General Chat / Emergo is Back!

• Kumba%s's Photo
    http://forums.rctspa...topic=24195&hl=

^ Just saw that over at RCT2.com

I assumed something really bad must have happen for you to be away that long and I (and just about everyone from the community) was very concerned. I am very happy to see that your able to post again, thats a good sign im sure :)

Don't worry about RCT or NE at all until your better and fit for it. Just take care and know that we are all glad your back.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Oh and I forgot... Congrats on winning MVP of H2H4, thats about the biggest prize that can be won here at NE. Enjoy the member title you unknowingly have had for a few months ;)
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Welcome back, Emergo! Assuming you make it over here and read this.
  • Emergo%s's Photo

Oh and I forgot... Congrats on winning MVP of H2H4, thats about the biggest prize that can be won here at NE. Enjoy the member title you unknowingly have had for a few months ;)

Wow!!! you are fast like always, Kumba!!
    Thanks. :D

Just coming around, yesterday I made the first contact again on RCT.com, and just 5 minutes ago I sent you a pm (check your box then, Lol!)

As by this you created the oppurtunity for me, I'll here repeat most of the message I sent to you for the other members:

Hello everyone at NE,

Still alive I am, though literally barely and just crawling back into being a human being again....

First: my sincere apologies to all and everyone on the net with whom I had contacts/obligations and who, from one day in December 2006 up till now, never heard from me again; as if I had vanished completely.

That (vanishing completely) indeed nearly was the fact.
    I had a severe traffic-accident between Christmas and New year's eve 2006;
    By bycicle on my way home.On a secundary road with no bycicle-lanes.The night was unexpected and extremely foggy.
    I was waiting in the fog before a traffic light; my back-lights were on and flashing.
    Through the blinding and deafening fog I still heard something roaring behind me and, turning my head, I saw this huge truck in full gear; obviously he/she had not seen the traffic lights in the fog and neither my back-lights, or he/she just wanted to go through it,and while I turned my head I remember thinking "bye, this has been it....." and I realised in a moment that this truck would crush me......without escape.....I felt the hit.....and after that there still is a black spot......

When I came around in hospital after some 24 hours, they assured me how lucky I had been: just a very minor concussion of my brains, my legs still fully functioning (albeit that many bruises etc. would cause some inconvenience), but alas, everything in between - from my legs till my neck- was an extraordinary mess-up......... I must have toppled over my steering-wheel in a strange way trying I don't know what, and have been picked up some 400 meters in front of the traffic lights I was waiting for. Great luck indeed, that my spine still was unharmed.
    Turned out that all my ribs were either broken or contused - a situation in which still not much more can be done than give them rest, but painfull, yes.....- and that my arms/hands where messed up like hell: complicated broken up in innumerous places and some of the bones in my hands were more or less smashed.

Have been in hospital and a revalidation-centre untill the end of April 2007 (some broken spots had to be broken again and many operations for broken splinters where needed, the truck-driver has been one of my greatest supporters in hospital as well as in the revalidation-centre: each tiny piece of my progress is a tiny relief of the guilt he feels but he deserves it....) and as I already had severe problems with my internet-provider in the beginning of December 2006, I still had to re-settle that when I finally came home (above all other more urgent problems about getting back into life....).

At the moment, I can use my left arm and fingers again. More or less. Pity, for I am right-handed and being over 25 (LoL!) learning to use my left hand as the only one so far still causes me problems. Typing with only this left hand already takes me hours.
    In the first months after the accident, I honestly did not think about internet-contacts, let alone about RCT......!!! Just one thought - and despair - "will I ever be able to be functioning as an independent person again? -physically-"
    For, not being able to use your legs (permanently) for sure must be an awful fate (am not wishing that to anyone), but in the western world however we all know many disabled or elderly people crossing around in their motor-driven mobiles.No, not a real substitute for the loss of -the functioning of- your own legs, but still a quite handy replacement.
    But what can one do without 2 arms and hands.......? (and ribs that are no longer wishing to keep you upright or let you move, LoL!)
    I promise you, you are physically reduced to less than a newborn baby: you cannot brush your teeth or hair anymore, you cannot grip and bring a cup or fork or even a hand to your mouth (so you have to be feeded), you cannot lower your pants to go to the toilet by yourself (so you have to be accompynied and helped), you cannot pick up a phone or press a button of any kind (so you always need help from someone around to do these things for you), .......etc. etc...have someone strap your arms behind your back (for just a week then...? and see what you are still able to do by yourself and tell me the effect.....LoL!)
    In fact with two arms/hands disabled/non-functioning one cannot do anything anymore and one is extremely disabled and "de-humanised". (however much caring people are around )
    That's how I felt and despaired during many months. In hospital I had earphones to call the "alarm", but I even needed them for everything however simple as I could not do anything myself, however simple....
    They also promised me that in the end everything would be fine and functioning again........

Long way to go.
    Several operations on my right arm still to come (including a steel pin in my elbow) and finally plastic surgery to cover the outside mess so that even in my old age I can wear short sleeves without being ashamed about my arms (last thing I would worry about, but ok.....)
    Sceptical as well as optimistic as I am, I nevertheless hope for and thrust for the best.
    As I said before, I do have functioning and controll over my left arm and hand by now.
    Thanks for my luck on that. (and my legs and my head of course!!)

Just 3 weeks ago I thought: "I am so happy to have gotten back the functioning of my left arm/hand", and I , however clumsily still, was delighted to be able to brush my own teeth again, or put on my shower, press my phone and mix my yoghurt and fruits/smoothie and bring it to my mouth with my own hand and without any help.......
    Will I ever be able to play RCT again......????
    Will I ever be able to get interested again in this RCT-world,,????
    For honestly, within the circumstances during last months, the last thing on my list was RCT.
    Still, as we say in Dutch: "the blood creeps where it cannot go".
    So, one of the first things I tried when I got home, was: can I play RCT with only my left hand....?? What a mess, I first had to learn using this mouse in my left hand!
    Ok, I learned. But with one hand you cannot stack anything!!!!!!
    My son, who alternately lived with good friends and with his father during these months, made me an awful-looking but delicious "lengthener" for my left thumb (which one still is rather immobile), so that with some exercise I now can stack a bit already with my left hand.
    Will show you some results coming weeks. (if energy and time permits me....)

yesterday I finally got connected to the net again via a new internet-provider of my choice, so I can start coming back into the "real" (???????!!!!) world again, LoL!. I hope.
    Still have to install my new mailboxes (new e-mail address), but that's for the next days. All a bit in slow-motion, for most of my days still will be filled with revalidation and hospital-visits, but I am happy to sleep in my own bed again, and lucky that my cats still recognize me......

No idea at the moment what all is going on in the RCT-world and on NE at the moment, but I'll find out for sure (give me some time), any tips on important things last 5 months here will help me greatly!!! (thanks in advance)

Oh, and what is that about MPV in H2H4....???, will go looking for it now....

Hope you all are well and blooming and producing great parks and having fun, and....

thanks for still remebering me,

and

love, :D
    Emergo
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Oh wow. That's quite a bit to take in. An awful lot, to use a bit of a pun.

Firstly, I am terribly sorry to hear what happened. I had a friend who was involved in an absolutely terrible car accident. She had to be cut out of her car using the "Jaws of Life" and suffered severe injuries to both her legs. She was on crutches for several months, and it really took about a year for her to fully recover.

I am very glad to know that you are relatively okay, given the accident. It's a blessing that you weren't hurt any further, at the very least (though of course, I know it's still very hard for you now).

That RCT story, although seemingly silly, is actually quite inspiring. It's like in a movie where a person who's suffered great loss slowly makes baby steps to get back to normal, and that first step is something trivial. In your case, playing RCT with your left hand and stacking scenery with your extended left thumb.

You're a tough person, though, and I have no doubt you'll make a full recovery. It sounds like the injuries are serious, but they'll heal, and that is good to know. Obviously, you're in for a long road of recovery ahead, but you've already made it this far, and you've fought through the most difficult lay of the journey. I wish you the best with the future, and I hope you can drop in more often as your convalescence progresses.

We won't hold it against you if you don't, however.

Again, welcome back! It's great to have you here.

BTW, you have no reason to be sorry for anything. Internet contacts are the least you should ever worry about when something like this happens, so I never want to hear an apology about that again! :p

Also, you haven't really missed much. Pro Tour 3 prelims are starting up. But it's been slow, in part because I've been very busy with my final semester of university.
  • krohn%s's Photo
    Jesus Christ dude, that is crazy.

I broke my leg two legs ago skateboarding when a guy's board flew in front of me while I was riding.
    That is my excuse of not posting for about two or three weeks
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I know another way to stack scenery when you can only use one hand. First you raise a land tile and build one of toon's quarter blocks on it. For half-height meter increments, simply use a slanted land tile and place the block on one of the upper parts. Then you center your mouse cursor on that object, weigh down your control key, and build all objects for that height using your left hand. I wish you the best and hope your physical condition continually improves.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Its great to see ya emergo!!! im soo sorry about all that happened!!! it sounds awful!! im just glad to hear you are alive!! at least you can be happy coming back to a Park Makers title and page plus plenty of contests to win(when you feel up to it...lol) cant wait to see ya fully back in swing!! get well soon!!!

FK+Coastermind
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Me and FK got the honor of having her first post back in our topic (Climb the Ladder). :)

With only one hand, that post must have taken forever lol.

Still, we missed you sooo much, and I'm terribly sorry to hear the awful news. I can't tell you how happy I am to see you back and functioning fairly well after such an awful-sounding accident.

Welcome back Emergo, and may your recovery be as quick and full as possible! :)
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    It's great to have you back Emergo! Get well soon, we sure missed you!
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Hi!!!! :D

Wow...those are very bad news, I'm very sorry...although it could have been worse, couldn't it? I'm kinda shocked you know, I mean, considering you had been absent for such a long period of time, I thought something bad could have happened, but I wasn't really sure about it...to be honest, and please don't take this badly, at first I thought that something a lot worse had happened (you must imagine what I'm talking about), I mean, I kinda supposed you had had an accident, but I really thought it had been something much more serious (not saying this was something insignificant). I'm so glad you're back and it's such a good relief to know that you're getting better and that the consequences of the accident can be solved, eventually. Also, you don't have to be sorry about being inactive and sorta isolated of the community, because personal life is first, and you know that here at NE, everybody will understand any reasonal problem you have and that our support/help is guaranteed, am I not right people?
    I guess that this must have been a difficult phase for you, but I'm very glad that you got the necesary help for overcoming it and that you had enough mental strength, which actually influences a lot on your general health condition, so you should be in some way proud of yourself, because it's not easy at all to go through a situation like that one.
    So anyway, I'm very glad that you're back and that your state is getting better. Good luck, and hope you can recover as fast as you can, and in the best way possible.

Welcome again NE!!! :D

-----

Btw, krohn...just for letting you know, SHE'S not a GUY.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    wow .... dat is slecht nieuws...

Ik ben blij om te horen dat het nu al weer een stuk beter met je gaat. Ik hoop ook voor je dat de revalidatie voorspoedig zal verlopen en dat je al snel je rechter arm ook weer zal kunnen gebruiken. 1 arm/hand kunnen gebruiken zal idd wel heel zwaar zijn, ik kan het me eerlijk gezecht niet eens voorstellen....
    Ik weet dat heel wat mensen zich afvroegen waar je was en wat er met je gebeurd was ... maar niemand had zoiets verwacht... op de een of andere manier zie je de mensen op een forum toch ergens niet als normaal levende wezens tot zoiets gebeurd, oppeens zie je dan dat ze toch ook gewoon een leven hebben en dat er zulke dingen kunnen gebeuren...

Het bloed kruipt idd waar het niet gaan kan, ik wens je veel succes met rct, het stacken van scenery zal idd de komende tijd nog wel erg lastig gaan....ik heb ook wel eens geprobeerd met 1 hand rct2 te spelen en ik weet hoe moeizaam dat gaat, maar ik hoop dat uiteindelijk de inspanning zorgt voor ontspanning en dat het je helpt :) .

Veel succes nog!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    ^I wish I knew exactly what you said, but its kinda universal I think, lol.

Emergo im so glad your back and having some fun around here again.

I can't wait to build you that NE Parkmaker page you have had coming for months now. Oh and your now on the active list again ;)
  • snas%s's Photo
    wow hier schrik ik toch wel ff van. ik vond al wel dat je lang weg bleef voor een netwerk probleem maar dit had ik niet verwacht..
    ik had van de week nog zitten kijken of je al weer hier was geweest maar toen was dat niet het geval. levis wees me net op dit topic.

ik wens je heel veel sterkte en ik hoor nog wel hoe het gaat.
    beterschap.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Btw, congrats for getting MVP! :D
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Wow, that's really inspiring. I don't think any of us thought you were in such a situation, we just assumed you hadn't been here in a while. I think it's great that you even felt the need to come back and post that, shows how attached we get to these places i guess.

Seriously hope you can recover from this, no one should have to endure such things, great to hear from you and if you get back into RCT, well, that's just a bonus.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo

I understood the first sentence. :mantis:
  • Levis%s's Photo

Emergo im so glad your back and having some fun around here again.

I can't wait to build you that NE Parkmaker page you have had coming for months now. Oh and your now on the active list again ;)

in short I say:
    You do talk to people online and they react like normal humans, but in some way it never really looks like a real human till something like this happens ... this really states again that everybody is vunerable ...
    And I also tell her that I hope that playing rct2 helps her "relax" and forget the problems for a while.
    and the normal things off course :p .
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    Wow best schokkend om dit zo te lezen...

Goed te horen dat het met het revalideren goed gaat. Het lijkt me echt verschrikkelijk moeilijk om na zo'n ongeluk weer "met het gewone leven" verder te gaan. Maar dingen zoals rct helpen je er volgens mij wel mee.

Veel sterkte en doe rustig aan ;)
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Welcome back Emergo.

Nice to hear from you again, though the story shocked my quite a bit, but I guess that is pretty normal. When I read about it I tried typing just with my left hand just to get to know how difficult that is. I am quite amazed of the fact, that you are writing such long texts this way.

Anyway, all the best on your way back into normal life. Hope everything goes well and you will be able to use both of your hands normally soon.

greeting,
    Magnus

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading