H2H9 / H2H9 Round 1 Predictions

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    We’re 2 weeks away from R1. Place your predictions below!

I predict the following matchups:

Logan’s Run vs. Scream Queens

I think Xtreme will lead an atmospheric first park vs. a Dr. Dirt led first park with a crazy concept. Prediction: Scream Queens will win.

Manual Laborers vs. Cereal Killers

I think this will be a Nin-led semi realism vs. Liam-led semi realism situation. Prediction: ML will eek out a win.

Tile Inspectors vs. Adventurer’s Club

I think we will be heading into a matchup against a Hydroportal realism solo park. Prediction: OFC we will win :p
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    lol
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Dr. Dirt led first park with a crazy concept

I think that's a reasonable chance, but its more likely big Dirt parks are coming later in RR.  I'm thinking maybe a Terry & Jappy park first round?

lol

Did I hit it right on the nose?
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

Did I hit it right on the nose?

Prediction: OFC we will win >>> This part was right on the nose! :p

• FredD%s's Photo

557fks.jpg

• Liampie%s's Photo

I haven't the slightest idea what's going to happen.

• nin%s's Photo

I haven't the slightest idea what's going to happen.

ditto. 
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo
    I predict it will be an amazing first round!
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo

Last season the results of R1 were pretty much predictive of the entire H2H season:
    Spacecrab - commanding R1 win, championship winners

Heaven's Gallery - 70% R1 win, 2nd place overall 

Strangelove - Close-ish R1 win 3rd place overall

Replacements - Close-ish R1 loss, 4th place overall

Ultrarealistits - 30% R1 loss, 5th place overall

Icons - crushing R1 loss, 6th place overall 

Although its just one of 7 rounds, R1 seems to be extremely important for creating a narrative and building up team morale, and it seems like traditionally teams lead with their most reliable and fast builder.  

Scream Queens vs Logan's Run - I would definitely place my bets on Xtreme leading a park.  Although I would expect to see the return of Xtreme + Steve pairing at some point, I highly doubt Steve would want to build in R1.  Prediction: Scream Queens with a commanding win ;)

Manual Labors vs Cereal Killers - nin seems like a safe bet to lead in R1, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Cocoa either given how fast he builds.  Unless he's really trying to shake things up I expect Liam would choose to lead R1 again, but FK has been very active too and might as well.  Given Liam's R1 history I'd favor Cereal Killers for the win but it could go either way.  

Tile Inspectors vs Adventurer's Club - This looks like the surest bet for a fantasy vs realism match.  There's no clear fast builders on Tile Inspector's, I could expect to see either Tolsimir lead or maybe Leon.  Hydroportal seems like the obvious R1 choice for Adventurer's given his activity and speed.  Prediction: Adventurer's gets higher panel score, but Tile Inspectors win.  

• In:Cities%s's Photo

predictions and speculation is always fun.

Scream Queens vs Logan's Run

BelgianGuy and dr dirt build a dinosaur kingdom with massive coasters and insane landscaping by the dr.

Bubbsy/cp6/Maverix build a classy coaster/hacked flat ride monstrosity of a map with intricate world theming.

ends up being a coaster battle. Scream Queens have the wow factor, but Steve's squad pulls together a beautiful, well-rounded map and snag a narrow win.

Manual Laborers vs Cereal Killers

cocoa, Jag, and itm build something weird af

FK, mamarillas, splitvision build something weird af

Fantasy vs fantasy. Man Lab makes some innovative, game-changing things, but the Cereal Killers make something outright fanTasty and pull off a win.

Tile Inspectors vs Adventurers Club

Tolsimir, AVC, and bigshootergill make a wild fantasy/landscape map with aliens and waterfalls and tall buildings.

Scoop builds a 1:1 scale Dominos Pizza map. Ends up becoming successful franchisee and leaves H2H at the peak of his career to pursue his dreams.

Adventurers still win

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Scream Queens vs Logan's Run

dr dirt, alex, and Jappy build an immersive theme park (themed to an ancient civilization) with great infrastructure.

Xtreme97, Zara, and Jene build a park with a very bright and exuberant color palette.

> Scream Queens win

Manual Laborers vs Cereal Killers

To show the new direction of his captaincy Liam will not build on their R1 park. SRF, RWE, Geoff, and Bill all build 25% of a realistic park.

nin, pac, dl192 build a park in the style of a disney park but with a fictional corporation behind it

> Manual Laborers win

Tile Inspectors vs Adventurers Club

Fisch, Sulakke, and Kumba build a park themed to celtic legends

Hydro and Russell build a realistic park that features a Louis layout supported by V1.

> Tile inspectors win

• Liampie%s's Photo

Fisch, Sulakke, and Kumba build a park themed to celtic legends

I can see this happening, and I would like this to happen.

• Fisch%s's Photo

Fisch, Sulakke, and Kumba build a park themed to celtic legends

That's actually quite a nice idea!

• chorkiel%s's Photo

That's actually quite a nice idea!

Feel free to use it, although it may be a bit suspicious.

• Fisch%s's Photo

Logan’s Run vs. Scream Queens

I too expect an Xtreme led park vs some Dirt magic. I think despite the Queens' park looking fantastic, Xtreme will start his H2H off with a bang and will beat the reigning H2H MVP.

Manual Laborers vs. Cereal Killers

I think Pac and Disneylandian will beat a Liam fantasy park with something realistic. Liam, being as experienced in H2H as he is, will only come out of this stronger though and will not look back after a R1 defeat. Cereal Killers are nailed on to make the semis.

Tile Inspectors vs. Adventurer’s Club

Hydro is the obvious choice here against an unfinished attempt at Stone Age Winkelheim. Adventurers Club wins.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Logan's Run: trav, Six Frags and kenos, three builders who can churn out a park for R1, with a mostly realistic but not recreated Disney park

Scream Queens: Jappy and Recurious with a fantasy park. Not steampunk, but something like that. There's probably a train.

Winner: Logan's Run

Manual Laborers: nin and part of the ncso squad are eager to beat my team with an ncso park. Nin+Pac combo is saved for the play-offs.

Cereal Killers: me, FK and G Force with an unfinished park that's part Cedar Fair and part an abstract take on the eternity of the human soul and other metaphysical questions

Winner: Cereal Killers

Tile Inspectors: either Tolsimir or Leon leads. In the first case: mindfuckery. In the second case: smooth atmospheric shit.

Adventurers Club: Josh leads the way for his relatively inexperienced team, showing them how to finish a park. ][ with him to reprise the Domovina combo. Theme: another place where Josh's boat once docked. There'll be a dog.

Winner: Tile Inspectors

• Scoop%s's Photo

everyone forfeits

• dr dirt%s's Photo

Manual Laborers, Tile Inspectors, Scream Queens

Looks like Camcorder is the only one to correctly guess the correct winning teams for R1! Prepare for R2...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading