(Archive) Advertising District / Gravity Gardens Redux

• csw%s's Photo
    I've recently begun another NCSO project. It is a take on the original RCT2 scenario Gravity Gardens, where the only rides available are roller coasters and the objective is a park value of $500,000!

Well, I decided to do this scenario because the landscape is beautiful. However, I will be changing a lot of it (to make it more beautiful ;)/> ). I also edited in some other rides besides roller coasters to liven it up a bit.

My first area of work is on the existing coaster, Treetop Flyer. I've begun adding some supports and a nice station building, with a whoa belly in the foreground.

Posted Image

The layout also needed some edits:

Posted Image

Also, I expanded the lake to fill a nice section of the middle of the park, as you can see from this overview.

Posted Image

The original overview:

Posted Image

As you can see, there is a lot of progress to be made, but I hope to be working on this project for a bit. And most importantly, it is extremely fun!

-csw
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Definitely excited to see how you progress on this. Looks fun!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    That turn over the lake is such a classic element
  • csw%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    New suspended coaster in the works. Half of the mountain is foliaged/landscaped, and the station has not been started. Catwalk, transfer track, and all the custom supports I'm going to do for this coaster are in place.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Usually I don't really care whether a coaster has custom supports or not, but I think your coaster desperately needs some custom supports here. I like how everything else looks. Good landscaping. :)

edit: I mean where there are no supports at all of course. The rest looks fine.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    If you're keeping with the NCSO of the original scenario don't bother with custom supports past lift hills or break-runs; those things tend to be rather unsightly or overly bulky and (in my opinion) are worse than the illogical supports that the game places by default.

That ride looks sweet and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the park develop! I too really enjoy the landscaping. :D
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I think the mechanical theme pipes and the wooden beam work well for suspended supports, and aren't too far off of real life. I agree with Liampie.
  • csw%s's Photo
    I think I'm going to try full supporting on this one, but no promises. There is also a support on the large hill on the top-center of the screen that is only visible in 3 of the camera angles, but not the one that the screen is on. strange.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading