RCT Discussion / The sketching/planning game

• Liampie%s's Photo

A couple of people did some brainstorming on discord today. What if Dolfinarium, a well known aquatic zoo in The Netherlands without mechical rides got purchased by Sea World or got turned into a full fledged theme park in another way? There was a map and I did some drawing. I know I'm not the only one who likes to draw and brainstorm, so we can make it a fun exercise.

I post a(n aerial) picture of a real world location. The next person draws a proposal on that same picture, and posts a new picture of a new location for the next person. Both the drawing and the picking a new location can require some critical thinking skills, so this can get interesting.

Dolfinarium, plain:

Attached Image: dolf1.png

Dolfinarium, proposal:

Attached Image: dolf2.png

Park expands to cover the whole island, as well as a bit of land across the water in the East. The new thin strip of land in the North could host a mid sized B&M hyper, as far away from the historic town as possible. On the tip of the island a family suspended coaster could be nice. Rapids on the former parking lot. Entrance is moved towards the city.

New scenario: Gaasperpark is a former major garden exhibition site, now a park. Enclosed by a lake, a river, residential areas and a highway. There's also the terminal station of a metro line. Some preexisting buildings near the metro including a big white domed building.

Attached Image: gaasp.png

Would make a great theme park site. Show me a vision!

• G Force%s's Photo

This is cool, Dolfinarium is definitely believable.  Unfortunately I lack the artistic and creative ability to contribute.

Definitely a bunch of Zoo's or Waterparks around that could use a few mechanical rides.  

• Cocoa%s's Photo

i really want to do this but am struggling without a tablet to draw on! i should just buy one... would be good for physics too

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading