Micro Madness 2019 / MM3 - General Info & Sign-ups

• Liampie%s's Photo

mm3_400px.png

What is Micro Madness 3?
    Micro Madness 3 is the third edition of the Micro Madness competition, an individual contest open to all members at New Element in which the objective is to create a 15x15 sized map to directly compete against others. Micro Madness is all about creativity, it's a challenge for those at the top of their game to show what they can do with a small map, but also an opportunity for beginners and intermediates to launch themselves into the spotlight as many have done in previous editions. We will closely follow the format of Micro Madness 2014, which was characterised by four-way matchups, and a flexible contest bracket.

The Objective
    Your task is to develop a 15x15 map. There are no limits to what can be and what can't be done, everyone has free reign, as long as it fits the size requirement. You do not have to utilise a square shape to achieve the spatial target. 15x15 is equal to 225 tiles and you can use these to create any shape you like, but you may not use more than this allocation. Nothing may lie outside this boundary except directly adjacent walls (and other virtually 'flat' scenery pieces), map entrances, peep entry points and any way of getting peeps into your entry. If you are unsure about anything, do not hesitate to contact any of the admins. Your submission will enter a match with a number of other submissions; the winner(s) of this match will proceed into the next round, in which you have to develop a new map following the same formula. At the end of the fourth round, only one person will be left standing: the Micro Madness 3 Champion!

Starting today, you have 10 days to sign up for this contest, by stating your intention to join the contest in a reply below. The sign ups will close on Thursday March 21st at 23:59 PM GMT, after which the seeding will occur and the bracket will be completed. The contest will then start on Sunday March 24th when the competition bracket and all the specific rules & regulations are released to the public. Any people attempting to sign up after the bracket has been made will join a reserves list and may not get the chance to take part in the contest. Please be aware when signing up that the contest will run from March 24th and the final round may not be completed until June 9th.

Seeding
    The reason for the week gap between sign ups and the contest start is so we can create the optimal bracket for the competition to run smoothly. Part of this process involves seeding. All entrants will be seeded for this competition and placed into pots. People will then be drawn from random out of these pots to be placed in the first round according to the order they were drawn from their ranked pot. This is much like the process for the World Cup, Champions League and many other sporting events.

Rules & Regulations
    The guidelines of the contest, including details for deadlines and submissions will only be available when the contest officially starts on Sunday March 24th. Each round will run for 2 weeks. There will then be a 1 week gap to allow for voting and processing and the next round will then start right away. Our intention is for the contest to have four rounds, but the virtual bracket will remain open to changes depending on the number of sing-ups, in order to accomodate as many people as we can. You are not allowed to start working on your entries before March 24th, and you are not allowed to share screenshots or savegames of your work at any time. If you have any questions regarding the rules & regulations you would like to see answered before the contest kicks off, please do ask, and we will try to give you an answer the best we can.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Sign-ups

1-10
    shnupz
    Scoop
    CoasterCreator9
    Shotguns?
    RWE
    inthemanual
    CHE
    RCTHibo
    nin
    bigshootergill
    ottersalad
    11-20
    dr dirt
    Faas
    Camcorder22
    Jaguar
    Merzbow666
    Liampie
    Sulakke
    Iron Rattler
    Terry Inferno
    Bubbsy41
    21-30
    Cocoa
    zxbiohzardzx
    disneylandian192
    WhosLeon
    JimmyLaessig
    gdb
    Chocotopian
    Version1
    MK98
    Jappy
    31-40
    FredD
    In:Cities
    Wouter VL
    AvanineCommuter
    Top Gun
    Tolsimir
    Austin55
    Luketh
    Mattk48
    Stoksy
    41-50
    RCTFAN
    Maverix
    Gustav Goblin
    Recurious
    Xtreme97
    YoloSweggLord
    barNID
    Steve
    Kai
    Wacked
    51-60
    StormRunnerFan
    bad
    Shoepert
    lightkeeper
    SWAGTITTIES
    Narc
    RCT2Day
    6crazy6king6
    ICU
    mamarillas
    61-70
    Ling
    ThemeParkManiac
    Fisch
    roygbiv
    L3mmy
    BBT
    Wonterra
    hoobaroo
    alex
    maddkattunge
    71-80
    wizard_IRL
    Impulse

• shnupz%s's Photo

ME

• Scoop%s's Photo

First

edit: dammit

edit to the edit: this is my sign up

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

I intend to join.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

ME

• RWE%s's Photo

I'm in.

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Playing Captain
  • CHE%s's Photo

Count me in!

• RCThibo%s's Photo

Fuck it I'm in.

• nin%s's Photo

Sign me up.

• FredD%s's Photo

I'm gonna let this pass. 

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Throwing my hat into the ring. I joined NE when the last one had just started.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Not going to enter, but it's good to see this still going. I miss the NCAA style format, but yeah it's harder to pull off than this. 

Rather than entering, I think I'll just make 1 micro and maybe it will be better than all the ones in the actual contest :kumbasgreen:

• ottersalad%s's Photo
    Count me in
  • dr dirt%s's Photo

I'm in like Flynn

• Faas%s's Photo
    I would like to participate.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    I must defend my honer
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Sign me up. YEAH LET'S DO THIS!
  • Lilith%s's Photo
    sign me the heck up