H2H8 / Round 5 Wrap-up

What is your favourite Round 5 park?

What was the best match-up of Round 5?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Round 5 Wrap-up

Below you will find the current standings for H2H8. The four teams with the most wins will proceed to the semi-finals, with the average vote percentage used as a potential tie-breaker. In a match without consequences, Strangelove beat Heaven's Gallery. The UltraRealists, despite their difficult start in H2H8, fought until the very end and got dangerously close to qualifying, by beating Team Spacecrab, but with The Replacements beating the Icons, their victories were too late and too few. This means that we will see no more of the UltraRealists and the Icons. In the play-offs, two weeks from now, #1 seed Strangelove will face #4 seed Team Spacecrab. #3 Heaven's Gallery will go head to head with #2 The Replacements.

* The Replacements and Strangelove both received a 25% penalty on their R1 score
    ** Due to the Icons' disqualification, The Replacements received the average % of all Round Robin wins for Round 5

What do you think of round 5 as a whole? Share your observations, rank the parks, vote in the poll!

• RWE%s's Photo

Congratulations to all teams getting to the semis, can't wait to see how they will perform in the playoffs! Also sad to see UR go, they made some great park this season.

• Kumba%s's Photo

First off, outstanding regular season, a solid finished park from every team every week has never happened in this contest before. All very high quality work too, every team should be proud of what they got done in-game. idk if I'll have time to review every park, but I'll try to create some feedback and maybe little things in my end of season thoughts topic.

Icons vs. Re... I think this is the analogy I want to go with...

There once was a playful child named... let's call him Lou. He had a pet fish, let's call the fish... UR. He also had, idk... 2-5 parents we'll call them Admins. One day, playful little Lou decided to grab UR out of its fishbowl and toss him on the floor. Just as UR hit the ground, already experiencing trauma, Lou's Admins walked in and saw what happened. They talked to Lou while UR suffocated on the floor. No action was taken to save poor UR.

So yeah, that's how I see it. Lou should not throw a fish out of it's bowl and the parents need to do something about it if he does. Real fail by the staff and a huge disappointment to our team.

Edit: Actually, I should not say that no action was taken by the staff. I heard of options to try and give us a chance to move forward, but we were not into the options we heard about. 

• saxman1089%s's Photo

What did you want the admins to do Kumba? Completely change the rules so that 5 teams go to playoffs? Because then you'd be fucking over the teams that worked their asses off to be in a position where they didn't have to depend on another team's success or failure for their admission to the playoffs...

• Casimir%s's Photo

What did you want the admins to do Kumba? Completely change the rules so that 5 teams go to playoffs? Because then you'd be fucking over the teams that worked their asses off to be in a position where they didn't have to depend on another team's success or failure for their admission to the playoffs...

Something something 3-way-final

• Kumba%s's Photo

What I wanted to see was Louis' post edited/deleted to not reveal the builders and then have a normal H2H match between the two parks That's what H2H is... right? Was the Icons park a few tiles over, maybe, but that's not a reason to DQ, most of the time a few 100 extra tiles is ignored and no one notices, I think Star Wars was close to 65x65. Maybe dock them some votes, but a DQ in a vital playoff related match was insane.

Have the match poll. Not having it is what will always piss me off about this. The forfeit was literately collusion to get the Replacements in the playoffs and was allowed. No excuse for that.

4 teams go to the playoffs when I read the rules at the start of the season and that's what I wanted to see. Not 5, not 3, 4 based on record and win %

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Sounds easy and fun Kumba, but if we used the Icons park to have a normal match against Louis's and his team's wishes, don't you think they would've pulled the plug out of the match anyway? I don't think we could've done anything.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

He is right. We did have a discussion about this exact thing sadly. :/

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Still inclined to agree with Darren on this, but I guess what's done is done.

Will we still get to see some of your work though? ^

Also, nobody is more surprised than Strangelove that we are at the top of the RR after 5 matches lol. Especially given that Mekong was the only park that people seemed to rate highly in the wrap up topics. Looking forward to the semis and finals though!
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Sounds easy and fun Kumba, but if we used the Icons park to have a normal match against Louis's and his team's wishes, don't you think they would've pulled the plug out of the match anyway? I don't think we could've done anything.

Pull the plug? It's your job to keep the plug in place. If Louis insisted on a self-DQ, take away his ability to do so. You didn't allow a decisive match to take place and I don't understand how they could stop you. Maybe you'd need to silence people which sounds bad, but their goal was to collude, which is cheating. You need to prevent cheating. A bit hard when the ref is in the middle, but still, got to try and do something for the integrity of the contest.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Can you two please just take this to a rap battle? Make a topic and poll, and we'll vote for the winner. Serious.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Man those penalties really hurt Strangelove and the Replacements.
  • MK98%s's Photo

I 100% agree with Kumba here. This was bad, very bad. How many people knew about this before it happened and didn't say anything? And when it happened, why did none of the admins delete his post? There are so many ways this could have been solved while nobody has done something. But no, let's follow the rules. Let's not do anything.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    A Liam vs. Kumba rap battle... I like it :kumbasgreen:
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Shut up both. You don't know what happened backstage and at this tone I don't feel like explaining either. Don't put this shit on me, ][ or G. The Icons held all the chips.
  • MK98%s's Photo

No, we don't know what happened backstage but if you don't explain you can expect angry reactions.

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

Liam, i'm sure there is plenty going on, but nothing has been shared with us. With no additional information, this just looks like Louis got away with what he did.

Personally, I'm not as concerned about the contest moving forward. I'm interested to know what the repercussions are going to be for the site. Given this topic and closing the RR matches, it seems like the outcome is to move forward and pretend this never happened. I guess i'm just asking for some more transparency on what's going on backstage and what this will mean for NE moving forward. My concern is in 6 months Louis will be back running the site like he didn't purposefully ruin a contest here...

• saxman1089%s's Photo

The contest is only "ruined" if you all let it be ruined. I'm sure there will be site-wide ramifications, probably many at the personal level, regarding this event. But I don't see any reason for anyone to say "well, the contest is fucked, better just give up now."

• Liampie%s's Photo
    If you want to know what happened, maybe just ask instead of calling out the entire admin team and pointing fingers. I have not been secretive about what happened, but none of you have approached me. Besides, it's not like this happened in a very organized matter. We didn't have a statement ready. Personally I think a statement by the admin team would only make it look like we supported this move. I'd rather let Louis and co do the talking.

edit: In addition, each team has a captain who can be the communicative link between team and admin team. And when the captain is absent there is a vice-captain.
  • Julow%s's Photo

Round 5

1- A Far Cry from Home 85%

2- Romon U Park 75%

3- Mandala 75%

4- Metropolis 65%

5- Disney's Frontierland 65%

6- The Apprenticeship 60%

All parks

1- Forum Caeleste 90%

2- DKS 90%

3- Park Guell 85%

4- Castles'n'Coasters 85%

5- Tubiao Action Park 85%

6- A Far Cry from Home 85%

7- Forgotten Mekong 80%

8- Ski Resort 75%

9- Dig Site 4 75%

10- All Coasters go to Heaven 75%

11- Billy Wonka's 75%

12- Romon U Park 75%

13- Mandala 75%

14- Studio Ghibli 70%

15- E.V.I.L 70%

16- Feira do Flamingo 70%

17- Mzima Springs 70%

18- Metropolis 65%

19- Tahendo Zoo 65%

20- Wit's End 65%

21- North's Fork 65%

22- Efteling 65%

23- Port Disney 65%

24- Disney's Frontierland 65%

25- A year in Winkelheim 60%

26- The Apprenticeship 60%

27- Motherland 60%

28- Mictlan 60%

29- Grand Central 60%

30- Arendelle 60%

Honorable mentions / awards inspired list  :p

Best composition:

1- Forum Caeleste

2- Park Guell

3- DKS

Best idea: 

1- All Coasters go to Heaven

2- Mandala 

3- A year in Winkelheim

Best realism:
    1- Tubiao Action Park

2- Castles'n'Coasters

3- Romon U Park

Best atmosphere:

1- Forgotten Mekong

2- Park Guell

3- Dig Site 4

Best archy:

1- Tubiao Action Park / Park Guell

2- A Far Cry from Home / Forum Caeleste / DKS

3- E.V.I.L / Tahendo Zoo

Best foliage and landscaping:

1- A Far Cry from Home

2- Park Guell 

3- Ski Resort / DKS

Best roller coasters:

1- A Far Cry from Home

2- All Coasters go to Heaven

3- Dig Site 4 / North Fork's

Best other rides:

1- Castles'n'Coasters

2- Feira do Flamingo

3- Mzima Springs

Best boats:

1- Port Disney

2- The Apprenticeship

3- Efteling / A Far Cry from Home

And my personal favorites from those rounds: Forum Caeleste, DKS, Park Guell, All Coasters go to Heaven, Billy Wonka's, Ski Resort, A Far Cry from Home, Castles'n'Coasters

Thanks everybody for making such excellent parks. 

And for the recent drama, I don't really care anymore. One more time, it shows for me that there's nothing more to search on a personal level on this website. I wish some people could take some distance about their actions and think a bit more about other people. So much self-centered people here (not speaking for everybody, there's also very nice people :) !)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading