(Archive) Advertising District / DisneySPACE

• nin%s's Photo

Posted Image

Presenting itself as a symbol of freedom, Space Shuttle Hyperion shines brightly over Space Port 1

Posted Image

After years of effort, the port finally had a successful launch, paving the way for future endeavors into the final frontier.

DisneySPACE - Preparing for Liftoff

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    OH FUCK YEAH!
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    I kinda feel there's too many gray, it needs some vibrant colors like a blue. but oh well..that sign board out from inside the space shuttle is definitely one of coolest thing in rct EVER.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    that steel girdering on the monorail is fucking sweet.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    The path in certain instances looks great, but in overs its overpowering. Interesting choice though.

I really hope you have enough content to complete this, if you actually even get that far :p But yeah, great start.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Looks fantastic Nin. I do agree about the path, a great choice but it does tend to make everything blend in. I feel like some tarmac around the entrance area could help break up path from the entrance above.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    amazing...maybe the path problem would be lessened if you chose a different grey path on those platforms than on the street. That'd make it easier to distinguish between the different parts of the screens.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yea its looking pretty great Nin! You are doing a great job of keeping it interesting but not to industrial.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    If you manage to finish this it'll get you more bitches than Kumba, for sure!
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Please finish this..

My god..
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    I just hope this gets finished. So many cool things that you can (and I'm sure will) do with this.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    This is spectacular. Gorgeous job man!

I assume the black debris in the hangar in the second pic is the crashed object? What did you decide to go with?
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Goddamn this is glorious. Girdering work everywhere is so damn spot on. Can't wait to see some awesome rides.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    This dog and I are dumbfounded, sir.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Thanks everyone, including those who posted in the fiesta topic. I'm having a blast with this project if you couldn't tell, and there's already a good amount completed. A 2013 release is rather likely.

Just updating the topic with the screens from the fiesta.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • ar2910%s's Photo
    Truly wonderful! This is the kind of themepark that Disney has been so afraid to create since the near universal panning (for reasons still mysterious to me) of the EPCOT. Innovative, educational and fun; the triumvirate of a great park and a good concept. The colours, scales and placements of objects and structures just seem to gel so well.

I can't help but hark back to XCoaster's 'Disney Air', which begs me to ask the question, I hope that not all of the park will be based on today's space programme, but that we will also see some science-fiction based areas, and possibly some retro-futurism thrown in too (a la Jules Verne)?

On a lighter note, I'm not sure I'd want to be on any of those rockets, as most of them seem to possess all the aerodynamic properties of a housebrick! But of course I understand the limitations of RCT's modular building system, and as I said, you have made fantastic use of it!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading