News / 4 SPOTLIGHTS! And The Awards Results!

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Well the NE Awards show came and went with a pretty good showing of about 25 people. The big winners were Xcoaster taking home Parkmaker of the Year, Emergo winning H2H4 MVP, IC and BGSS both winning Best park of 2006, RCTFan becoming an NE Parkmaker, and X250's "The Masterpiece" being bumped up to an NE spotlight. The full resultes can be viewed here and a full chatlog of the awards can be view here.

Oh yeah and there are 4 parks on the spotlight page that were not there yesterday. These 4 parks have all been elevated to spotlight thanx to winning an award, like Best Runner-Up (MP, BP and DMA) and in the case of Age of Empire for winning the NE Invitational. Here they are:

Posted Image

X250 has been a force in RCT2 for a little more then a year now with amazing parks like this one and The Time Machine from the PT2 that napped him an NE Parkmaker spot. Can it really come as much of a surprise that the people have come to decide that he now needs a spotlight? Today Simon Pope captures the 6th ever Elevated NE Spotlight after a narrow defeat over Metropole's Tussaud's Boscastle Heights at the 2006 NE Awards with his Masterpiece, The Masterpiece.

Posted Image

Okay, Kumba has officially gone insane with power and made his old Super Runner-Up park into an NE Spotlight, let the boycott, rioting anarchy begin we must reject this! *Runs around naked strapped with bomb!* ...Well not exactly, Corkscrewed said it was alright to upgrade BP on the grounds that it did win Runner-Up of the year in 2005, so feel free to blame Cork, or yeah maybe me for not stopping him from making Bayfront Parc into an NE Spotlight.

Posted Image

This should have been a spotlight... and now it is. The people of NE have spoken and Now, (Only 3 years later...) aero has his Third NE Spotlight with what might be his best park ever. Not many other parks have recreated the Disney atmopshere anywhere near as well as aero21 manages to in Disneyland Mid-America, an incredible double map resort, featuring a classic Magic Kingdom style map, along with the recently popular DisneySea style map Imagi-Nation.

Posted Image

You may be wondering why this park is now an NE Spotlight? Well the deal with NE Invitational was that when the parks were turned in they would all face off in a public vote, winner gets bumped to a spotlight. Well, it's better late then never! Back when this park was released people were wondering how someone wins Parkmaker of the Year when they haven't ever released a park at New Element? A Good question, and one that should be directed towards mantis...up until Age of Empires.

So there you have it, new awards and sorta new spotlights, enjoy! Posted Image

Kumba
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I think I'd better be going back and looking at the Masterpiece and Disneys Mid-America, since I apparently don't remember much from those two. Honestly I still think Bayfront is too hit-or-miss in terms of area quality. Age of Empires I always sorta thought of as a spotlight anyway since it's such an amazing park.

Ride6
  • Carl%s's Photo
    So this was the "big announcement"? Theres not even anything new for me to download here....

But congrats nonetheless to X250, Kumba, Aero and Mantis for getting new spotlight awards.

P.S.
    Where can I download the rest of the NE Invitational entries?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    http://www.nedesigns.com/?ne=invite
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Perhaps you could elevate Boscastle to a Super Runner Up? :p

Seriously though, congrats X for winning the best runner up.

Metro
  • Ling%s's Photo
    man, The Masterpiece has been one of my favorite parks since I joined RCTcompo way back in the day... glad to see it finally reach uber status
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    At first I thought we really had 4 brand new spotlights. I nearly omg'd. Still pretty cool though. I liked this on the Disney's Mid-America Resort page (along with the mention of me that I just noticed, yay):

It's a Small World - Coaster Ed Nightmere Device

Of course, it's also obvious from that as to who made the spotlight pages.

Anyways, congrats to all on the newly upgraded status to Spotlight!
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

Of course, it's also obvious from that as to who made the spotlight pages.

:lol:

Kumba, do you not proof read?
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    I think the Age of Empire page should be edited because it's possible that SOMEONE was being lazy and decided to copy and paste some of the intro from the NE Invitational page cause it says "With WOMB still in the making, his Atomkraftwork park wowing people enough to steal a victory from Fatha' in H2H2, and areas in collabo's on the way, mantis decided to settle the score once and for all and unleash "Age of Empires" on everybody, his first full-scale park at NE. Featuring five diverse themed areas, an excellent variety of unique coasters, perfect theming, and tremendous architecture. Finally people are starting to see why mantis has been getting all this praise lately, and lots of people will be eating their words by the end of it."

But besides that, congrats to all...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    There is a chance they will be re-written, I thought id have all day to make them, but then the girls in my class decided to have a study group and... hang out with hot chicks vs. write reviews all day... well you know what wins...

If mantis, aero or X250 want a full re-write I will do it, otherwise let's just move on.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I think its fine keeping how they are to see people's verdicts on the park, and what was going on at the time.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    You dont need a "rewrite", someone just needs to correct the obvious spelling mistakes, that cant take more than 10 mins...

Edited by ride_exchanger, 22 February 2007 - 11:32 PM.

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ With Kumba, who knows how long that would take?
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Yeah, like I'm pretty sure "napped" is supposed to be "nabbed", but he'll change it to "nipped"...

Aw hell I'm getting banned aren't I?
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    funny
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Yeah, like I'm pretty sure "napped" is supposed to be "nabbed", but he'll change it to "nipped"...

Aw hell I'm getting banned aren't I?

Where is that?

And yes you are ;)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Congrats to all Parkmakers for finally getting that wanted Spotlight page; Better late than never..
    And yes, it would be more professional if Kumba didn't have these spelling errors in his write-ups (even me as Dutchman could see that), but then you need to ask yourself if you want to have these pages now, or like...never.. With that I mean Kumba can't really help it with the style he's working with (I think :p ), so I only can appreciate the effort he's putting in NE nowadays..

Because, let's face it, without him there wouldn't be these updates and the site would die a slowly death.. So I think it's time to accept and appreciate the effort he's giving rather than bashing him for some spelling mistakes (hell, I also have them from time to time :p )

The awards show seemed to be fun. Shame I couldn't be there, as I had the flu (Today I'm feeling kinda better).. Congrats to all winners, and especially RFan for being the best non-Parkmaker.. Pity you couldn't accept, but now I'm even looking more forward to your new solo! Guess it will be here sooner than later :D

SF
  • zodiac%s's Photo

X250 has been a force in RCT2 for a little more then a year now with amazing parks like this one and The Time Machine from the PT2 that napped him an NE Parkmaker spot.

Congratulations on your find...

EDIT: Thanks for the awesome title :) ...

Edited by zodiac, 24 February 2007 - 09:18 AM.

• CoasterAnne%s's Photo
    Congrats for those parks that they are upgraded.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    congrats to everyone for their awards!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading