Micro Madness 2014 / Micro Madness 2014 General Information & Discussion

• Louis!%s's Photo

MM2_final3.png

limited space, unlimited madness

Logo by 5dave

GENERAL INFORMATION

What is Micro Madness 2014?
    Micro Madness 2014 is the newest edition of the previous Micro Madness competition. It is an individual contest open to all members at New Element. This year match ups will not be a normal 1v1 knockout contest like before, but will consist of multiple members competing against each other with only 2 progressing to the next round. Previously, the bracket was made public, this year to add more excitement and intrigue, the bracket will remain anonymous and people will only find out who they are up against in each round when the voting starts. Micro Madness is all about creativity, it's a challenge for those at the top of their game to show what they can do with a small map. Do you have what it takes to make it to the final?

The Objective
    Your task is to develop a 15x15 entry to compete against several other entries. There are no limits to what can be and what can't be done, everyone has free reign, as long as it fits the size requirement. Like in our recent H2H contests, you do not have to utilise a square shape to achieve the spatial target. 15x15 is equal to 225 tiles and you can use these to create any shape you like, but you may not use more than this allocation. Nothing may lie outside this boundary except map entrances, peep entry points and any way of getting peeps into your entry. If you are unsure about anything, do not hesitate to contact us.

You have 10 days to sign up for this contest by replying below, the sign ups will close on 15th June, after which the seeding will occur and the bracket will be completed. The contest will then start on 22nd June when the competition bracket and all the rules & regulations are released to the public. Any people attempting to sign up after the 15th June will join a reserves list and may not get the chance to take part in the contest. Please be aware when signing up that the contest will run from 22nd June and the final round may not be completed until late August, early September.

Please note that there is no cap on the number of sign ups. We have designed this contest to cope with high numbers of participants and can run the contest up to 64 players.

Seeding
    The reason for the week gap between sign ups and the contest start is so we can create the optimal bracket for the competition to run smoothly. Part of this process involves seeding. All entrants will be seeded for this competition and placed into pots. People will then be drawn from random out of these pots to be placed in the first round according to the order they were drawn from their ranked pot. This is much like the process for the World Cup, Champions League and many other sporting events.

Rules & Regulations
    The guidelines of the contest, including details for deadlines and submissions and information on whether workbenches will be used or not will only be available when the contest officially starts on 22nd June. Each round will run for 2 weeks. There will then be a 1 week gap to allow for voting and processing and the next round will then start right away. We cannot be any more specific than this as the number of rounds depends on the number of sign ups. We understand this is slightly unusual, however this is to control when people start their entries for the first round and to ensure that the contest is as fair as possible. Please be aware that screenshots of competition work is not permitted, if work is shown anywhere in public, including at other sites, you will be disqualified.

We have tried to cover all areas of the contest but feel free to ask questions about remaining unclarities.

SIGNED UP:

1) Louis!
    2) Liampie
    3) nin
    4) ottersalad
    5) inthemanual
    6) FK+Coastermind
    7) FredD
    8] robbie92
    9) -piggynator-
    10) SSSammy
    11) gdb
    12) 5dave
    13) PizzaWurscht
    14) Coasterbill
    15) Mr.Brightside711
    16) PokeCoasterEmpires
    17) Rawrylol
    18) Kevarchitect
    19) ][ntamin22
    20) Faas
    21) RCT2day
    22) JimmyLaessig
    23) Chocotopian
    24) Coupon
    25) csw
    26) Roomie
    27) Shotguns?
    28) JJ
    29) TwistedSteel
    30) Maverix
    31) disneylandian192
    32) Stoksy
    33) XCars
    34) Corkscrewy
    35) Mattk48
    36) Pacificoaster
    37) papaya
    38) bdawgtk1982
    39) Marshmallow Peeps
    40) Sulakke
    41) Sey
    42) In:Cities
    43) navalin
    44) GammaZero
    45) CreepingMan
    46) Kumba
    47) Loopy
    48) Dimi
    49) AdamPlaysGames
    50) Fisch
    51) Spudzilla21
    52) ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt
    53) RCTBeast
    54) meznator
    55) thirteen
    56) CHE
    57) Wouter VL
    58) Ride6
    59) Version1
    60) Airtime
    61) Camcorder22
    62) Richie
    63) Ling
    64) BasDeBeer
    65) Da_Cool
    66) wheres_walto
    67) Chrixz
    68) Noahnator3
    69) Milo
    70) JJayMForce
    71) Cuervo
  • nin%s's Photo
    Im quite surprised we didnt get Park Wars this year.

Sign me up please.
  • ottersalad%s's Photo

count me in.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

As long as I can take time off during the first two weeks of July, I'm in.

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

Sign me up please

Has a time-period been set up for entries? I have a trip planned for the 26th of June, so i'm wondering how long each round will be, as i may be out of town at the end of the first one. 

FK

• FredD%s's Photo

Count me in!

• robbie92%s's Photo

Well shit, the one context I have the (lack of) attention span and the time for...

Sign me up, I guess.

• -Piggynator-%s's Photo

This is my first one so i don't know if i'll be good.

but i can always improve and this will be fun so count me in!

• SSSammy%s's Photo

okay then

• Lotte%s's Photo

i'm in

everybody prepare to get your ass kicked

• 5dave%s's Photo

How much time will be for each round? Would be nice to know for people if they go on vacation for 1-2 weeks or so...

If this gets somehow worked out then I'm in I suppose.

"MFG"

• Louis!%s's Photo

Apologies for the lack of schedule. This is because we do not know how long the contest will go on for because the number of rounds is determined by the amount of people signed up.

Because of this, we cannot release the schedule until the start of the contest, however I can say that:

The contest starts on 22nd June. Each round will run for 2 weeks. There will then be a 1 week gap to allow for voting and processing and the next round will then start right away.

Essentially, a round will take place every 3 weeks but the deadline is only 2 weeks long.

Edits to the front post:

-Key text highlighted in bold.

• PizzaWurscht%s's Photo

Really cool , i like it , sign me up ^^ Maybe this will be my first contest .

-sign me up.

• Liampie%s's Photo

okay then

I assume this is a yes, which is awesome!

To those not feeling confident enough: remember that last edition, a new and unknown member called Camcorder22 wrecked everything and everyone, finishing 3rd out of 64. In Micro Madness, anything can happen. Especially in this new format...

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Sign me up too! This sounds like a lot of fun.

• Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo

I'm in :D

• Poke%s's Photo

I'll join.

• trav%s's Photo

Probably the contest I wanted least, but hey I appreciate that you guys put in the effort for any contest at all ;) 

Sign me up

• Kevarchitect%s's Photo
    Sign me up! Micro madness has always been my favorite contest to watch. I guess I should join this time!
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading