H2H7 / [H2H7 Round 2 Match 3] - Italian Stallions vs Hurricanes

Which park is best?

1. Italian Stallions - Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Damned 10 votes [41.67%]
    • Otsdarva
    • macncheezburger
    • Goliath123
    • csw
    • SSSammy
    • Twitch
    • Dinosaurs
    • Coasterbill
    • MCI
    • Ling
    Percentage of vote: 41.67%
  2. Hurricanes - The Pridelands 14 votes [58.33%]
    • inthemanual
    • Liampie
    • RCTER2
    • Cocoa
    • Whitehawk
    • BelgianGuy
    • Freizeitfan
    • 5dave
    • pashearer23
    • PRMEshockzzNE
    • lightkeeper
    • geewhzz
    • Xtreme97
    • Louis!
    Percentage of vote: 58.33%
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

post-10985-0-59536900-1428083604_thumb.p

Round 2 | Match 1

Attached Image: 193px_italianstallions.png VS Attached Image: 193px_hurricanes.png

Italian Stallions - Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Damned (LL)

1899.png

VS

Hurricanes - The Pridelands (RCT2)

1900.png

How to vote:
    - This season we're back to using polls to count the votes. THE POLL WILL OPEN IN 24 HOURS.
    - Everyone but players belonging to either team in the match may vote.
    - You can only vote if you have viewed both parks in game.
    - Voting will be monitored and anyone found to be abusing votes in any way will be punished.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Let the battle of Disney franchises begin.

• Maxwell%s's Photo

I have such a raging pride rock right now.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Pridelands is probably my favorite park of h2h7.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

The .wav file was missing from the Italian Stallions' park for the first several downloads. This has been corrected. If you're missing it, please re-download the file.

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

My foot is so far in my mouth it's coming out of my ass.  I've never been so in love with anything I've seen in RCT in my entire life.  Everywhere I look I'm amazed.  

- The two trains on Be Prepared follow closely after each other because they represent Simba and Nala chasing each other

- You guys actually made a statue of the animal stack in "I Just Can't Wait to be King"

- The Hakuna Matata waterfalls

- Really interesting to see both you guys and Heaven's Atlas making murals out of the deco stones this week

- That entrance sign is so chaotic but somehow just works perfectly

- I'm so glad you chose to include a music file with multiple songs, it really brings the atmosphere to a whole new level

- "Guests are hungry and can't find anywhere to buy food" ... perfect.  Just perfect

- Reading through the ride quotes was so nostalgic

- The murals are so good: Rafiki's Simba drawing and Scar's face are my favorites

Amazing, amazing job

• Cocoa%s's Photo

wow! h2h has been astounding so far, and continues to amaze me!

I've spent about 15 minutes in each so far and have some time, so here's my initial reviews.

Indiana Jones:

I was super excited about this from the outset. I love adventure-track rides, like in the good old days of coaster ed and phatage. Watching those rides is always a joy, and a natural choice for LL in h2h. And Indy has so much stuff to draw on for an adventure ride, I thought it was a fantastic idea. If you didn't get my drift, I was let down a bit. Not to say it was bad, there were awesome bits for sure. The drop next to the skull was really frickin awesome. Really any of the actual showpiece bits (like the broken bridge) were well done... but there wasn't enough of them. It didn't really tell a story or go anywhere... it sort of just meandered through the trees. That brings me to the second complaint- foliage. I appreciate that the Yucatan is a jungle. But I think you went waaay overboard with filling every open tile with trees. There are so many awesome details around the park (wooden villages, camps, ruined walls etc) but you can barely see any of it because everything is trees, everywhere. It takes the detail and stomps it in the mud, which is a real dissapointment, because I can see the skill in the park. You need to think hard about tree placement to create atmosphere in LL- there were moments where that was clear, like in the fallen logs over the entrance to the pyramid. There was fantastic foliage placement there. But it seemed for the most part everything was just filled with trees (and bad choices in them too... I wouldn't have used those olive green horror trees). There's a difference between a unique foliage palette and a bad one... and I think this may have veered to the latter. But, most of the architecture was fantastic, just not quite hitting that mystical LL aesthetic/atmosphere (which I don't think is voided by modern codex... just look at Loopy's solos/current solo).

So overall... the park didn't work on the macro (overused phrase, I know, deal with it :p ). There are lots of awesome details, but you have to work hard to find them and distinguish them from the park. If I'd be voting on this as design, which I assume it is (?) I'd give it 70/100. 

lion king:

damn this park is fantastic. Love it. Its the right amounts of disney and BGA, done to perfection. Entrance area is perfect- beautiful atmosphere, archy, the vibe is just ride and the music is awesome. Layouts are spot on, worked in amazingly with their surroundings, great colors. Loved all the lion king stuff, you really did it perfectly (and luckily, I just watched lion king the other day! was on tv haha). Lots of references. I'm amazed at the quality of architecture in a park based on a movie with literally no humans or infrastructure. Thats where the bga comes in, I guess... the objects you made for the pointy rooves work perfectly, really amazing jobs with those buildings. Absolutely reminded me of the ones at BGA, once again, full of atmosphere, skill and control. Pride rock makes a great weenie (I've recently been informed of what that means :p ) and was executed brilliantly, with the stage in it. I hate those animatronic animal objects, but they demonstrate what they need to. Overall, fantastic park. Great use of detail and foliage vs open areas to give it room to breathe. And I never knew I could love piles and piles of that jungle bush so much! But somehow it works... I'd give this 85 or 90/100, depends how much I feel the park draws me back and sits in my mind. good job guys.

So anyway, those are first impressions, if they change I guess I'll update. But once again, amazing quality of work all around, go h2h

edit: just noticed the texas giant sign in the screen. lol

• Coasterbill%s's Photo
    Did you just? How the fuck? That trap door I don't even...

Okay anyone who doesn't have LL needs to stop reading this and go buy it right now so you can go look at that trap door. Holy fuck that's great! I'll write reviews of both parks later but I had to stop by and comment on that trap door because god damn...
  • Psi%s's Photo

Round 2 and we already got that 3 Disney park quota filled in. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Holy Shiza, that trap door effect is probably one of the coolest things I've seen ever.  Very cool layout on the coaster, really different and surprising.  Such a nice park, probably one of my favorites this season, well done.  But man, just cut down on the trees, kind of blocks some of the details.

• FredD%s's Photo

Have no LL so I can't vote or review the Stallions park (in fact, I do have a LL disc but I have no experience with that game at all so I couldn't rate it fair so I won't).

The Pridelands

Damn, one of the best parks in the contest so far. The Lion King theme was very recognizable so very well integrated in the park, good job. It's one of my favorite Disney movies, it brought up child memories lol. The big rock was excellent, but that goes for almost the whole park. Honestly, couldn't find anything I disliked. Perhaps the layout of the mine train coaster was not that special but it wasn't bad either. To talk about coaster lay-outs: Stampede was AWESOME! Probably the best coaster in H2H7 in my opinion. I also loved the white restaurant at the back of Stampede, awesome archy! Overall this park was so atmospheric, especially with the music. One of my favorites.

Oh it's also fun you guys placed hidden Mickeys in the park. Found 5 of them so far.

• Sulakke%s's Photo

What happened to Simba and Mufasa in the park? They are on the screen, but in-game the rock is empty. :(

Will give a review as soon as posible.

• Version1%s's Photo

I consider installing LL just to vote for the Pridelands

• thirteen%s's Photo
    *Censored*
  • csw%s's Photo

I consider installing LL just to vote for the Pridelands

I don't understand posts like this.

What's so wrong with LL that you don't even consider giving LL parks a chance? That's pretty closed-minded if you ask me. 

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Wow, Pridelands may be one of my favourite parks this season! I love the atmosphere, architecture, rides (yes. all of them), music, landscaping.. So much to love and it's so apparent the creators had a lot of fun with it! Seeing this in the early stages and how it turned out the way it is now is really amazing.

The only thing that I didn't really like was that shrubbery on the raised land behind most of the buildings. I think it's an easy way out and there could've been done more with the buildings..

Indiana Jones had it's moments, like those amazing hacks on the coaster (love that fall into that pit, so fitting) and the general atmosphere. There's just not enough content to be able to compete with Pridelands imo, but what was there was nice I guess..

• G Force%s's Photo
    Come on guys, where are the reviews?
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Come on guys, where are the reviews?

Where's your review?

Patience young man. The poll hasn't even opened yet. There are two amazing parks here. If you build it, the reviews will come.

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

Wow Six Frags not complaining about graphics that don't fit into RCT.

• geewhzz%s's Photo

Wow this is a really tough decision.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading