NE 20th Anniversary / 20th Anniversary Awards - Best Design

• Xtreme97%s's Photo

20th Anniversary Awards

Another 10 years of New Element, and the breadth of work to have graced the site in that time has been extraordinary to say the least. As we collectively look back on the last decade of releases, from Spotlights to Designs, fierce competitions to multiplayer maps, the reminiscing would be incomplete without an opportunity to award our best and brightest works. The 20th Anniversary Decade Awards will be honouring these achievements with six categories covering the following aspects of the game.

Best Design Best RCTLL Player
    Best RCT2 Player

Best Small Park Best RCTLL Park
    Best RCT2 Park

There will be a nomination poll for the Design, Small Park, RCT2 Park and RCT2 Player categories in order to allow the full slate of nominees a chance to be included in the final poll alongside selections by the admin team. Best of luck to the nominees, we can't wait to see which parks and players will be crowned champions of the decade.

> Vote Here <

One of the cornerstones of the community is the Design Accolade, intended to award maps with a singular main attraction that score above 65% from the Accolade Panel. Some of NE's most iconic and game-changing designs include the previous 10th Anniversary Awards winners Kumba by Kumba and Tempest by Milo, as well as Fenrir by Steve and El Encierro by geewhzz and disneylhand. This decade has seen an equally impressive slew of Designs that have exemplified the qualities of New Element and continued to advance the game.

The nomination form for Best Design is now open closed. The final poll has been linked above.

> Nomination Form <

By ranking the designs by Panelist Score, the first six designs below were automatically taken into consideration for the Best Design of the decade award.

Nominees:

# Design
    1 Cedar Point's Raptor by geewhzz and wheres_walto
    2 Ninja by geewhzz and nin
    3 Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril by Airtime
    4 Musket by Kumba
    5 Thunderclap by disneylhand
    6 Goliath by Louis!
    7 Ruishi by Pacificoaster
    8 The Junkyard by alex and Louis!
    9 Fujin by WhosLeon
    9 Lemuria by Steve, Xtreme97 and SSSammy
    11 De Vliegende Hollander/Python by Liampie
    11 Scream by Louis!
    13 B I T M A P by In:Cities and Robbie92
    13 Extinction by Stoksy
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I find this category quite interesting, it's typically not a genre with many real standouts like the way it is with parks. You can already tell by the fact that barely any design ever breaks 85%. There are no BGAs, Starpointes or RoBs here.

That said I hope more people take the time (wow, one minute!) to fill out the form so that we can more reliably determine the best designs of the decade.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Awards voting is such a fun way to make me look back at parks :)

A wildcard option would've been great. Then I could've voted for Timmy's Muffin Mountain. A landmark design!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading