Attached File  Egypt__9.jpg (152.99KB)
    downloads: 38

Another view of the area.

Attached File  Egypt__12.jpg (121.16KB)
    downloads: 39

These things were miserable to build, but came out decently. Very unfinished screen.

Attached File  Egypt_Overview_12.jpg (94.86KB)
    downloads: 33

The latest overview.

And of course after all this progress I make, they announce an adventure themed pack lol. Looking forward to seeing what content the new pack brings.

• Richie%s's Photo

Looks great, not sure where my reply went maybe i didn't click post haha

Really like the theme park atmosphere its giving off, I agree it's a shame more people from here don't play.

I still love you guys.

Been having a blast with this project still haha.

Attached File  Egypt__20.jpg (137.52KB)
    downloads: 25

This part was such a pain to create, but I think it turned out decently. If you've ever played with the path tool, as well as realizing how tricky the water can be in this game you may understand how difficult this was. (A thin strip of land is hidden in the roof above the glass in order to keep the water 'in')

Attached File  Egypt__21.jpg (118.37KB)
    downloads: 32

Attached File  Egypt__22.jpg (156.33KB)
    downloads: 27

Attached File  Egypt__23.jpg (120.09KB)
    downloads: 28

Attached File  Egypt__24.jpg (152.14KB)
    downloads: 26

Really trying to focus on elevation changes.

Attached File  Egypt_Overview_30.jpg (112.53KB)
    downloads: 25

Overview so far!

- Josh

• trav%s's Photo

It feels a little textureless at the moment, I think maybe using something like the limestone wall rather than the stucco wall might help?

The little Oasis Snacks building is great though.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading