Custom Scenery Exchange / Actual light emmiting lamps

• Casimir%s's Photo
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for special objects for a current project of mine.
    Is there a possibility to make an RCT object that actually emmits some kind of (fake) light?
    Like in "technically sends out some kind of RCT glass effect, slightly dyeing everything that's behind it"?
  • trav%s's Photo
    I don't think there's ever been anything like that. Would be cool to see though.

I'm guessing there hasn't though because people used to photoshop their screens to make it look like the lamps were on.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Would have to be a massive multitile object, at least 3x3 i'm guessing...

I had this same thought man, but pretty sure it would be impossible as all the shadows on existing scenery would then be off too... you'd have to make new scenery with specific lighting depending on where the light was coming from.

Would be a hell of a lot of work, but it is possible I guess.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I don't even want to include shadows in this equation. What I had in mind could basically be done with minimum 2 1/4 objects. One lamp and one ever so slight, almost feasible light cone that just gives whatever it's placed on a slight color tone change..

tl;dr: I'm not looking for dynamic illumination, just some slight ingame dyeing coming from a source object.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    There is this object. But thats probably not exactly what you want.

Attached Files

• Casimir%s's Photo
    Gonna have to take a look at it ingame. From the object editor view, it looks like the right basic concept, though.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    I suggested/asked for this in the h2h forum .Maybe someone from the canes can post the sample image and quote
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    The street lamps with light on!
    Attached File  Suburbia.zip (3.16MB)
    downloads: 21
    Later I will put a SV6 for the case that this doesn't work.
  • render8%s's Photo
    I remember seeing something like this a few years ago when I first starter playing RCT2. This is the same concept only the one I saw was the lamp post that had the little globes on it and it had a light halo around it with a glass effect, and was recolorable. Been many years and I'm clueless what it was even called. I will definitely try and take a try at this as I think I may be able to turn up a result like that, or at least I hope. Might be a little while though before I can finish it. Would it need to be one of the lamps that are included with the game with light, or would you like a whole new design of a lamp?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    For my project, I'd actually need a couple of different angles, maybe something like a neon tube that can be faced in different directions. Illumination from top, bottom, front, angles etc. But I guess it should be easier to test the whole concept first with the ingame lamp objects.
  • render8%s's Photo
    Ok, well, had a play with this idea and just made a quick little lamp object trying out the concept of a light with some transparency. I know this isn't what you wanted exactly, but I more wanted to see if this is the idea you're going for. The lamps are the yellow colored ones in the image. If this is the idea you're going for, then I can try and work out specifically what you're looking for.

Posted Image

Kinda sucks because RCT2 has either transparent or not, no levels of transparency, so you couldn't do, for example, less transparency at the light source and more as the light goes further out. Gotta do a little faking towards the light source and then come to a sudden transparent zone, but it's workable I guess.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    That is actually kind of awesome. Not completely what I was gunning for, but I could very well use it for WoA =D
    Care to share? ;P

This is an incredibly quick Paint picture of what I was going for.
    Which is a cone of light in just one pointed direction that's fading out a bit. Maybe it could be done just with a changing amount of transparent/intransparent pixels?

• render8%s's Photo
    Glad you like it Casimir. I guess I could have attached it when I posted the screenshot lol. You can find it under the walls/fences tab of the scenario editor. I'll have another go at the other idea you had when I can find a little bit of time too.

I guess I should have mentioned too the lamp post and light color are recolorable as well. ;)

Attached Files

• Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I'm going to use it as well ,since it's colorable i might have a good spot for it in my ghosttrain castle. ;)

Thanks for all the great adds Render8. :)
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Very nice I am going to use it. :mantis:
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thank you guys, glad you like the lamp and that it has good uses.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    If you ever finish up with those trees and gardens Id like to have them too please.
  • render8%s's Photo
    olddtfan51, you can check my scenery release thread. Just updated the first post with my finalized trees. No garden stuff yet though, but eventually I'll get there. ;)
  • RRP%s's Photo
    What about a glass version of a halftone pattern as a wall so you can easily align with lights premade lights?

Attached File  htone.jpg (16.21KB)
    downloads: 2

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading