Round 2

aerialm2804.png
    AdamPlaysGames (#7) - Arabian Flights

aerialm2803.png
    Liampie (#1) - The Inspiration Well

aerialm2805.png
    RCT2day (#3) - Sorin Bridge

How to vote?
    First of all, check out all the entries in this match. If you can't view one or more entries, for example if you don't own LL, then please, do NOT vote.
    Once you've viewed all 3, select your favourite in the poll above.
    After 3 days, we will close the poll and the highest scoring entry will proceed to the next round.
    Comments on the individual parks have been disabled, so please leave your comments below.

Anyone found to be voting on their own match up will be disqualified from voting.

Anyone found to be voting when they cannot view all 3 entries will be banned from NE.

Votes are public and so any cheating of the system, betrayal of honesty or mistrust will be picked up on and will be dealt with.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

before i download and vote on this, i must say wow there's some really creative usage of height here. makes me kind of nervous for my own matchup :p

i'll vote when i do a MM round 2 review stream, but if anyone else is interested in doing one i won't stop them

• Faas%s's Photo

1. I voted for Liampie in this one. Pure creativity, and I love dinghy slides.
    2. The sorin bridge was also really well made, but there were no peeps and the rides were all testing, that's what made you my number two sadly.
    3. Good effort and cool idea, but the architecture kept it down for me. The layout of the coaster was also pretty weird.  

• 5dave%s's Photo

Arabian Flights - AdamPlaysGames
    Not too sure about this one. I like how the coaster is tying the map together, the coaster itself however is kinda awkward (those fast helices, those strange changes in steepness and that ending). The architecture is solid and I liked the clouds those structures sit on. All in all nice entry but not the best of those three...!

Sorin Bridge - RCT2day
    Really great NCSO stuff there. I wished I could see the whole coaster and not just that little part, though! I liked the landscaping especially, and the bridge (although I'm not sure about using brick on top of a timber construction). Nice work to bring this to life with those clever fake rides! Nice work!

The Inspiration Well - Liampie
    You and your crazy humor, haha! Really unique theme and great ideas - the naming of the rides and stalls was hilarious. I just don't get why the statue has no head? The dinghy ride was nice, and so were the temple structures and landscaping. I can only guess where you got that idea, haha! Good job all in all!

"MFG"

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

omg liam you didn't

Damn, these matchups are getting crazy competitive.  From the overviews I honestly had no idea who I was gonna vote for, but things got easier once I opened them in-game.

Adam, your park looked the coolest from the overview, but it just wasn't quite as detailed as I was hoping.  Particularly the blue floor of the park stood out to me in a bad way.  But, what do I know?  I lost in round 1.  :

RCT, I really really really wanted to vote for your park.  I came very close.  I still am not 100% percent on my choice.  If the coaster you had was operational I would have voted for you with no hesitation, but I was just waiting and waiting for it to go.  Great NCSO work, don't be surprised if you pull the upset this round.

Liam... I laughed out loud when I realized what this was, and the brown fountains kept me amused for a few minutes.  I can definitely see your 2 micros being two parts of the same map.

• FredD%s's Photo

RCT2Day, great NCSO work but I felt it was a shame we only got a bit of a huge coaster. No peeps either, but the landscaping and foilage made it still atmospheric. Good job on the brigde. I didn't get AdamPlaysGames micro. Coaster layout was weird and did not like the archy very much. Winner is Liampie, making a micro about shitting :D  Genius! 

• Poke%s's Photo

1) Liampie

This was just hilarious. An original and creative theme and it was just a blast to look at. Really nice.

2) RCT2Day

Nice ncso as always. Very clean and serene and pretty landscaping. As mentioned though above though, shame there was no peeps and running coaster.

3) AdamPlaysGames

Cool idea just wasn't finished enough. Layout was strange too.

• zxbiohazardzx%s's Photo

Liampie: omg i never laughed so damn hard about a MM entry. Golden! this one got my vote

RCT2Day: damn i love the coaster layout part of this MM, gives me inspiration. Lovely but not as good as Liampie for me

AdamPlaysGames: Ive seen better versions of flying air castle's and this one just did not cut it for this round

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

AdamPlaysGames-great idea, but as micro madness has show us, your idea has to keep giving. It has to be a theme with tons of details and parts to it, and while your park was good, it lacked all the little bits to keep the viewer interested

RCT2Day-If these were full sized parks, this would have won for me. Damn is this nice, well built, yet detailed, and SOO pleasing compositionally. The only placed it fell through was this is micro madness, and history has proven, you have to keep the audiences attention, and rarely do "snapshot" parks of bigger areas do that. This was great, but i just wanted to see the rest of the rides. you gotta have those details that keep on giving.

Liam-beat out rct2day by a smide, mainly because of your detailed ideas and the "entire package" feel to the concept. This was just fun, very tongue n cheek. I would have liked to see a little bit more, maybe some interiors or a full coaster, but definitely the most put together of these entries.

vote: Liampie

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Another close one.

AdamPlaysGames: This was actually a really cool idea, but unfortunately the execution was severely lacking. Also not entirely sure what an angel necessarily has to do with the Arabian theme, something flying carpet related (although you did have a flying carpet ride) would have been better in my opinion. Overall, really cool idea but some meh architecture let you down. Keep improving!

Liampie: The sculpture was really quite incredible, although I'm also interested as to why it didn't have a head. As ideas go this was certainly 'out-there' and as a result I actually really enjoyed this. Somehow you crammed a number of rides in and still made it look quite cohesive. The naming was a particular highlight, just bringing together another quality micro from you.

RCT2Day: Oh how I wish I could vote for this...Really great atmosphere I found, and loved the idea of the 'fake' log flume. I also had the idea of having a portion of a ride and building the micro around but, as is evident here, you really have to sacrifice a lot of the guest interaction that really makes micros 'come-alive.' Like with Liampie's entry, I got some enjoyment out of the shop names (Babe Roof was a particular favourite) but I just felt that, like Fk said, this would have been a stunning area in a full-scale park but just doesn't push the boundaries as a quality micro should.

Liampie...just.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Arabian Flights: First of all kudos to you for submitting something even though you had to rush. Overall I really didn't get it though. The chairlift station was nice and the concept was interesting but there just wasn't enough there (which I'm sure is because you ran out of time).

Sorin Bridge: This was a very nice submission. I'd love to see this area expanded into a full design or park but unfortunately it didn't seem to fit a micro madness style contest. I still really liked this though.

The Inspiration Well: This entry was fantastic. I love the concept of "What Happens Next" and "Explosive Diarrhea", looking at ride names was half the fun here (that slide... lol). The toilet, newspaper and guy sitting on it were really well done. Great job. This was easily the winner of this matchup.

• AdamPlaysGames%s's Photo

If you just judge the tall white tower that the drop of the rollercoaster goes in, and have that be my whole micro ignoring everything else, my entry's half decent...

Nahh, I rushed my park loads. The whole thing was going to be tall thin towers that went up really tall and had the coaster weaving in and out and whatnot. I might make something proper out of the concept because I like the whole idea of flying Arabian buildings.

Congrats to whoever wins! Sorry I couldn't properly participate.

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

Really wish you would have finished Adam, sounds like your idea was pretty epic. 

Rct2day, thought it was nice, just nothing really set it apart, for me.  Having tons of peeps could have helped I guess.  The combination of ncso and not a whole lot going on made it hard to like this one. 

Had to go with Liam.  Everything was so clever and funny, and the structures looked nice.  The funniest thing though, is that you are going to go through with such a shitty entry.. =)

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

3. Arabian Flights.

I thought the cable car into the park was a really cool idea, and it was great to the see the peeps enter the empty area two by two, slowly filling it up.  Each building had a purpose, which was nice, but I felt that a little more detailing on the Azazel and Skyrail stations could’ve really added to the theme.  I also liked the idea of setting the area on floating clouds, but I think this could’ve been developed further, with more detail on the clouds themselves, or even just getting rid of the blue base (which I felt made the whole thing seem too close to the ground). The touches of colour, particularly the yellows and pinks, were a great choice in my opinion, and really worked well against the whites and creams.  In all, a very good entry.

2. Sorin Bridge

I really appreciated the clever hiding of the log flume track, giving the appearance of a partial ride while having it fully operational.  It was subtly done and meant that the area had a nice bit of movement – quite important giving that the coaster unfortunately couldn’t go.  The foliage was beautifully done too, I felt, with the purple and yellow hints adding to the rich greenery, and some excellent rock work to compliment too.  The trackitecture was seamless and highly effective in adding to the bridge, and the stall names were ridiculous (but very funny).  Lots of great touches and an impressive overall atmosphere.

1. The Inspiration Well.

Outstanding.  For such an outrageous theme it was done so well.  Had there been a god of faeces, this is how they would’ve been worshipped.  The names of everything were hilarious – staff and rides included – and the colour combinations worked surprising well, considering what all the brown was representing.  The way the tower bursts through the building is a fantastic touch, and the main structure and statue are obviously glorious in their execution.  A very creative, comical and well constructed entry and definitely one of my favourites so far.  1st place from me.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

I guess it's time to congrats Liampie on the shittiest micro ever.  I suppose I can take solace in that my entry literally lost to shit but whatever.  Nice job sir, you deserved it.

My entry unfortunately had to be rushed and it didn't come out as well as I had planned it in my head.  Thanks for the compliments guys.  I'm taking a break from RCT2 for a little while now, but I do plan on finishing this entry and making a design and then incorporating it into a full-scale park.

Good luck Liam.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Voting Closed

Winner: Liampie with 24 votes (proceeds to next round)

Runner-up: RCT2DAy with 8 votes (proceeds to wildcards)

3rd place: AdamPlaysGames with 1 vote (is eliminated from Micro Madness 2014)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading