General Chat / NE's not-so-great phone survey

When did you first start using a mobile phone?

What kind of mobile phone do you have?

I like to shove it up my butt every now and then

My current mobile phone number ends with a

select all the numbers your phone number contains

read the answers

I enjoyed this little survey and I'd like to participate in future surveys

• Liampie%s's Photo
    When did you first start using a mobile phone?
    2008-2010 (yes, very late to the party)

What kind of mobile phone do you have?
    A traditional phone. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stick with my beloved Nokia though. Eventually I'll have to switch.

I like to shove it up my butt every now and then
    No comment.

You know, all I really wanted to ask was who uses a smartphone and who doesnt? Who's with me in the smartphone resistance?
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    lol...

I've STILL got an motorola krzr in use, so definitely no smartphone.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I just have a cheapass phone, which I never use unless I have to

Also the years are overlapping, like I got my first phone in 2002 so I voted 2000-2002, but I could have voted 2002-2004 as well.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    smartphones aren't worth the money imo, too much that can go wrong with em anyway, I hate touchscreens and prefer a simple cheap phone that lasts 2-3years instead of paying for something around 500-600euros for a phone that isn't sturdy and has a lot of issues with software...
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

smartphones aren't worth the money imo, too much that can go wrong with em anyway, I hate touchscreens and prefer a simple cheap phone that lasts 2-3years instead of paying for something around 500-600euros for a phone that isn't sturdy and has a lot of issues with software...

I disagree heartily. I switched to smartyphone use in 2009 with a Motorola Droid (Milestone in europe), and that has lasted me until a week ago when I bought a Google Nexus 4- that is, 3.5-4 years. I am happy to pay the 300-500 full retail for a smartphone because that's actually a fair price for the ridiculous amount of technology stuffed into it; my smartphone is a tiny computer that is, at this point, faster than my laptop. I relied on my smartphone in Korea for basically everything since my laptop was tied to an ethernet connection, and anytime I am unable to comfortably bring a laptop with me I know I'm fine with the Droid, or now the Nexus.

What I am not happy about is the typical monthly surcharge for data use; the phone hardware is well worth the money, but if I'm buying it unsubsidized (not on a 2-year contract) I don't want to be paying a monthly fee that is calculated to make back the money carriers lost on the front end subsidizing phones. I get 90% of the functionality of my phone whenever there's free wifi, so it seems like the small step up to 3/4g service isn't worth an additional 500 a year.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    ^i didnt even understand that.
    I started using a mobilephone in 2011. beat that.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    So, who else shoves it up there butt?!?!? :')
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    surprisingly, not me.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I've shoved many things up my butt, yet I can't say my phone is one of them.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    I witnessed person of the female persuasion gracefully (and forcibly) stick one in her vagina and proceed to have her friends call her...

Oh freshman year of collage parties... How I don't miss you..
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I had a problem answering the question of the texts and calls. I call more than I text but I use direct message services like twitter/facebook/WHATSAPP much more than I call.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    My first smart phone, I love this thing...
    Posted Image
  • Super G%s's Photo
    I've got a Samsung Galaxy S Plus for a year now, still have to use it for another 1.5 year. My first one I had when I was 11, so that must be 2006.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Iphone5 with grandfathered unlimited data plan. Life is awesome.
  • csw%s's Photo
    Just got myself a flip-phone. I call it my new Limited edition iPhone 6, everyone's jealous of me
  • gir%s's Photo

Iphone5 with grandfathered unlimited data plan. Life is awesome.

I was bummed when I didn't get unlimited data on my plan, but then I realized that I'll never even come close to hitting my cap (4GB/month). I don't use it as much as I used to though when I rode the bus every day (now I walk) and I'm on WiFi at home and work/school.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    I've got a grandfathered unlimited plan too, but I have to ditch if I want an upgrade. :/ bittersweet

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading