Custom Scenery Exchange / Custom Scenery Request: Steep Catwalks

• AntonStengel%s's Photo

Currently, our community has done a great job creating many different custom support and catwalk items. Unfortunately, we do not currently have a catwalk that is usable with steep (45 degree) chainlifts.

Attached File  steep catwalk.png (90.08KB)
    downloads: 21

So I'm just throwing out this request in case someone with more custom scenery skills than me takes an interest. It would be wonderful if someone made a 45 degree catwalk.

This seems especially useful with the recent releases of the single rail coaster, which looks particularly silly with the usual workaround (using steep wooden coaster track as a catwalk.)

• G Force%s's Photo
    I'm pretty positive these have already been made. Can't remember the names of them but maybe they're in the most recent, Xtreme 2021 bench?
  • AntonStengel%s's Photo

I'm pretty positive these have already been made. Can't remember the names of them but maybe they're in the most recent, Xtreme 2021 bench?
    I have the "Xtreme97 - Supports 2021" scenery group downloaded/selected. It includes the "Xtreme 97 - 1/4 Catwalk Colourable Steep Right/Left" (pictured in OP)... it is steeper than the normal catwalks but still not quite 45 degrees.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo

Download the full workbench here: https://www.nedesign...workbench-2021/

It includes the pieces that are as steep as the track in your screen.

• AntonStengel%s's Photo

Download the full workbench here: https://www.nedesign...workbench-2021/

It includes the pieces that are as steep as the track in your screen.

Oh awesome, thank you! I had asked this on the Discord and was told they didn't exist yet, but I'm seeing the Ultra-Steep catwalk now. Long live the forums!

One question: When I select the scenery groups, I get the error message: "Data for the following object not found: Not all objects in this scenery group could be selected."

Along those lines, it's showing the left-side ultra-steep catwalk, but not a ride-side version. Is it correct that a right-side version doesn't exist?

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Both should exist. Once you've downloaded the workbench it should include individual maps containing the full set for each tab. If you open those maps it'll install all of the objects for that tab so you won't be missing any.
  • AntonStengel%s's Photo

Perfect,

Both should exist. Once you've downloaded the workbench it should include individual maps containing the full set for each tab. If you open those maps it'll install all of the objects for that tab so you won't be missing any.
    Perfect, that got it fixed! Thank you!

(And nice job on the catwalk! Very useful piece!)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading