(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Louis' RCT Supermarket

• Casimir%s's Photo
    get cena onboard and to a three-o.
    there will be pants jizzed. xD
  • nin%s's Photo

Me and Steve were wanting to build a WDS park... Haven't spoken to him about it, but finishing yours would be a bloody great way of doing it, it seems to me? Steve? Louis?

Speak with me and Steve ;)
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Me and Steve were wanting to build a WDS park... Haven't spoken to him about it, but finishing yours would be a bloody great way of doing it, it seems to me? Steve? Louis?

it would be an honour to have you and steve complete it. maybe with nin chucked in too :p
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    wtf Louis?! WDS? Moi?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    oh yeah I forgot :p robbie needs to touch it too :p god that park is just gonna be a slut.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Ah bugger, too many people.. :D

I'll just make my own, slightly less good one.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    You're so damn fuckin good in RCT2, why you waste your time with LL ??? I can't find any point to prefer LL for RCT2. Please finish some of this projects by your self instead of LL.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    ^ :lol:

look at this guy...

protip- don't fall into the "omg it's an older game it must suck" trap. It's fun in a different way and that's all there is to it.

Plus you don't have to worry about workbenches \o/

Edited by Milo, 06 June 2010 - 06:41 PM.

• prodigy%s's Photo
    Don't worry, I didn't fall into that trap... if I would have, I would play RCT3 and not 2 but I don't like RCT3. I played RCT/AAP/LL since it was out, but with the time it became boring for me. With RCT2 it was the same. The only thing that keeps me playing are CSO. So I would never build a LL or NSC park, cause I'm bored by the lack of possibilities there. I mean the graphic-engine is nearly the same, so the age doesn't count. For me the possibilties are the central point.

Edited by prodigy, 06 June 2010 - 06:59 PM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    try codex ;)
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Respect for LL, its a lot harder and more time consuming than RCT2.

I do think Prodigy has a point there, though. The possibilities in RCT2 are greater than the possibilities in LL just because of the whole custom scenery, benches, and the works, which makes for more parks to be made and more people to see RCT2's really cool parks online and then go and buy the game. Overviews in RCT2 tend to look more impressive than the LL overviews.

LL is more badass though, I admit.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    I know that it's always a point of view, but in my eyes LL and RCT2 is like Duplo and Lego.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I wanna take a stab at the Magic Kingdom park. If you don't mind, Louis!
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    i agree with prodigy tho. you're far better in rct2 than LL imo.
  • posix%s's Photo
    louis, what an honour that a skilled player like yourself focuses on ll :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    To comment on the whole LL, RCT2 debate. RCT2 may have more possibilites than LL but what makes LL fun is finding new possibilities within the limit of the game. You can almost go too far with RCT2 in the fact that you can have all the custom scenery. With LL its fun to find new ways of doing things and having a limited supply of objects etc to create different things.

I find LL more creative than RCT2 because you have to stretch yourself into creating you desired look. RCT2 just doesnt offer the same sense of creativity that LL has.

I'm sure there will come a time when I get back in RCT2 more, but right now LL is my focus as its just more enjoyable for me, regardless of whether I am more skilled at one than the other.

oh and Posix, cheers :)
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

I know that it's always a point of view, but in my eyes LL and RCT2 is like Duplo and Lego.

that's actually an excellent analogy. though, ll is more like sticking the odd bit of lego into the process like i used to do with duplo.

and louis, i completely agree with you. i also love the entire graphic of LL. everything just seems more... aestheticly pleasing. the nostalgia from even looking at the game is overwhelming. everything moved much smaller in rct2, and hence, took away that feeling as it became more detailed. due to the simpler nature of the game, you can effortlessly run it on almost any computer in windowed mode, and it makes for much more enjoyable gameplay, as it's just easier to cope with. i play to have fun, not to be challenged constantly. And sometimes, LL is so perfect for how i'm feeling. i love both games, don't think i'm disregarding rct2.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Louis!, this is some great stuff. Of course I looked at F1 right away and loved what you guys did with it and really pulled off the look. Loved MGA with the carousel and wizzer being my favorite attractions. However, the three Disney studios are stunning and perhaps some of my favorite items in RCT2, ever. Even though you are focusing on LL now, you and I should talk one of these days. ;)

Again, great work Louis
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I'm not taking the Magic Kingdom. You really screwed yourself IMO by building Main Street in the center of a 100*100 map. There is barely any room for Tomorrowland.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    RCTNW - Thanks :) oh and thanks for your support through MGA, it helped a lot. We should talk :)

DarkHorse - You dont know the plans I had for the park, so you can't really comment on leaving any room for Tomorrowland because you dont know whether I was going to include it in the park or not.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading