RCT Discussion / RCT2 on Windows 7

• GeertD%s's Photo
    The game freezes everytime, how can I solve it?
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Right click the desktop icon, select properties, click the compatibility tab, and apply the settings noted below. Try that and see if it works.

Alright I did some experimenting and I think I have found a solution.

Posted Image

As you can see, I have Rct2 Compatibility set to Windows 98/ME and I have 8cars set to Windows 98/ME but with Disable Visual Themes selected. There may be other settings that work but this is what works best for me.

Hope this helps.

• Sephiroth%s's Photo
    Trying out your method now Top Gun. I have the same problem so I appreciate you sharing.

EDIT: Ok so now RCT2 won't freeze (yay!), but when I try to save RCT2 closes.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    RCT2 simply WON'T run normal on Windows 7.

I have problems with it, Levis has problem with it and a lot more people as well. Only suggestion/tip/hint I can give, is to run it virtually in a XP client, threw a program like VMware or any of that kind.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I have zero problems with RCT2 and Win7.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ Yeah, but where do you use it for Posix? Just for viewing the parks in release prep, or are you actually building/hacking etc as well?
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    I use W7, it never crashes on me, and I can hack on it.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ Can you raise and lower ride track as well on the normal way :) ?
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo
    Looks to me like RCT2 running/not running on W7/Vista varies from person to person from reasons unknown to me and most everyone else.

For me, RCT2 ran on Vista no problem, so sure enough when I changed the compatibility to Vista, RCT2 runs fine.
  • posix%s's Photo
    cena, that is a trainer problem with w7, not an rct2 problem.
  • Corey%s's Photo
    I, too, have Windows 7, and have no problems at all with RCT2. Didn't even have any problems with RCT1.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    yeah you cant do any tack mergers or do gee's invisible hut trick in 7.

also i cant find any pictures i take in the game... it sucks... can anyone help me on that?
    -JDP
  • posix%s's Photo
    I still don't understand what happens to the bmps. They are just placed in the RCT2 directory for me, same for LL, as it has always been, from win9x to win7 ...
  • JDP%s's Photo
    i cant find them anywhere. slightly frustrating but hopefully they turn up some where. if anyone has any idea please let me know
    -JDP
  • posix%s's Photo
    have you tried just hitting the windows key to type "SCR1.BMP" ?
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    I'm scared of inserting my RCT disc into my new Windows 7 PC i'm typing this from. Hope y'all have a good edition to get Windows XP Mode.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^^yeah i have.. even searched through the files...
    -JDP
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    JDP, have you clicked on "Compability Files" ?
    And you can merge with Win 7, just do it with Map Object Manipulation.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    I play LL usually, but my main problem with RCT2 is the darn widescreen monitor distorts everything worse than my netbook!
  • JDP%s's Photo
    turbin, how can that work with map object manipulation? and what files
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading