The Grand Tour '20 / The Grand Tour '20 - Round 2

• Liampie%s's Photo

iAMxKZ5.png

He who travels has stories to tell!

Round 2 - Namibia

As we're letting our impressions from Cuba sink in, we embark on a voyage across the Atlantic Ocean. We reach our destination where the ocean turns into an ocean of sand. We have arrived in Namibia! Traversing the harsh environment of the Skeleton Coast, and the endless red dunes of the Kalahari Desert, leaves us exhausted. Fortunately, as a former German colony, Namibia has no lack of beer and bratworst - as well as being in rich in other natural resources. It's a big country. Where shall we go?

Sources: Wikipedia - Google - Instagram - Reddit

Objectives

In addition to the general contest rules, three objectives have been set for this round. The entries will be judged through a public poll, determining the degree to and manner in which you completed the objectives, as well as the overall quality of the submission.

1. Your park must be set in or themed to Namibia.

2. Your park must contain at least one striking landscape feature

3. Your park must contain at least one roller coaster that interacts with the landscape

Submission

Submit your park through a PM with Liampie, posix and CoasterCreator9 as the recipients.

Submissions are due on Sunday September 13th, no later than 23:59 GMT.

Participants

The people on the list below have expressed interest in building an entry for this round. You don't have to sign-up to be able to submit, and being on the list doesn't make it legally binding! It's entirely voluntary. If you're looking to partner up with someone, you can also use this list to see who else is looking for a partner.

The people on the list below have expressed interest in building an entry for this round. You don't have to sign-up to be able to submit, and being on the list doesn't make it legally binding! It's entirely voluntary. If you're looking to partner up with someone, you can also use this list to see who else is looking for a partner.

# Player
    Looking for partner?
    1 inthemanual yes
    2 Scoop yes
    3 Splitvision  
    4 dr dirt  
    5 CoasterCreator9 yes
    6 Coaster-GEOFF yes
    7 Merzbow666 no
    8 Jaguar yes
    9 Xtreme97 yes
    10 RWE yes
    11 Jene yes
    12 hydroportal no
    13 6crazy6king6 no
    14 KaiBueno  
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    Looking for partner
  • nin%s's Photo

Fuck, I would LOVE to do this theme. Unfortunately this month is really tough for me. Maybe next time!

• Scoop%s's Photo

looking for partner

• Splitvision%s's Photo

Can we get SecondRun to participate? First name I thought of after reading "must contain a striking landscape feature"

I'm moving from AZ to CA the coming week and that might eat up too much time to properly participate in this round, though if everything goes smoothly I might be able to put something together. Never really attempted any themes similar to this so would be a fun challenge

• Terry Inferno%s's Photo

I'm building something in Zimbabwe already. They almost share a border. It would just get awkward.

• dr dirt%s's Photo

I'll be building again; and open to a partner

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

I'd be interested in duo'ing.

• FredD%s's Photo

Mmm... too much relying on landscaping which I don't like to do. I'll pass on this round, unless someone wants to duo and take the landscaping part :p 

• Coaster-GEOFF%s's Photo
    Like I said on discord I kinda wanne go solo on this one, but on the other hand, I feel like I'm not ready yet...
    So I guess if someone asks to partner up, I'm Down for that. Seeing some interesting names that are looking to team up, who I'd love to learn from though!
    I'll just let fait deside...
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Although ideally a desert or whatever is as detailed as a thick forest, I think the generally open landscape of Namibia is an opportunity to be able to put a map together in a short amount of time.

• Coaster-GEOFF%s's Photo

looking at some pictures.. now I wanna go on holiday... :( damnit NE!

• Faas%s's Photo

Mmm... too much relying on landscaping which I don't like to do. I'll pass on this round, unless someone wants to duo and take the landscaping part :p

See it as an opportunity to practice landscaping. 
  • Lilith%s's Photo
    no longer looking pardner
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

I'm down, and also looking for a partner.

Don't think I've ever done a desert-setting or african architecture, so this would be fun.

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Tentatively looking for a partner if anyone's interested. Haven't built anything yet and not sure how well I'm suited to the theme but I can give it a go if someone else is good at planning out the main ideas and stuff.
  • RWE%s's Photo

Looking for a partner

• Jene%s's Photo

A little late to the party, but I´m also looking to have a go at this round and looking for someone to partner up with. Haven´t done a duo before, so you´ll have to help me a little with explaining how that part works.

• Milo%s's Photo

I like this round's objective and location.  I'm looking forward to the entries and I hope it can push a lot of people out of their comfort zone.

• 6crazy6king6%s's Photo
    Team hydrokent are gonna submit something again. Good luck everybody.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading