Pro Tour 4 / Pro Tour 4: The Final Announcement

• Liampie%s's Photo

Posted Image

Dear members, not completely surprising, we received a total of zero entries for the PT4 finals. That is sad, but not a disaster! From the start, we realized that the pro tour contest format might not work anymore in 2013. That seems to be the case here (in addition to the weather not being very RCT-friendly), although the prelims turned out pretty successful. However we do not regret organizing this Pro Tour; from an admin perspective it was a very useful learning experience. The PT4 was an experiment, and experiments by definition have an uncertain outcome. From a member perspective there were frequent quality releases during the prelim rounds. And though no one submitted a park for a final round, many parks were started, and maybe with the PT4 officially ending they might surface sometime soon!

These are some conclusions we can draw:
    - There probably won't be another Pro Tour at this website.
    - The prelims were good fun and might return in another form.
    - Liampie will start advertising 'The Twilight' soon... Other former PT4 participants should do the same!

With each chapter that closes, a new chapter starts, and we are the authors. Let's make it a fine time together until the next big event!
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I started a park myself but just 4 days into the competition I started working at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Working about 5-6 days a week, I found it nearly impossible to put my remaining energy into a park. My park was quite ambitious and I would still love to complete it further down the road. However for now I have to concentrate on both college and work.

I would love to show some screens. I know I am not the only one who started a PT4 project therefore, admins, perhaps you could create a topic in this thread called "PT4 Recycle Bin" where we could post screens of our unfinished parks if we would like. It would be nice to have a separate topic away from the Dump Place for a gallery.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I would love a sort of prelim sized round contest, I had great fun making mine!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Same, would love a smaller formatted contest like the prelims. I started a Finals park, but it hangs in stasis until my inspiration returns. I second the separate topic idea though.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    without prod joining it, it was a clear thing right from the start that it'll end in nothing good ;)
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    You're free to open a new topic in the advertising district for any project you want to show.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Was afraid that it'd come to this. After being pretty excited for the thing and hurriedly building a prelim I lost tons of interest in not only the contest, but the game as well. The prelims were definitely great fun and I'd love for a multi-round contest like that, but we'll see what the future holds.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    does this mean the end of large park contests in general? does anyone think a non-exclusive contest (ie hi-rollers) would have generated a turnout?
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Booo, guys, boo! ;)

I was in the same boat as Pacificoaster, working 8 hours a day 5 days a week in front of a computer you don't really have the motivation to build much unfortunately.
    I was looking forward judging the entries, though. :(

"MFG"
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    :(
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Can't say I'm that surprised with a low turn out but getting none was even below what I expected.
    Ah well, smaller scale contests can be fun as well. I once organized a little unofficial competition on rctcompetition.com. I provided a base park with the idea to turn this small park into a big park. It worked with rounds and the idea was to build an attraction or a small themed area, etc. Much like a time line park. You keep the assignments small, but adjust the time given based on what they had to do. Generally each round was between 2-3 weeks. If someone won twice in a row, they were excluded for the next round to give everyone a chance. It's quite fun to do.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    IMO all the guys who were in the PT4 finals should make a new official NE group park as compensation ;)

"MFG"
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^That's a good idea :p
  • csw%s's Photo
    Small, non-exclusive contests are the way to go, at least in the near future. I think most people have more fun building on small projects than large maps that seem like they'll never be finished.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Surprisingly enough, the Pro Tour got me to start another small park as well. For a while there it was plowing ahead but of course my building speed can't meet these kind of deadlines, so I'd never *really* expected to finish in time.

Those of you in my last stream got to see it, but I will have some more soon as I try to finish it up.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I call nickelodeon studios as a multimap protour finals group park!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I call nickelodeon studios as a multimap protour finals group park!

Let's do it.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Well it's a shame but at least it gave quite a few good prelim parks. It could always be worse.

CP6, I would love to see that park finished. From a look at your livestream it was phenomenal, as expected from you.

Studios park would be a cool group park maybe not so much nickelodeon but a studios park would work great with everyone doing a separate attraction or something.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    More than the Pro Tour, Group parks are doomed. Especially in RCT2.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I believe that H2H is a more producitve competition only because people are forced to finish parks. For Pro Tour, it wasn't mandatory.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading