H2H8 / H2H8 General Thread

• G Force%s's Photo

H2H8 TABLE OF CONTENTS

This topic will be used for all H2H8 announcements. This first post will be updated with links to the anouncements in this topic or elsewhere on the forums as they are posted so that it may be used as a table of contents. This topic will also be the place to discuss general H2H8 matters.

(1) Rules & Regulations -- February 18th 2018
    Rules & Regulations for H2H8 can be found here. Please make sure you have read them before signing up to take part.
    update -- March 5th 2018

(2) Sign Ups -- February 18th 2018
    All the information regarding Sign Ups for H2H8 can be found further down in this topic here. Please read the accompanying post before replying to sign up.

(3) H2H8 Captains -- February 25th 2018
    The Captains for H2H8 have been announced here.

(4) H2H8 Draft -- February 28th 2018
    The date for the H2H8 draft has been announced here.
    update -- March 5th 2018

(5) H2H8 Draft Results -- March 6th 2018
    A recap of the draft can be found here.

(6) Post Draft Trades -- March 8th 2018
    There have been no trades.

(7) Team Rosters -- March 8th 2018
    The Team rosters have been announced here.
    update -- March 27th 2018
    update -- April 12th 2018
    update -- April 30th 2018
    update -- May 30th 2018

(8 ) Match Schedule -- March 8th 2018
    The match schedule can be found here.
    update -- June 9th 2018

(9) Player Replacements
    If there are any players dropping out, the replacement will be announced and linked to here.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

operation beat liam engaged

• Fisch%s's Photo

awesome logo!

• RWE%s's Photo

Kumba, why is brown one of the cons?

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

"Dirty Americans" should be a team name. lol

• saxman1089%s's Photo

"Dirty Americans" should be a team name. lol

YESSSSSSS. #jappyhatesamerica 

• Lilith%s's Photo

if theres still gonna be a gay team and it needs LL players hmu hahah

• spacek531%s's Photo

What's the H2H schedule?

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

Head-to-Hate? 

• Liampie%s's Photo

What's the H2H schedule?

First deadline will probably be first half of April, last deadlines will be July. Exact schedule will follow later.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Not sure where to post this. Since multiplayer is going to add so much to H2H8, it would be good to bring everyone up to speed on how to initiate multiplayer on OpenRCT. Personally I'm in the dark on the whole thing, I've only ever joined other servers, never hosted a multiplayer session.

[1] From my understanding, someone who "hosts" a server is able to leave the game running 24 hours a day? So any team member can jump on at any time to check the progress of the game, or those who are building on that particular park can build whenever they have time?

[2] If a team doesn't have someone who can host, can we still build multiplayer? For example, if I'm teamed up with 2 other players on a park, when we want to build at the same time, is it fairly simple for me to start a password protected multiplayer game for that building session? If so, how do we do it? Are there any cautions we should take if the host computer crashes, like setting up a auto-save game ever 5 minutes?

If someone who's "in the know" could describe a simple tutorial on the matter, that could help out all 6 teams immensely to get a good start to the tournament.

• saxman1089%s's Photo

questions

1) Yes, if someone has a way to keep a computer on all the time, they can run a server 24/7 so that any team member can jump on and build or check it out whenever they have time. You don't need a dedicated server computer to do this, you can use an old laptop or desktop. You can either run it with the GUI, so if you're the person who's hosting, you can play, or you can run it headless (without the GUI), and login from a different computer just like everyone else who's playing.

2) Yes you can still build multiplayer, and the procedure for starting such a multiplayer game is the same as for the case where someone's hosting 24/7 on a dedicated server (unless the 24/7 server is running without the GUI). As far as autosaves, yes, and that goes for both a dedicated server and someone hosting a limited multiplayer session. I play with 5 minute autosaves all the time, and it has become so useful to me that I can't see myself ever going back. Not only for crashes, it also helps with undoing stuff.

As for the process of actually hosting, the official tutorial is here:

https://github.com/O...iki/Multiplayer

It does get a bit "down in the weeds" however. This is a good video tutorial:

https://www.youtube....h?v=IWub0bRnOGQ

It's a bit old, but all the steps should be the same.

• RWE%s's Photo

Hosting yourself is pretty easy to do if you have the internet you need and good access to your router menu.

what are everybody's predictions for the draft btw?

• Liampie%s's Photo

I think we'll have an official tutorial up within the next two weeks.

• saxman1089%s's Photo

what are everybody's predictions for the draft btw?

First round is good, after that its gonna be tough to figure out who goes when. And the floater rule is going to be HUGE. Do you wait and pick a decent player in those last two rounds? Do you take someone relatively unknown and along with them the risk? 

However the draft goes, it's gonna be damn exciting.

• RWE%s's Photo

Yeah i actually managed to guess until round 5 or 6. But after that it gets pretty difficult. I can believe older members having even more problems.

• Version1%s's Photo

And the floater rule is going to be HUGE. Do you wait and pick a decent player in those last two rounds? Do you take someone relatively unknown and along with them the risk? 

I think the more interesting question is if there will be a bunch of more experimental players picked in the 7th round and a run on reliable builders in the 8th round as everyone wants a good floater.

• saxman1089%s's Photo

I think the more interesting question is if there will be a bunch of more experimental players picked in the 7th round and a run on reliable builders in the 8th round as everyone wants a good floater.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. But then, who are the reliable builders that youd wait on?
  • Version1%s's Photo

I've heard from two guys that I might be a good floater pick and I might fall into that category. Although, I'd expect to be picked in the last two rounds either way.

• saxman1089%s's Photo
    With the field this year, you really think you’d go in the last two rounds? Id think you would go before that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading