Custom Scenery Exchange / Roomies Ride Shack

• Roomie%s's Photo

Howdy all

As some of you may have noticed I built a few tides for Heavens Gallery during H2H8. I started from scratch at the start of the competition and learnt how it all works over a couple of weeks (still learning to be honest) X7123M3-256 and SpaceK have both been a great help at various points.

Unfortunately I am not a good graphic designer so you won’t see any new coaster cars like the RMC or wing coaster cars from me I’m afraid. However what I do have is ideas and plenty of them so while they may not be perfect sometimes they should hopefully open peoples eyes to what can be done.
    I’ll update this over time with the more complex rides and the rides that weren’t already used in H2H but here are some for starters.

Modified Roller Coaster Trains

Reversed Corkscrew Train
    Attached File  RREVCORK.jpg (10.81KB)
    downloads: 43
    My first ride built for Flamengo and just a simple reversal of the standard corkscrew coaster train in Open RCT2. Plenty of old Arrow and Vekoma rides have used reversed trains over the years so this just allows that option in your park.
    Attached File  RREVCORK.zip (854.43KB)
    downloads: 28

Reversed 4-Across Inverted Train
    Attached File  RREVINVE.jpg (11.11KB)
    downloads: 61
    Much the same as the corkscrew train above. Built originally for an unused H2H park it emulates the time Six Flags run Batman: The Ride with a backwards train.
    Attached File  RREVINVE.zip (500.6KB)
    downloads: 36

Reversed 4-Across Hyper Train
    Attached File  RREVHYPE.jpg (10.2KB)
    downloads: 53
    Having done the inverted coaster reverse train it seemed a shame not to do hyper trains as well. Based off of the reverse train which runs on the B&M mega coaster Holywood Dream at Universal Studios Japan.
    Attached File  RREVHYPE.zip (640.35KB)
    downloads: 32

Inverted Train With Reversed Rear Car
    Attached File  RRINVE.JPG (17.79KB)
    downloads: 16
    A B&M inverted train with a rear car that faces backwards as has been done a by a few parks over the years. Appeared first in my Laguna park.

Attached File  RREVINVE.DAT (754.51KB)
    downloads: 22

Counter Rotating Vertical Cars (For Custom Top Spins)
    Attached File  Counter.JPG (66.25KB)
    downloads: 12
    I was tired of custom top spin rides just doing loops so these new modified cars are standard RCT vertical coaster cars that counter rotate while doing a loop (Which is hard to explain but you can see them in action in my Laguna Park) Which provides a different option for custom top spins. 

Attached File  LTOP1.DA.DAT (912.16KB)
    downloads: 13

New Flat Rides

Slingshot Ride
    Attached File  SLINGSH1.jpg (9.78KB)
    downloads: 51
    Slingshot Ride based on those terrifying rides at fairs with a bungee cord. This was the first flat ride I really modified and is a little rough and ready because of it. The car will appear under the Launched Freefall ride and requires the tower to be made invisible and the slingshot structure made from scenery. See Feira Do Flamengo for a good example.
    Attached File  SLINGSH1.zip (7.92KB)
    downloads: 46

Football Players 
    Attached File  FTBALL04.jpg (8.28KB)
    downloads: 9

Although originally used as football players in Flamengo this ride is essentially just a flying saucers ride where instead of boarding saucers the peeps just run around the 4x4 area. Can be used for any number of things where you want a group of peeps running around randomly. 

There are 2 versions of this depending how fast you want your peeps to move around.

Fast Running - Attached File  FTBALL04.zip (9.93KB)
    downloads: 23

Walking Pace - Attached File  SLOWFOOT.zip (9.88KB)
    downloads: 19

Protesters
    Attached File  PROTEST.jpg (8.97KB)
    downloads: 31

Used in Billy Wonka this is for all intents and purposes the same ride as the Football players above although they have been slowed down and given small white placards to walk around with.

Attached File  PROTEST.zip (9.98KB)
    downloads: 20

Programmable Rides

Rotating Ghost Train
    Attached File  Ghost1.JPG (192.69KB)
    downloads: 10
    The first of my programmable rides that use the 4D coasters track settings to program car orientation. The ride was first used in the H2H park La Feria and is a classic Ghost Train type ride where you can change the angle of the cars using 4D track's rotation settings so the cars point in the orientation you want. 

CP6 did an excellent tutorial on how to work with this ride type in the video below and I would say this is the best way to get to grips with this new ride style. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=uM2td_d8FSU

Attached File  RGHOST91.DAT (2.25MB)
    downloads: 25

Tracked/Other Rides

Dancing Peeps
    Attached File  DANCEP09.jpg (10.25KB)
    downloads: 27
    The creepy ass dancing peeps from Flamengo. Essentially a car on the Virginia Reel with no visible train. The ride will need peeps onboard to be visible, curves make the peeps spin round and in a kind of weird terrifying way they always look at the player waving their hands.
    Attached File  DANCEP09.zip (29.88KB)
    downloads: 22

Zierer Jet Skis
    Attached File  SWINGSKI.jpg (9.98KB)
    downloads: 20
    Something I built on request for CP6 in Allegheny Adventures and something that probably went under the radar for a few people. This is essentially the Jet Ski cars from the boat hire on a coaster track. The cars swing out when going fast enough around corners and are spaced out to provide 6 cars on a 4x4 circle.

They are designed to emulate the Zierer Jet Ski rides found at parks around the world. Requires shoestringing to make it work properly but its kind of cool to watch the trains drift round corners. (Car appears under LIM Launched coaster and will only show on flat track)
    Attached File  SWINGSKI.zip (32.13KB)
    downloads: 18

Running Peeps
    Attached File  Run.JPG (14.81KB)
    downloads: 7
    A modified version of the crazy gold ride where peeps run really fast. First used in my Laguna park to simulate a running race. Basically its just a spend up version of the original Crazy Golf where peeps run along the sections between holes. Im sure theres more uses for it but I will let you guys figure out what they are.
    Attached File  PEEPRUN.DAT (43.62KB)
    downloads: 14

Moving Scenery Items

Football - FIxed
    Attached File  FTBALL04.jpg (8.28KB)
    downloads: 9

The infamous football. A small ball that is placed on a ghost train track. Can be used for many things and has been over the course of H2H8.

This is fixed version compared to the one used in H2H8. The one in H2H was offset from the track center (mainly because when i first made it in the days before the end of round 2 I had little idea about what I was doing.) Anyway this has a different .DAT name so as not to ruin the ones used in parks like Castles And Coasters and Billy Wonka.

Attached File  FTBALL09.zip (8.31KB)
    downloads: 14

Drone
    Attached File  Drone.JPG (10.79KB)
    downloads: 1

A quadcopter drone you can use to fly over your park. If you for some reason want to. Appeared in my park Laguna first.

Attached File  RODRONE.DAT (74.79KB)

Fork Lift Truck

Attached File  Fork.JPG (27.21KB)
    downloads: 2

A fork lift truck i used for back of house scenery in my Laguna Park. It only has images for 90 degree turns I'm afraid and no spritres for hills but it adds some nice scenery to a park. 

Attached File  FORKLIFT.DAT (53.34KB)
    downloads: 10

Misc

Clickable Tooltip
    Attached File  EXCLAM2.JPG (8.48KB)
    downloads: 13
    A weird one this but something I have found useful and someone else may too. It is esentially a shop in the shape of an exclamation mark. Useful on Multiplayer servers to set reminders or notes for other people. Place marker and name it whatever you like. When someone hovers over the exclamation mark it shows the note you left.
    As i said perhaps pointless for most people but useful in the right situations.
    Attached File  EXCLAM2.zip (5.7KB)
    downloads: 18

----------------------------------------------------------------

Happy to answer any questions or fix any bugs people find. Fairly new to this so well aware some of these may have issues :)

I have a LOT of these to sort out and make presentable so keep checking back.

Drone
    Attached File  Drone.JPG (10.79KB)
    downloads: 1

A quadcopter drone you can use to fly over your park. If you for some reason want to. Appeared in my park Laguna first.

Attached File  RODRONE.DAT (74.79KB)

• SSSammy%s's Photo

that tooltip is a great idea!

• saxman1089%s's Photo

Nice job Roomie! That tooltip is awesome!

• G Force%s's Photo
    Already plan on using the slingshot ride, definitely think it will be a usual sighting on many parks in the future.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Thanks guys.

Added Reversed Hyper Train and Zierer Jet Skis

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    I love you for the drifting jetskis.

The tooltip is a nice idea too, a much more elegant alternative to raising landspikes in MP servers :p
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    Do other people not use pink signs for multiplayer signalling?

Don't get me wrong, the tooltip has a lot of value, as do all the other rides. You've done cool things this contest.
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

These are wonderful, I really like these!

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Do other people not use pink signs for multiplayer signalling?

Well, you can fit more text in a smaller space with this.

BTW I forgot to mention how much I love the dancing peeps
  • FredD%s's Photo

Ha it was you who created that jetski ride! Great job, did one in FUCK but that is way off compared to your version. Will use that in the feature.

• FunTown1412%s's Photo

May you—please—show us (step-by-step) on how to build a Sling Shot ride (using the Launched Freefall Tower hack)?!  Thank You!

PS.:  Would you also know how to use the Frisbee ride scenery items to build a Frisbee pendulum ride?!

Thank You!

• Roomie%s's Photo

Thanks again guys,

Added the Football (Fixed version), Football Players and Protesters today.

May you—please—show us (step-by-step) on how to build a Sling Shot ride (using the Launched Freefall Tower hack)?!  Thank You!

PS.:  Would you also know how to use the Frisbee ride scenery items to build a Frisbee pendulum ride?!

Thank You!

I shall do a set of tutorials on some of these when i get back from holiday in a couple of weeks. The Programmable rides are going to need a decent one anyway. As for the frissbee not sure I can. its certainly possible for someone with more graphic ability than me I imagine.

• spacek531%s's Photo

Its certainly possible for someone with more graphic ability than me I imagine.

Sounds like a job for me

• Jappy%s's Photo

Sounds like a job for me

If you can that get to work, maybe there's hope for the Disc-o after all? 

• spacek531%s's Photo
    The Disk'O has always worked as a regular rollercoaster ride. As an animated ride, which is to say animated spinning, nothing in RCT2 nor Open can accomodate it.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    You know, you could probably add a new animation type. I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work.
  • spacek531%s's Photo
    The problem is I don't know Open well enough to know where to start implementing such a thing or how to finish. The good news is as soon as I make something that works for the Disk'O I can make a Frisbee with the same properties
  • FunTown1412%s's Photo

Where's the scenery pack for your new Slingshot ride (based on the Launched Freefall Tower ride)?!?!

Who's making that scenery pack?!?!

• Roomie%s's Photo

Where's the scenery pack for your new Slingshot ride (based on the Launched Freefall Tower ride)?!?!

Who's making that scenery pack?!?!

Scenery pack? The example in Flamengo was just made using Art Deco Blocks made by Toontowner they are in almost every custom park these days.

Been messing around with some othe rideas.

Attached File  Divesplash1.JPG (66.35KB)

This is eminantly possible using the same method the programable Ghost Train in Flamengo uses. Unfortunatly I cant do it without some serious flaws at the moment. As it would need to be based off of the 4D in order to use the 4D spinning controls as a switch and the 4D doesnt have banked drops I'd just end up with a Dive Machine i could make splash but that can't handle curved drops. which isn't a great trade off :) 

Buggys old ride builder isn't powerful enough to modify the useable ride track sprites and I'm not well versed enough to do it myself so that ones on hold for now i guess.

However I do have another 21 useable working rides just about ready to go :) Just need to do some refining on them so more on here soon

• nicman%s's Photo

Been messing around with some othe rideas.

Attached File  Divesplash1.JPG (66.35KB)

This is eminantly possible using the same method the programable Ghost Train in Flamengo uses. Unfortunatly I cant do it without some serious flaws at the moment. As it would need to be based off of the 4D in order to use the 4D spinning controls as a switch and the 4D doesnt have banked drops I'd just end up with a Dive Machine i could make splash but that can't handle curved drops. which isn't a great trade off :)

Buggys old ride builder isn't powerful enough to modify the useable ride track sprites and I'm not well versed enough to do it myself so that ones on hold for now i guess.

However I do have another 21 useable working rides just about ready to go :) Just need to do some refining on them so more on here soon

That new idea would be great for openrct2, it would be made by referencing those preexisting sprites. Similar to how the booster sprites show up.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading