H2H9 / Head-2-Head-9: Rules & Sign-Ups

• Liampie%s's Photo

H2H9 Logo

General Contest Format

H2H is a team contest with six teams of thirteen players, each led by a captain*. The teams make mini park collabos that go head to head in match-ups decided by forum poll voting, with the creators being kept anonymous until the vote has ended. The teams are split into an East and West Division of three teams each. The contest starts with a Round Robin where each team competes against their own division's teams twice, and the other division's teams once. In total this makes seven matches during Round Robin. The two best teams from each division proceed to a four team Play-Offs to fight for the Championship in a knockout format.

*Depending on the amount of sign-ups, the contest can also be reverted to the traditional format: six teams of ten players, no divisions, a Round Robin with five rounds, and the top 4 teams moving into Play-offs. The rules below would see some minor adjustments.

Rules & Regulations

Please note that failure to follow any of the following rules will result in the respective park, player or team being disqualified.

A. Access

1. Sign-up is required to be considered for H2H. Captain sign-ups will last a week from now. Player sign-ups will last 10 days.
    2. Six captains will be chosen by the admins once the captain sign-ups have closed.
    3. The captains will draft their teams of twelve players from the pool of sign-ups, for a total of 6 x 13 = 78 participants.
    4. Sign-ups who are not drafted onto a team will go to the replacements list.
    5. Players may still sign up after the draft, but will go to the replacement list directly.
    6. In case of player dropout, a captain may name a desired replacement, to be picked from the Replacement List. All other captains must then approve of the pick.
    7. At the start of the contest, each team must appoint a vice-captain. The vice-captain will step in when a captain cannot fulfill their role anymore.

B. Player Lineup

1. Every player on a team must be used at least once during the Round Robin.
    2. No park can be built on by more than 3 players in the round robin and the semi-finals.
    3. Final parks cannot be built on by more than 5 players.
    4. No two people can work together on a park twice, except for in the final.
    5. No player can build more than three times, including play-offs.
    6. No more than one solo park per team allowed during the entire contest. Solo means Solo! Solo. Alone. 100% share.
    7. One player per team may be assigned as a "floater", who is exempt of rules B2, B4 and B5. A floater must stem from the last two rounds of the draft.
    8. If a floating player drops out, the floating status can be transferred to either the other eligible floater pick in accordance with rule B7, or to a replacement approved by the other captains.

C. Park Construction

1. Parks built for Round Robin must be between 1600 and 3600 tiles in size. For play-off parks, the map size can go up to 4900 tiles.
    Anything outside a map that plays a visual feature (ie a dragon flying, a train animation created via shoestring) will count towards the 3600/4900 tile limit. Anything outside the limit that isn't visible, and only contributes to something visible inside, will not count.
    2. To be classed as a park creator a player must physically build on the park. Performing small hacks by non-creator team members will be tolerated as long as there's not creative input involved.
    3. Any player may create custom scenery for their team without turning them into a creator. People who are not part of the contest are also allowed to create custom scenery on request, as long as rules C5 and C6 are followed.
    4. Park construction can't begin until after the team draft. Recycling work built before the contest is not allowed.
    5. Parks must be built in secret within the teams. Only the admins are allowed to disclose creators. Any proof of information leaking of any kind will result in a round forfeit.
    6. Parks must be anonymous, meaning you must not identify which players have built the park until the match has been closed. This includes any clever way of putting your name in the park that reveals or hints at you as the creator.

D. Park Submission

1. All parks must be submitted to the admins (posix, Liampie and CoasterCreator9) by website PM Or discord DM before their respective deadline. This is the only instance when the creator's names can and must be revealed, along with the % creator shares.
    2. A 800x600 screen must be submitted alongside the park. This will be used for match presentation.
    3. A forfeit is ruled if no park is submitted and possibly if a park is not submitted on time. Creators that were working on that round do not count towards Rule B1.
    4. All teams receive the chance of a one-time deadline extension of 3 days. The captain of the team has to create a written record dated before the respective deadline in order to make use of this option. This extension use counts for the entire contest, including the Play-Offs.
    5. Only submissions with a timestamp prior to the deadline count. Any submissions after will be disregarded and the team will forfeit the round. In the period leading up to the deadline, multiple submissions are encouraged. One of the available submissions may then be used as a fallback in case something goes wrong last minute with an anticipated "final" version.

E. Voting

1. The parks will be voted. The creators will remain anonymous players until the match has been closed.
    2. All match polls will have a three day limit (72 hours) after they are posted for voting to occur. If the voting is tied after the three day limit, the voting will remain open until a winning vote is received.
    3. In the event of a forfeit or disqualification, the park that was submitted will receive the average relative winning percentage of all winning entries to be used in the event of a tie and the contest statistics. The team forfeit will receive 0% for this round in calculation of their average relative vote percentage.
    4. Players will not be allowed to vote in their own team's matchups. Any such votes will be removed if necessary.
    5. The admin team will not remove votes cast in an unintended manner. For example; accidental null votes or accidental votes for the wrong park. It is the responsibility of the voting member to ensure that their vote is cast as intended. For those who don't know, clicking "View Results (Null Vote)" will result in no choice given. You cannot cast a vote after you've seen the current score.
    6. Anyone who has dropped out of H2H9 will be treated as though they are part of their former team with respect to voting, and will not be eligible to vote in any of their old team's following matches.

F. Play-Offs

1. When the Round Robin has come to an end, all teams will be ranked primarily by their win/loss record, and secondarily by their average relative vote percentage. The top 2 teams from each Division advance to the Play-offs.
    2. The play-offs consist of two Semi-Finals between the first ranked team of each Division against the second ranked team from the other Division.
    3. The winner of each Semi-Final advances to the Grand Final.
    4. The losing teams from the Semi-Final matches have the option of competing in a match for 3rd place.

We have tried to cover all areas of the contest but feel free to ask questions about remaining unclarities.

• Liampie%s's Photo

H2H9 Logo

Sign-Ups

Starting today until Friday March 26th 20:00 GMT, you can sign up for one of the following roles by clearly stating so in a comment in this thread. Sign-ups on Discord are not accepted. Please also indicate what game you are able and willing to play, and optionally how active you expect to be during the coming months and other relevant comments. Consider using the following format:

Role: [player/captain]

Games: [OpenRCT2/LL]

Availability: [limitations]

Following Tuesday March 23rd 23:59 GMT, we will announce the Team Captains and the time and date of the Team Draft. After this announcement up until the Team Draft, it is still possible to sign up as a player. All sign ups after the Team Draft will go on the Replacement List.

-----------------------------

Before you sign up, there are a few things we want you to think about.

H2H is a contest that comes with Rules & Regulations that are strictly enforced. By signing up, you state that you've read and agreed to these rules.The community's desire for fair play is at its maximum during H2H. Breaking or bending the rules or otherwise acting against the spirit of the contest and sportsmanship, will negatively affect your team members as well as the community as a whole.

H2H is also a contest with strict deadlines, meaning you will have to deliver your park by a certain date. If you fail to do so, your team will have to forfeit the round and lose. More than being available, communication about when you're available can avoid such disappointments.

In short, fair play, sportsmanship, communication, coordination and setting realistic expectations is key to a good experience for all.

-----------------------------

SIGNED UP PLAYERS

Version1

Xtreme97
    C
    FredD

RobDedede
    C
    RWE

AvanineCommuter
    C
    Scoop

CoasterCreator9

Jappy
    C
    dr dirt

kenos

Lotte
    C
    Liampie

MK98

Bubbsy41

trav

Jene
    C
    Steve

hydroportal

René

Dark_Horse

Loderall

AJ-

Coaster-GEOFF

Merzbow

Six Frags

bigshootergill

Recurious
    C
    In:Cities

Splitvision

Camcorder22

hoobaroo

Ottersalad

Terry Inferno

KaiBueno

Mr.Brightside711

cocoa

Poke

SWAGTITTIES
    C
    Kumba

DreamMachine

Maverix

Jaguar

Jens J.

mamarillas

RaunchyRussell

ultro

BelgianGuy

barnNID

Suormot
    C
    inthemanual

Left_Handed_Coffee_Mug

Gustav Goblin

WhosLeon

alex

Zarathustra

SSSammy

Ziscor

Iretont

FK+Coastermind

IonZer0

SuicideCarz
    C
    Tolsimir

nin

Louis!

spacek531

zxbiohazardzx

Sulakke

coasterbill

disneylandian192

soap and butter sandwich

Risiko

wheres_walto

Thethrillman

StormRunnerFan

sheeple

Marino

PhoenixWing101

SensualEthiopianPolice

Shen Kitchen

CorkyTheCactus

][ntamin22

RCTFAN

MCI

Mulder

Rob Tonto

Paeve

Robbie92

lightkeeper

G Force

CHE

Psi

Pacificoaster

CedarPoint6

Roomie

Coupon

saxman1089

Fisch

Sophocles
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Replacement List

The following players have either not been drafted, or signed up after sign-ups had closed. In case of a player dropout, captains may pick up a player from here, in accordance with rule A6 above.

Lotte
    Dark_Horse
    Loderall
    KaiBueno
    DreamMachine
    Left_Handed_Coffee_Mug
    Gustav Goblin
    IonZer0
    soap and butter sandwich
    Risiko
    Thethrillman
    sheeple
    CorkyTheCactus
    Marino
    SensualEthiopianPolice
    CorkyTheCactus
    MCI
    Rob Tonto
    Paeve
    lightkeeper
    Psi
    djbrcace1234
    Otsdarva
    A n d r e w
    2021-04-21 Otsdarva, SensualEthiopianPolice and IonZer0 have been chosen as replacements for SWAGTITTIES, Version1 and Poke respectively. 2021-05-30 A n d r e w has been chosen as a replacement for RCTFAN. 2021-06-26 Lotte has been chosen as a replacement for disneylandian192.
  • Version1%s's Photo

FUCK IT, EYES CLOSED, HEAD FIRST I'M IN

Disclaimer: This is a sign up.

Role: Player
    Games: OpenRCT2
    Availability: Always there
    Goals: I think I have reached a point in my NE career in which I am primarily looking for improvement in my future. With Heckengäu I already achieved what I can without a conscious effort to improve, so it's time to buckle down and really try for a change. I will work hard and try not to get caught up too much with the bullshit surrounding H2H.
    Misc: Current screens are available for the captains on request (dont want to show it to the entirety of NE)

• Xtreme97%s's Photo

Games: OpenRCT2, LL, WW/TT

• FredD%s's Photo

Role: captain

Games: (open)rct2, WW & TT

Availability: 10-18 th July Finland trip planned, 30/8-5/9 Poland trip planned. Other than that, covid says I'm free.

I can make some basic objects with objectmaker, still in learning phase. I can run a multiplayer server but only when I'm at home. Can't let it run when I'm at work or away but at least I can set one up so we can multiplay during those hours.
  • RobDedede%s's Photo

Games: OpenRCT2, WW/TT

Availability: Available to build almost every night, likely will be out of town the week of April 17th-24th. Also likely will be out of town for at least one week in July, maybe two, but for that trip I will be able to build during the evenings.

Goals:

-To avoid any and all drama

-To have fun building some cool parks (I'm open to fantasy stuff)

-To simply be a part of the action!

Thanks all!

• RWE%s's Photo
    Role: player/captain
    Games: OpenRCT2, WW/TT, and LL (but in LL you probably dont want me in a leading role)
    Availability: Last week i just submitted my bachelor thesis and wont have any university duty until october. This means this contest came with perfect timing for me, i'll be able to contribute a lot. Have no trips or anything planned due to a specific global pandemic situation...

EDIT: Goals: I just wanna do all i can to make this contest fair and sportsmanlike for everybody. Im reliable and can do a lot of work for that if you want to. The last H2H wasnt a good experience for many of us and its definitely time for us to step up and change that, which also is why im again volunteering for captaining. If you want a team that just does some cool RCT and definitely follows the rules - both written down and common sense -, i might be your choice for that. RCTwise i also have 1-2 ideas lying around i would tackle one day that differ from the stuff im used to build, but also play into my strenghts of doing good architecture and atmosphere. Definitely no Meme park this time. I think with 2 H2H experienced in different positions and having been here for what feels very short but is actually a fairly long time i am more than ready for performing well in this contest.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Game: Open RCT
    Availability: No trips planned during H2H period but will fluctuate depending on work.

Goals: I want to work with other similar-minded players looking to create immersive, atmospheric, concept-forward worlds with unique concepts. Most excited about world building fantasy / semi-realism concepts and pushing the limits of fantasy in ORCT while still maintaining an eye towards aesthetics.

Strengths: Strong concepts and vision, lots of ideas during brainstorming, atmospheric architecture, unique map compositions and layouts. Team player, frequent feedback and support for others. Collaborative builder, always open to suggestions and alternatives during building process.

Weakness: Terrible at hacks, no shoestringing knowledge, time constraint is always a threat. I am a slow builder and would be best placed in later rounds, and work best when in collaborative situations with a reliable partner. Would benefit from a Captain that can help ground the vision so we don’t bite off more than we can chew.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Player/ captain for me please! So hyped for this!

Games: LL, RCT2, WW/TT

Availability: All in all the time.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Games: All

Availability: I'll have board exams in June, so most of May will be dedicated to studying. That won't be 24/7, though. I start rotations after that, but my availability will be a bit more open during that period.

Goals: Flexible.

Can host multiplayer parks; several at once on a dedicated 24/7 server computer.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Role: player

Games: LL, RCT2, WW/TT

Availability: seeing how I'm between jobs, I have plenty of time. Can change when I find a new job though.

• dr dirt%s's Photo
    Role: Player/captain
    Games: OpenRCT, LL
    Availability: only somewhat limited in June when I’ll be on academic medicine which has long hours.
  • kenos%s's Photo

Role: player (german Player)

Games: OpenRCT2/RCTLL/RCT1 and 2 orginal ( have every version vanilla and the rest installed)

Availability: working from mo-fr from 7 to 17 o clock

most of the time rather in the evening during the week or on weekends thanks to corona nothing really planned in terms of traveling

• Lotte%s's Photo

role: player

games: RCT2, WW/TT

Availability: working a 9-5 job april until august. somewhat realistic chance I'm doing an internship taking up 60 hours per week starting in september, so I'd only be available on weekends rea. I still kind of have to see how starting my first job is going to be.

goals: I want to have a fun time and contribute to at least one cool park I can be proud of. I'm down to do more after that for sure, maybe 1-2 more but I want to be flexible on that, I don't want to make any promises.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'm signing up as a captain.

excel2013starting.png

• ottersalad%s's Photo

Games: OpenRCT2

Availability: work full time and am training for a marathon on April 25th. After that I'll be more free! 

• MK98%s's Photo

Games: Openrct2, WW/TT, Object Making
    Availability: Not limited. Eventhough I may seem inactive in the bigger communities, I'm spending a lot of time in rct. I've always been more active in a smaller discord. July/august will be holiday season and I'm a nerd who doesn't like to go outside. Other than that I also have plenty of time since I don't have a fulltime job.
    Goals:
    Well I'm pretty hyped for this. I really want to do better than H2H8 share-wise. I want to be more productive and help bringing up the best out of the team. Meanwhile I think I'm also a good person to keep a chill atmosphere and bring in some humor and relativation. Due to my availability I would also make a good floater if I were a late pick.
    I love following the building process of the parks. I think I can give good advice and help with bringing up ideas and making objects. Actually I have a list of park-ideas that might be usefull. Would be cool if I could push one of these ideas through. Other than that I have the following two goals:
    - Having at least a big share (30% or more) on a single park (anything more and on other parks would be fantastic)
    - Releasing some object breakthroughs (like custom doors and darkride effects)

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

role: Player

games: RCT2, NCSO

Availability: Pretty free until may. I will be interning full time may-august, but I should still have a decent amount of time. I'll be good for like 80-120%.

Goals: Looking to build some cool parks with cool people. Something that doesn't rely on IPs preferably. 

• trav%s's Photo

Games: All of them

Availability: Probably not a huge amount of time. Only likely to make a significant contribution to 1 park.

If any captains wanna see some more of my recent stuff, let me know on Discord.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading