(Archive) Advertising District / Six Flags Majestic Lake

• djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    Greensboro, North Carolina.

This park has a small bit of history, but I'm afraid it has been lost since the recent takeover of Six Flags Incorporated. But, I shall tell the tale of the beginning:

The year is 1979, and one man had an envision; A theme park. After recent visits to numerous Amusement parks, this man converted his 150 acre land into a future investment. Although a quaint idea, it succeeded, for awhile that is. The park started off with several carnival style attractions. Perfect for a local park to support a local town that is no more than 20 minutes away from Raleigh. However, the demise of this park was soon to follow. The first wooden coaster was in constant, dire need of attention, and this man had no extra revenue to do such repairs, and this is where the demise began. By 1991, the park was put on sale, and boy did SFI grab this land like it was on fire. This investment forever changed the atmosphere of the land.

Now, Shall we take a quick look at the park now?
    Welcome my firends to Six Flags Majestic lake.
    Posted Image
    The Orignal plaza however is still in good shape:
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    (Ignore BM track as that will change) The arrow, Diablo has a Drachen Fire Esque expierence in it's short layout:
    Posted Image

That's all for now. :)
  • yocoaster%s's Photo
    i can say one thing...your architecture is a helluva lot better than mine! :lol:

But forreal, the path is kinda wide.....and about the first screen....the plaza definitely needs more of a plaza.

Other than that it's not too shabby!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    In the first screen you have a massive building that has only 1level of a facade, try stagering some floors in certain spaces so it looks more varied, also some overhangs and bigger awnings wouldn't hurt the look of it, try also to have a little more colour variation in your architecture, it'll do this project wonders.

Try also to make your paths less dull, have a big planter, add some seating areas, and stuff like that.
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    Yocoaster: Thanks! :p

This plaza is more of just a grand open area, sort of like the main street for the entire park, if you will. I was trying to take a common practice in the late 70's with parks devolving big, open, entrances, much like this one.

BelgianGuy: Thank you for the advice. Should I just start over and make small buildings like I did in the other screen, or do you think adding on would look better?

The seating idea is not a bad Idea, though, but my Spanish themed area holds the majority of the sit down restaurants in the park.

Planters I do think will work as well, so thanks again. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now that I got replies out of the way, I want to talk about the future of this park:
    The Park is currently at about 75-80 percent, depending on how much I want to reconstruct. The map is currently sitting on a 256*256. Coaster wise, it has 12 at the moment with no other intentions of adding more. The last two things for this project are a working water park, and a nice hotel to accommodate the stay. More screens to come later, guys. Been having issues with my 8 cars, plus I'm taking 18 units this semester.

Edit: Might as well post an overview map:
    Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Overview looks impressive :)
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    maybe try to redo the buildings as a whole and use more individual buildings instead of the entire row being one buildings, as I've said before use variation in heights, use awnings to give depth and use clever details to make it look real...

Also, not every wall needs to have a window,
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo

maybe try to redo the buildings as a whole and use more individual buildings instead of the entire row being one buildings, as I've said before use variation in heights, use awnings to give depth and use clever details to make it look real...

Also, not every wall needs to have a window,

One part of the building has to remain though, as it holds a little dark ride.
    I'll still see what I can do, though. :)
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    Starting to put more attention to the Working water park, so to start off, I have a picture of the wave pool:

Posted Image

I'm still working on increasing the capcity as only 12 swimmers are allowed in the pool area.

I have two workings slides as well done, but they are under a complete makeover currently.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Put 2 more stations make it invisible.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Right now, everything is just meh imo. There is a lot of potential here tho. Keep it up, I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    Dotrobot: I'm working on adding more Boat hires in that area to increase the capcity

tdub96: I know it's not the best. I started this park back in late 2009, long before I found this site, so my range of custom scenery is not all that great. Rightnow I'm trying to ParkDat this park for a fourth time to put in more useful objects.
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    Raging Bull Makes a stampeding entrance into Majestic lake:

Posted Image
  • yocoaster%s's Photo
    I'm lovin the Rita-ish ride! supporting and realism on point!

I also lyk how u made the coaster interact with the queue area.

i would add catwalks to the launch area but other than that, thumbs up!
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo

i would add catwalks to the launch area but other than that, thumbs up!

I already have taken care of that because I realized I missed that. :)
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    BTW check your email
    yocoaster

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading