Ask the Experts / Double Flat Ride; Single Queue

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo

This one may not be possible, but I'll throw it out there if anyone has suggestions:

I have 2 flying saucer rides, side by side.  I want to feed them with a single queue.  Two exits is fine, though single is cool too.  

Things I've tried:

- You can do this with 2 stations on the same tracked ride by changing the ID of the one entrance hut with hex editing.  It doesn't work with 2 separate ride.

- I can successfully clone a flat ride tile by tile with hex editing.  Works great with a scrambler for example.  But with the saucer, no vehicles appear when I try to test it.  

- Cloning just the entrance over to the new ride.  Doesn't make sense, but I tried it anyway.  No luck.

Anybody have any thoughts?

• dr dirt%s's Photo

If I recall the queues are complicated to try to do anything other than the normal set up.  Perhaps you could try to fake it by overlapping two queues on top of eachother, 1 unit raised, fed out of both huts overlapped.  If that works, the entrance to the queue line might still be an issue, so you may have to have them offset or entering from two different sides. Even then, it's still finicky keeping the edited queue working correctly.  I'm thinking two different rides with one queue might be impossible, considering cloning two queue huts on one ride only has one line working at a time.

Exits really wouldn't even need a hack, just clever placement of exit huts.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading