H2H9 / H2H9: Round Robin - R2 Wrap-up

What is your favourite park from this round?

What was your favourite match-up from this round?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Round 2 Wrap-up

Below, you will find the standings for H2H9 so far. The top two teams from each division will proceed to the semi-finals. Ranking is determined by the number of wins first, with the average percentage of votes as a tie-breaker.

In the second round, the Cereal Killers received their first one. They are not only leading the table in the East Division, they also top the virtual overall leaderboard! Looking at the average scores, Logan's Run has done some good business in the second round. Thanks to their convincing (first) win over the Tile Inspectors, they possess the best average as of now. In the West Division, the Adventurers currently lead, with the same amount of wins and losses as the Tile Inspectors, but with a significantly higher average score. The Manual laborers are ranked last, being the only team without a win. It's way too early in the season to be worried, but surely the team must be getting hungry.

East Division

Wins Losses Average score

Cereal Killers

2 0 56.69%

Logan's Run

1 1 63.68%
    Scream Queens

45.13%

West Division

Wins Losses Average score

Adventurers Club

1 1 56.16%

Tile Inspectors

1 1 35.74%
    Manual Laborers

2 42.95%

Round 3 Preview

May 23rd 12:00 GMT (Countdown)

In Round 3, the Cereal Killers will defend their top spot against the numer two, Logan's Run, in Match 1. In Match 2, the win-less Manual Laborers are looking to beat the Tile Inspectors, who can easily sink to the bottom of the table if they don't manage to repair their poor average score. Lastly, in Match 3, the Adventurers Club will face the Scream Queens. Both teams with 1 win and 1 loss, but one is ranked first in their respective division, while the other is last...

Match 1

vs

Match 2

vs

Match 3

vs

• Liampie%s's Photo

My favourites in this round:

1. El Dorado

2. The Seven Liberal Arts

3. Nippon

4. Pirates!

5. A Day at the Races

6. Esoterra

I think we got lucky again, and we would've been destroyed by most of the other parks. That's not to say Esoterra is weak at all, just not as rich in mindblowing content as the other four. The bar has just been raised ridiculously high...Not sure we can maintain our current record with these ridiculous high standards. We gotta step the fuck up :lol:

• RWE%s's Photo

Great round again, the quality this H2H is really amazing, very hard to pick between all these, its definitely a lot more about picking the least best than the worst....

1. Nippon

2. El Dorado

3. The Good Death

4. Acqua Alta

5. Drowned

6. Seven Liberal Arts

7. Tomatina

8. Gauntlegrym

9. Lost World

10. A Day at the Races

11. Pirates!

12. Esoterra

• Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo

I promise no bias here but...

---love these:

1. Nippon

2. Lost World

3. Acqua Alta

---liked these alot:

4. Pirates

5. El Dorado

6. Good Death

7. Drowned

--- not my taste:

8. Races

9. 7 Arts

10. Gauntle

11. Tomato

12. Esoterra

• In:Cities%s's Photo

Excluding my team's parks because it would be unfair to have a tie for 1st place

1 - Esoterra

2 - Nipp BBall

3 - Acquafina

4 - Pirates

5 - 7 Arts

6 - Good Death

7 - Drowned

8 - Tomato

9 - Glomplglen

10 - Airplanes

i hate ranking parks sometimes - as the "bottom ranked" parks are still insanely good and appealing to me

• Recurious%s's Photo

1. El Dorado

2. Acqua Alta

3. Lost World

4. 7 Arts

5. Pirates!

6. Nippon

7. Gauntlegrym

8. The Good Death

9. Tomatina

10. Races

Races is low on the list only because I feel like from a technical perspective it was not as impressive as other parks, however I did think this park had one of the higher "fun factors" of all the parks we have seen so far, which I think also contributed to it winning its match up. Overall I am really impressed and a little bit intimidated by the overall quality of this H2H so far and all parks are very close for me. I am looking forward to what y'all come up with in the next couple rounds!

• hoobaroo%s's Photo

1. Esoterra

2. Acqua Alta

3. Lost World

4. 7 Arts

5. Pirates

6. Nippon

7. Drowned

8. El Dorado

9. Tomatina

10. Day at the Races

11.Gauntlegrym

12. Good Death

i like them all

• chorkiel%s's Photo

1. Arts!

2. Gold!

3. Pirates!

4. Baseball!

5. Tarots!

6. Races!

• Fisch%s's Photo

1. Acqua Alta / Lost World

3. Nippon 

4. 7 Liberal Arts / El Dorado

6. Drowned / Pirates! / The Good Death

9. La Tomatina

10. Gauntlegrym

11. Day at the Races / Esoterra

• Cocoa%s's Photo

1. pirates (I know, lame, but i genuinely think its so good)

2. nippon

3. esoterra

4. el dad

5. liberal arts

6. day at the race

I think i'll refrain from a full h2h list. no one wants to see their park at the bottom of those...

• ottersalad%s's Photo

1a. Nippon

1b. Pirates (tie)

3. El Dorado

4. Day at the Races

5. Esoterra

6. Liberal Arts

• Scoop%s's Photo

1. Lost World

2. Nippon

3.El Dorado :p

4. Acqua Alta

5. Pirates!

6. La Tomatina

7. Liberal Arts

8. The Good Death

9. Drowned

10. Day at the Races

11.Gauntlegrym

12. Esoterra

Also.... How you gonna do that to a teammate hoobs :p lol

• hoobaroo%s's Photo

i'm unhinged 

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    1. Nippon
    2. Pirates
    3. Liberal Arts
    4. El dorado
    5. Esoterra
    6. Day at the races
  • G Force%s's Photo

1. Lost World

2. Pirates!

3. Nippon

4. Dorado

5. Good Death

6. Acqua

7. Tomato

8. Drowned

9. Arts

10. Races

11. Gautlegrym

12. Esoterra

Lost World and Pirates are the clear class of the contest so far for me.  Big gap after that down to Nippon and El Dorado.

• FredD%s's Photo

1 Acqua Alta – Tile Inspectors

2 Lost World – Adventurers Club

3 El Dorado – Adventurers Club

4 Pirates! – Manual Laborers

5 A day at the races – Cereal Killers

6 Nippon park – Logans Run

7 The Good Death – Logans Run

8 Gauntlegrym – Manual Laborers

9 Drowned – Scream Queens

10 Seven liberal arts – Tile Inspectors

11 La Tomatina – Cereal Killers

12 Esoterra – Scream Queens

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

I'm less interested in ranking the parks and more interested in matchups and how the contest format has already skewed the outcome.

The "Fantasy matchups" thread is very revealing and highlights how much luck of the draw plays into a teams' record; Cereal Killers are at the top of the charts with two parks that would have lost to any other opponent than the parks they faced.  

You could say that a half-dozen H2Hs has given Liam a preternatural gift for predicting matchups, but I think it would be a stretch to say he's so good he could pull a win out of a park that loses 4/5 matchups twice in a row.  I guess the moral is you either have to build every round like it's going to be up against a 90% scoring entry or you accept a diceroll with your %75 builders. Liam has won both of his dicerolls and I don't think even the extended season is enough to offset that luck; Breakfast Soup is almost assuredly through to finals with two awesome parks that are nonetheless in the bottom of all possible matchups.

In fact, Soggy Wheatloops is the worst-scoring team by panel score total;

142 (spoon slurpers)

147 (manlab)

148 (screm)

---

161.5 (tile)

164 (doggo)

166 (florida man)

and they're in the lead?

Now - I don't want anyone to misconstrue this as me being salty about the results, it's just the way the format shakes out.  Maybe we should reconsider the system if that feels weird.  It does make me see the results as less definitive and want to focus more on making cool parks than making winning parks, since you might just be boned either way.

• G Force%s's Photo

Moneyball

• saxman1089%s's Photo
    ][ntamin22' timestamp='1621533892' post='774018']

I'm less interested in ranking the parks and more interested in matchups and how the contest format has already skewed the outcome....

Doesn't the format and schedule always have the potential to skew the outcome in some way? For example, last season the Spacecrabs rode into the finals based on wins in two parks that had huge vote shares because the parks we happened to oppose those weeks were weaker. If it wasn't for the large vote shares in those parks, we might not have made the playoffs. Imagine if Dig Site was up against Tubaio instead? or Haystack was up against Frontierland or PDHK? All of those matchups could've happened given the rounds the parks went in, and I'd argue the votes would've been much closer in any of those.

• Liampie%s's Photo

[ntamin22' timestamp='1621533892' post='774018']It does make me see the results as less definitive and want to focus more on making cool parks than making winning parks, since you might just be boned either way.

This is a desirable outcome in my eyes.

I think the format is good - probably better than it was. Seven round instead of five decreases the role of chance, although there will always be some chance involved - in any type of competition. That said, maybe we've faced some of the less strong parks this season because the captains are counting on a loss to begin with. Nothing to gain against the Cereal Killers. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading