Custom Scenery Exchange / Objects from my park: Quarter tree, diagonal picket fence, B&M sup

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

Thought you guys might be able to use some of these objects that are currently being used in a park I'm making.  The park isn't going to be finished for a while, so I thought I would share what I had to make.

9 objects total, from left to right.  1/2 tile 4 height clearance B&M support, brick planter, round block planter, diagonal planter, diagonal roof left piece, diagonal roof right piece, quarter sized tree stump, quarter size tree foliage, diagonal picket fence.

Attached File  pic of objects 2.jpg (26.15KB)
    downloads: 173

A view of them from all four angles. 

-The B&M support is to save on objects and comes in handy quite often.

-The quarter sized tree is a smaller version of Liam's tree basically, to fit on a quarter sized tile.

-The brick planter blocks are multi-purpose and were necessary for the park i'm making.

Attached File  pic of objects 1.jpg (175KB)
    downloads: 177

dats:

ja227--diagonal roof side slanted--edited by JJmforce :  Attached File  JJDGRF05.DAT (1.93KB)
    downloads: 7

ja227--diagonal roof side slanted 2--edited by JJmforce:  Attached File  JJDGRF06.DAT (1.95KB)
    downloads: 8

B&M Steel Support-Vertical-1/2 centered-4 clearance:  Attached File  JJMFBM4H.DAT (2.35KB)

brick dirt planter block:  Attached File  brickpl1.DAT (2.85KB)
    downloads: 6

brick dirt planter diagonal block: Attached File  brickpl2.DAT (2.17KB)

brick dirt planter round block:  Attached File  brickpl3.DAT (2.49KB)
    downloads: 8

quarter tile tree:  Attached File  Qtrtree1.DAT (2.76KB)

quarter tile tree:  Attached File  qtrtree2.DAT (4.05KB)

diagonal picket fence: Attached File  DIAGPICK.DAT (2.64KB)
    downloads: 16

Please let me know if there are any problems, hope you all can use them.

• Airtime%s's Photo

The colourable brick objects are really clever and opens the door for multi-purpose objects to save on small scenary dat space in the future. Good job.

• Lotte%s's Photo

just might have to use these in my park, it really gets rid of the problem of ugly bricks, but what if your brick already is the lightest shade? can't we just have one that's like that always and will adapt to the colour selected?

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Those bricks are very nice and the other objects are nice too, but the roof pieces look and feel awkward.

Is there a special way to use them?

Nice work though.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

That's not the way color selection works, gdb.

I kinda like the bricks. How do they look when you make the two colors contrasting, like black lines, but white bricks? It's cool to see new object makers. 

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

Thanks guys, here is a pic showing more use of the objects:

(And actually hold off on the brick planters for now, I am going to try making them all normal colors just making lines where the brick would be and have those as the alternate color, that way you wouldn't need to blend and you could use the lightest colors on the palet)

Edit:  when I tried this out after what I said about the brick planters, it didn't look good, so I put the originals back up for download.

@gdb, A lot of the brightest versions of the colors, like, the yellow or pink will be very hard to blend making it all one color because they are so light.  You just have to fiddle with it and find the colors that look best together.

@inthemanual, yeah the white with black lines don't look great, but maybe it would look better with brown lines, or purple instead of black.

Attached File  object sample.jpg (172.87KB)
    downloads: 75

@ Arjan V 1   here are some more pics of the roofs being used:

Attached File  pic ready 1.jpg (34.89KB)
    downloads: 105  Attached File  pic ready 2.jpg (67.16KB)
    downloads: 82

• csw%s's Photo

That second one is some ivo type shit. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on haha

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

^haha, yeah man, I got that a lot when I showed that park to people.  If you could see it in-game you would be able to 'orientate' yourself and move the angles around to know what it is.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading