RCT Discussion / OpenRCT2 Plug-in Collection

• Liampie%s's Photo
    This is a guide on OpenRCT2 Plug-ins, a new feature that is under development. This guide will be constantly updated to keep up with the developments. Let us know in a comment if there is any information missing, or if you know of a plug-in that is not on the list yet.

What is a plug-in?
    OpenRCT2 has assimilated a lot of former trainer functions and other extras, however what gets included and what doesn't is up to the developers. As of the latest develop these days, OpenRCT2 offers the possibility to add more functions to your game manually, like add-ons. These are called plug-ins, and they are single .JS files that you download and place in the OpenRCT2 folder.

Windows
    %userprofile%\Documents\OpenRCT2\plugin

Mac
    ~/Library/Application Support/OpenRCT2/plugin

How do I add and use plugins?
    1. Find a plugin that you like below, and download it. Currently, plugins are being hosted on GitHub.

Sometimes it may look like this:

Other times this:

It depends on the privacy settings of the page, and whether or not you need the link to download the file. The easiest way is if the creator of the plugin has provided a link to the page with the download.

2. Save the .JS file into the above-mentioned folder. You may create sub-folders for plug-ins if you like. Note: You will need to run the game once after updating to create the plugins folder for the first time.

3. (Re)start the game.

4. Find the plugins as new menu options under the 'map' menu button. Click and hold to reveal the dropdown menu.

____________________________________________________________________________

Featured plugins

Map Object Manipulation
    Creator: SpaceK
    Description: with some minor differences, SpaceK's Map Object Manipulation has been modeled after ye olde 8cars function. By selecting a land type, you can raise, lower or remove everything on the land tiles of that type.
    Download (Last updated: April 27th 2020)

Other plugins

Magic Lift by IntelOrca
    Magic lift offers a service similar to Map Object Manipulation, allowing you to raise/lower all content on a selected land type. Glitchy.
    Download

Small Scenery Counter by Umdlye
    Small Scenery Counter is very useful for counting how many times you've used every small scenery object on your map. If you need to free up object slots, this plugin can help you determine which objects are easily removed. Still in the early stages of development, with primitive interface.
    Download (Last updated April 27th 2020)

To see what other plugins have been proposed or are in development, check OpenRCT's github page. Potential plugins have a 'plugin' tag. Link
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Awesome, thank you for very much for the tutorial, really helpful for trying to pick up the game that is light years from where I left it.

Edit: figured it out
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

I must be missing something. I put 2 JS files in my plugin folder, not seeing them in the Map drop down menu.

• posix%s's Photo

Are you on develop bsg?

• RWE%s's Photo

This thread is going to be very useful in the future. Thank you, Liam!

• Cocoa%s's Photo

can't wait to see what people come up with. a cloning tool seems an obvious choice.

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo

I don't know if this is doable but it would be cool if there were a plugin that let you move objects horizontally around as little or as much as you want. You could move objects within the tiles or have them in multiple tiles. With a plugin like that I can't even imagine what you could do.

• posix%s's Photo
    Ge-Ride, I think I’ve actually seen that in development where someone pushed objects around on the map.
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

Are you on develop bsg?

Thanks posix. I went back and forth between develop and release when this page was opened up, but it wasn't working with either version. But this morning I tried develop and they worked. Thanks

• 6crazy6king6%s's Photo

During R1 of the Grand Tour contest, I found out that there was no remove news items option in OPENRct2. I contacted the user "tombomp" on the official OPENRct2 Discord and he made for me this plug-in. This plug-in is specially made for single player and can be used to remove or add news items (8Cars style).

Click here to download the plug-in.

• SlayMeGaga%s's Photo

I do have a question about OpenRCT. Is there a plug-in that lets you add objects to a saved file?

Would appreciate any help or suggestions. I finally got the game to work on my mac.

• Liampie%s's Photo

What do you mean, add objects to a saved file? Like change the object selection? The object selection window (as you'd usually find it in the scenario editor) should be available in any savegame - under the cheats tab I believe. Otherwise there's still parkdat.

• Levis%s's Photo

I've made a small plugin to raise/lower a complete ride (you can also pick a specific color scheme) like you could in the past with the 8cars trainer.
    If anyone need it you can find it here:
    https://openrct2plug...nRct2RideEditor

or a direct link:

https://github.com/a...nRct2RideEditor

• Levis%s's Photo

I've made another plugin to add/delete park messages. Might be usefull for some people. You can get it here:

https://openrct2plug...kMessageManager

Or a direct link to the repo:

https://github.com/a...kMessageManager

• OddmentsAlchemyLab%s's Photo

Turns out - I'm "some people." It may sound silly, but those messages can stress me out. Thanks. I'm giving it a try.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading