(Archive) Advertising District / The Dueling Dragons ( a Rct2 Project )

• scarywaffles%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Many Years ago, battle raged on between two dragons, one having the power over Ice and Water, the other having the ability to produce fire. Centuries after centuries, Their battle continued, it seems that no one wants to be drowned in disgrace. some knew a war this intense would continue for all Eternity. But choose your ride wisely for they are Dueling Dragons!

Dueling Dragons is the first and only of it's kind, An Inverted Dueling Roller Coaster. It's unique, It's Extraordinary, and it's extreme ! though the two coaster have the same height, same length and same ride time, they don't share the same layout unlike on the ordinary dueling coasters out there. Dueling dragons have one element that is truly unique and creative, the "Near Collisions" also known as the near misses where at some points the dragons meet and bringing their riders just about 12 inches apart!.And not to mention the greatest and most spectacular themeing ! Dueling Dragons is for me the most fantastic ride ever built. It must be always on our wanted list.

I picked Dueling Dragons as my First recreation because its really fun to watch it doing the near misses on rct2 which is not that easy to do because first of all you must know the time, and Rct2 rides have limited elements.I also don't have any custom scenery which you guys use, don't have any expansions, and don't have the ability to hack tracks and do somethin' to make the ride more realistic ( thats why as you can see, there's no stairs below the hill XD ). I've never been on this ride also, so sorry if theres some inaccuracies By the way,this is my first time to recreate, so here ya go!

Fire ( Chinese Fireball ) Dragon
    rct2 version
    height 125 ft
    drop 110 ft
    speed 64 mph

Inversions ( 1st immelmann, 2nd immelmann, 3rd vertical loop, 4th wingover, 5th wingover )

real coaster
    height 125 ft
    drop 115 ft
    speed 60 mph

Ice ( hungarian Horntail ) Dragon
    Rct2 version
    Height 125 ft
    Drop 115 ft
    Speed 65 mph

Inversions ( 1st zero G-roll, 2nd & 3rd cobra roll, 4th wertical loop, 5th wingover )

Real Coaster
    height 125 ft
    drop 95 ft
    speed 55 mph

Near Collisions
    Let's view the near collisions on my Roller coaster tycoon 2 version and compare it to the original ride.
    The first picture the the 2nd near miss of the track , the 2nd picture is the interlocking corkscrew which will happen just after the wertical loop.The last is the first where the ice dragon is on its zero G-roll,while the fire dragon on its top.

Posted Image

here are the sceneries that i have made for the rest of the themeing.

Posted Image
    this is the lockers, where you can put your loose items or the valuable one. some of the none riders sit here just to feel the ambiance of the place or to watch the dragons as the twist and go along their tracks.

Posted Image
    this is the exit where you can watch the Ice dragon returning to its place.

Posted Image
    This one is the main entrance that you will see before you witness the rest of the ride. I used the triceratops as a substitute for the ice dragon , and a dinosaur as the red dragon.( and for me it's just okay )

Posted Image
    This one is the entrance of the queue ( im not sure if there's really a two tower standing just in front of the track because i based it on the overview picture taken by the Theme park guy )

All of the track is based on the pictures available on the net, so please no harmful comments If my work is not accurate or just a piece of garbage.Also thanks to ChapongaNole & LeonChaos18 for the intros ( i really their intros on their recreations )you can leave comments below if I could improve this or whatever.so hope you like it.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    i love it.
    i've been on these rides multiple times, and although your version isn't just like the real thing, i can appreciate it for being close to it.
    its got a lot of charm to it, and i think your work is beautiful.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    This is very nice old school, no hacks or custom objects, just effort and hard work.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    This is definately very accurate, nice theming too. Good job!

But... Its called Dragon Challenge now, might want to change that!
  • nin%s's Photo
    Well, if he did that he'd have to rename/retheme the entire thing, Dueling Dragons was better anyways.

This is really nice, even without the hardcore theming or 100% accuracy, reminds me of when everybody was attempting they're own version of DD. Even I am thinking about doing so.
  • scarywaffles%s's Photo

i love it.
    i've been on these rides multiple times, and although your version isn't just like the real thing, i can appreciate it for being close to it.
    its got a lot of charm to it, and i think your work is beautiful.

I've never been on any rides there in america,or in europe( beacuse Im from philippines ) so I really don't know if my version is accurate and precise but still. thank you very much for appreciating it !
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Pretty good, you seem to have the placement done pretty accurately. I would like to see you use the B&M support set tho. Also the stations are not really next to each other and the lift is pretty much diagonal, just doing that takes some tricky hacking.

This is one of only a handful of coasters id consider doing a rec of sometime in the future since it's in FL and I am pretty familiar with.
  • scarywaffles%s's Photo
    But Im not really used in hacking tracks.Or also combining different kinds of coaster to make it as one.
  • Colorado-Fan%s's Photo
    I think you placed the coasters accurately. I don't know if it is 100% correct but it looks nice with the theming and it has a nice atmosphere.
  • scarywaffles%s's Photo
    my! thank you.. I'm flattered XD

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading