(Archive) Advertising District / Indian Point Ballpark

• RCT2day%s's Photo
    Hey guys,
    First time over here to post at NE. I've been playing RCT2 for little over a year now, mostly just working my way up at TPR. I figure its time to show my work to a different audience (not that everyone at TPR isn't great or anything like that). This project started during last year's MLB postseason and, as the season starts again, I figure it is worth showing to get you into the baseball mood. The park is about 95% done, soon to be submitted (though I do not expect much out of it). It is entirely NCSO, no trainers, no hacks, just like taking the game out of the box and playing.
    Comments, questions, and ways for me to improve are greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Gate 1.GIF
    • Attached Image: Gate 2.GIF
    • Attached Image: gate 3.GIF
    • Attached Image: trout house.GIF
    • Attached Image: subway.GIF
    • Attached Image: mako station.GIF
    • Attached Image: touch-em-all\'.GIF
    • Attached Image: mako.GIF
    • Attached Image: sawmill scrambler.GIF
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I was hoping you would post this soon. I saw these pics on theme park review and they are fantastic!
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I don't think I've ever seen somebody make such large expanses of wood and brick look as refined as you have here, you really have a knack for that and the fact that it's all ncso makes it more impressive. Most people go for the hyper detailing, which can also be effective, but your focus on the shapes and forms really resonates in these screens. The woodie is also wonderfully unique yet still has obvious realistic qualities, something like a cross between Race Through the Clouds and the Crystal Beach Cyclone, and it's supporting structure is very clean and tasteful too. Really looking forward to seeing more of this, and especially with the level of detailing hopefully we'll be seeing a lot from you.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    wow, this is awesome!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Welcome to NE! Great start here.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    For some reason I realy love that woody!
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    some fantastic screens here, I love you dude.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    This looks REALLY nice. Love the wooden twister.
  • molemaster43%s's Photo
    Like I have said on TPR, insanely epic. I wish I could make something this awesome with NCSO.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    :drool: AMAZING!
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Just was looking through these again and wanted to post some more thoughts. Seems like you haven't used any hacking on this either, props for that. However, I'm noticing on a lot of your buildings that you carry over the windows all the way to the building corner - this isn't bad for a lot of the smaller structures but it really looks to compromise the structural integrity of the brick ballpark. It would be pretty easy to hack a solution together, especially with custom scenery, but I'm not sure of a way you can do it with your current building style without drastically reducing window surface area.
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Just was looking through these again and wanted to post some more thoughts. Seems like you haven't used any hacking on this either, props for that. However, I'm noticing on a lot of your buildings that you carry over the windows all the way to the building corner - this isn't bad for a lot of the smaller structures but it really looks to compromise the structural integrity of the brick ballpark. It would be pretty easy to hack a solution together, especially with custom scenery, but I'm not sure of a way you can do it with your current building style without drastically reducing window surface area.

I believe he's going for a NCS/No Hack style with this. I must say, he's doing it right.
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    I like the layout of the rollercoaster.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Wow, thanks everyone. Means a lot to be hearing some great compliments from a different audience than TPR.

So I tried replacing some windows with walls and it just didn't look right. I'm keeping what I had. And CC9 is correct when he says I'm going for NCS with no hacks whatsoever.
    Here's a picture of a building I worked on last night (the unfinished area below it is the only area I have to finish, then I'm submitting):

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Seaside Restuarant.GIF
  • Hex%s's Photo
    The part where the guests would sit at looks nice. The building however is just 1 big rectangle, and the color isn't pleasant. Other than that everything else looks nice!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading