aerialm2776.png

RCT2Day (#3) - Copperhead

aerialm2764.png

XCars (#6) - Hatari

aerialm2763.png

ottersalad (#7) - Falling Shores

aerialm2777.png

How to vote?
    First of all, check out all the entries in this match. If you can't view one or more entries, for example if you don't own LL, then please, do NOT vote.
    Once you've viewed all 4, select your favourite and second favourite in the polls above.
    After 3 days, we will close the poll, the results of the two polls will be added together, and the 2 highest scoring entries will proceed to the next round.
    Comments on the individual parks have been disabled, so please leave your comments below.

Anyone found to be voting on their own match up will be disqualified from voting.

Anyone found to be voting when they cannot view all 4 entries will be banned from NE.

Votes are public and so any cheating of the system, betrayal of honesty or mistrust will be picked up on and will be dealt with.

• Lotte%s's Photo

real difficult vote on this one, currently deciding wether to vote RCT2day or ottersalad's micro second. RCT2day's micro looked very good, but ottersalad was the only one in this matchup who got creative, which i think is very important in a micro

• Maverix%s's Photo

Loved loved loved Dimi's.  Great coaster/ technical work with stunning scenery.  Fantastic job.

RCT2day took 2nd for me.  Some of the better NCSO I've seen, and nice to see somebody take on GCI's shuttle coaster design. 

• Version1%s's Photo

I get missing data file when I try to open Dimis park. Can I vote if that's not getting solved or am I not allowed, because I'm not able to see it ingame?

• Faas%s's Photo

Good matchup!

This was the order for me.

1. Dimi
    Amazing little park. Cool to see it's not square. Architecture and ride design were what I expected from you. I don't exactly know how much Arrested Development you worked in there because I don't watch it.

2. RCT2Day
    Really solid. Amazing rollercoaster which I want to ride in real life. Cool architecture. Shame there were no peeps. I love peeps.

3. ottersalad
    For me this wasn't really creative at all, the multiple levels has been done before and especially the bottom layer was pretty boring. There was not a lot going on. You could have added peeps and made something interesting of the coaster with theming. Also don't call a Wild Mouse 'Wild Mouse'.

4. XCars
    Not bad, but not enough content or creativity. In a lot of matchup you would have been number three though. ;)

• Coasterbill%s's Photo
    This is a really solid matchup. I wish I could vote but I won't be able to see them in game until after the deadline. All 4 are really cool though. Dimi's is so ace.
  • ida%s's Photo

Ooh, cool micros! Really interesting how nearly all of them have variations in the land size. I'll check all of them.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I get missing data file when I try to open Dimis park. Can I vote if that's not getting solved or am I not allowed, because I'm not able to see it ingame?

Don't vote yet, because I've probably made a mistake with the file and will fix it shortly. What dat are you missing?
  • Version1%s's Photo

Don't vote yet, because I've probably made a mistake with the file and will fix it shortly. What dat are you missing?

It says: ID: NESU03/a lot of numbers

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Try it again.
  • Version1%s's Photo

Try it again.

Now it works

• Louis!%s's Photo

silly liam is silly

• Ling%s's Photo

So many 30min inspection times - you're all noobs. :p

I liked the running theme of "elongated map with a central coaster design", whether or not that was intentional. Hatari probably had my favorite layout, but the map needed some other tall objects to balance it. Trees on the empty squares in the corners or something. The Janitor's Jinx was very nearly flawless, although I would have liked to have seen a more original coaster style or something actually having to do with the theme rather than just some very pretty buildings. Copperhead was a good idea that just didn't really hold my attention, and Falling Shores was one of the best ideas of the competition with severely lacking execution. The top layer was nice, the bottom layer just felt like you just went "Oh I guess I need something there too." A map full of different foliage palettes to give it a garden feel might have worked a lot better.

• ottersalad%s's Photo
    I don't want to say much because I'm afraid any comment I make would effect the voting on my entry, but I agree thus far with everyone's commentary on my micro.

I really enjoy Dimi's architecture, but the ride itself isn't very interesting.

Copperhead is the best entry in my opinion. Nice NCSO work and a cool concept that isn't necessarily original, but I haven't seen it in game yet.

Hatari is cool, but a very simple layout and isn't very captivating. I know realism shouldn't be a huge factor, but that ride looks very painful with only tight turns. There isn't much theming either. I still like the little rock arch over the queue and the station is nice and simple.
  • thirteen%s's Photo

tough round. my votes go to copperhead (very nice coaster, pretty foliage, nice atmosphere NCSO) and the janitor jinx. i didnt quite understand the falling shores one and hatari was just not popping enough for me. great work though guys!

• FredD%s's Photo

4. Ottersalad

Clearly an interesting concept, but you didn't execute it quite good. I don't get what's the meaning of the floating islands and falling waterfalls? Don't look like it has a surplus so it seems unnecessary for me. Coaster layout nothing special, just like the archy. 

3. XCars

You made a very interesting woodie! It looked like so much fun to ride. The station could have been done a little bit more detailed but that's no biggie. Really decent micro, but unfortunately there were 2 better micros in your group...

2. RCT2Day

This is just one of the best, or maybe even the best, NCSO I've seen! Only discovered it was NCSO when I opened it in-game, it's just so detailed for a NCSO work. Als big up for chosing the GCI boomerang layout! Original choice.

1. Dimi

Great archy, great coaster. Dimi, Belgian greatness. Congratulations! 

• Poke%s's Photo

4. Ottersalad

A really cool concept however it was dull and flat. Not really sure if there was a set theme either.

3. RCT2day

As much as I love your ncso, all of the techniques you've used here I've seen before so they didn't really excite me as much. Cool coaster though.

2. Xcars

I loved this. It was so cute and I loved the little stall and the station.

1. Dimi

Really cool coaster and architecture.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Dimi: Was waiting for someone to use an elongated map. As good as it gets really; this matchup was very much about trying to make a micro around a coaster for the most part. Quite simply, I think that you did it best. Really solid architecture in conjunction with a nice coaster.

RCT2Day: Seriously good. You have a way of extracting so much atmosphere out of NCSO it's quite a pleasure to look at. Definitely up there with the better entries so far. That small lake somehow added so much to this; quality.

Xcars: I actually quite liked this; thought there were some nice things but really wish that you had done more with the entrance plaza. You have one quite simplistic stand there but nothing else; surely this was peepable. Decent coaster, nice to see a loop I thought; definitely unique.

ottersalad: Interesting idea that really lacked execution. Like has been said before the lowest level was really not great at all; there wasn't really much atmosphere at all here. Also, why wouldn't you black tile an area large enough so all islands could be viewed from each angle?

• Louis!%s's Photo

1) Xcars

Whilst its only a layout, it was a damn good layout and you should be proud. Never has a loop felt so natural on a woodie before. So much flow and a nice little station to top it off. Nice job.

2) RCT2day

Nice to see more NCSO from you, you are getting really good at it. Great use of the backtrack concept for a micro, solid 2nd place.

3) Dimi

I really wanted to vote this higher, but I felt that i'd seen it all before. I'd seen a LIM bowl in a park of yours before and whilst the layout is different, I couldn't help but think it was slightly recycled. On top of that, the surroundings weren't amazing, I've seen much better from you. Your work is normally full of atmosphere, but it wasn't present in this. I hope to see much more from you in the next rounds.

4) ottersalad

Great idea, shame about the execution. I'm guessing you ran out of time. The top island was lovely, the next islands not that bad, but the bottom wasn't good at all. I've seen much better from you before, and was a shame to not see it in this contest. Better luck next time.

• 5dave%s's Photo

Copperhead - RCT2Day
    Really nice and unique NCSO ride I must say. Really liked the small details like the flower pots, the queue line and the fencing. My only suggestion would have been to add peeps, but that would've been to difficult on this small area I suppose. Very nice work!

Falling Shores - Ottersalad
    While I like the idea, it kinda felt like it wasn't thought through that much. There's nothing connecting the different levels and the theme together. Right now it's just 3 different levels without any connection besides the waterfall. Why not build a ride that connects those layers? But I really liked the idea behind it.

Hatari - XCars
    Similar to Copperhead in concept, but still different. It felt kinda bare in spots (in terms of details and foliage). As with Copperhead it is missing something that make it pop - maybe a giant sculpture? Layout is nice, although the loop is taken awfully slow - you should've dropped the predrop and make the lift a little higher IMO. Also clean and nice - I like it!

The Janitor's Jinx - Dimi
    Nice spaghetti bowl - fits well in this contest! Architecture and ride is really good - what I don't like is the fact that I dont really get the theme - what has this to do with a Janitor? Also the queue line isn't that well integrated and those colors on the coasters could have been better. But all in all a very solid entry!

"MFG"

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading