• Da_Cool
    • SSSammy
    • Jonny93
    • Louis!
    Percentage of vote: 35.85%
  • Liampie%s's Photo

post-10985-0-59536900-1428083604_thumb.p

Round 3 | Match 2

Attached Image: 193px_robberbarons.png VS Attached Image: 193px_heavensatlas.png

Robber Barons - Erlebnispark Raubritter (RCT2)

1927.png

VS

Heaven's Atlas - Calico Canyon Adventure Park(RCT2)

1926.png

How to vote:
    - This season we're back to using polls to count the votes. THE POLL WILL OPEN IN 24 HOURS.
    - Everyone but players belonging to either team in the match may vote.
    - You can only vote if you have viewed both parks in game.
    - Voting will be monitored and anyone found to be abusing votes in any way will be punished.

NEW RULE: next match will be posted in 24 hours, on the condition that the first match has at least 15 reviews of both parks. If not, the next match will be posted in 48 hours instead of 24.

• Austin55%s's Photo

DO I SPY AN RMC

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

NOT ONLY ONE!

• Wanted%s's Photo

Ooooooooooooo love that dueler

• turbin3%s's Photo

Calico Canyon Adventure Park:

+ I really liked the duelling coasters, good work on the timing and in general nice interaction with the...

+ ...landscaping.

+ the slingshot was well executed

+ Revolver sign on the lift, AMAZING!

+ nice bridge/coaster interaction

Unfortunately these were the only positive aspects in your park, I'm sorry.

- architecture: boring and on a low level

- the parks looks extremely rushed, staff isnt named etc.

I am very sorry, but overall 50% - 55% from my side.

Erlebnispark Raubritter:

+ Schloss Neuschwanstein, lovely architecture and nice detailing (interior etc.)

+ generally good architecture

+ Flugshow

+ nice landscaping, maybe a bit too messy with all these little rocks

+ Rückkehr vom Tod: nice idea!

+ Rübezahl has a good layout, unfortunately peeps are hardly getting to that area of the park (only 2-3 on the coaster)

+ the mountainbike Anfängerkurs, while executed great...

- ...maybe a bit to unrealistic in a theme park

- whirlpool, same as the mountainbike tour

To be honest I can't find big issues on this park, so well done. 75%.

I'll have another look tomorrow, but these parks are not on the same level. Still, good work from both sides.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

The bike jump is sweet, would have fit into our park perfectly! :D

I'll do a full review later, but it's nice to see some different ideas in these two parks... looking forward to exploring more... should be a good contest with the Barons!

• Austin55%s's Photo

Alright I'm gonna try something different and post as I view the park. I've started with Calico.

First thought is that it feels super old school. More h2h5 than 7, which is'nt a bad thing. Lots of rather simple archy, big dramatic landscaping which is mostly just simple stock textures. It nearly feels ncso. 

Aight watching this RMC now. Pretty spectacular! love the first drop, the use of double ups or downs on nearly every drop or rise, and the dive loop thingos ar fantastic. Also love how the coaster uses the pedestrian bridges. And nearly a perfect duel! Awesome layouts. 

Whats this huge radio tower for? Nothing I guess. Looks well done though. 

Super shot is cool. So is cliff hanger. And the cliff jumps. 

Cavern Tours, neat, I wished I could see underground though. I want to go on one. 

So then I followed the plane a bit. At first It didn't do anything but then the parachute happened and  I was like holy shit! That is so cool. 

I've now started to look closer and am wondering how incomplete this park is. For example, the staff naming is all over the place. Most of them have none despite being in places where they seem like they should be telling a story. Some staff havent even been placed in the park. The line cutting furry gave me a chuckle though. Some of the cliff, rocks, and foliage work near the RMC's finale is way better than elsewhere in the park. 

Overall a park that had some brilliant hacks and honestly held my attention for quite a while, the RMC was amazing and glad that someone has built a good one finally, some of the scenery was rather lackluster. 

The parachute jump and RMC's dive loops are the two most memorable moments for me. 

• Fisch%s's Photo

Alright I'm gonna try something different and post as I view the park. I've started with Calico.

Please use this method again in future reviews, it's pretty cool!

• Coasterbill%s's Photo
    I agree... I'm stealing that idea lol.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

I think the Barons might have picked the most boring part of their park for that screen. 

Both of these are pretty cool. Lots of neat little hacks and things to find all over both parks.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Robber Baron's park right now. Amazing atmosphere. Amazing.

and I agree with inthemanual about the SS. :p

• G Force%s's Photo
    Maybe that's to lower expectations? Allow the park to impress rather than disappoint based on the impression of the screen.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

I opened Earlspark Peanutbutter 2nd because the screen looked less interesting, and I really wanted to see that RMC. 

First thought- I should learn German. No idea what that opening message means. I went to my garage and read through my Volkswagen's owners manual but it did'nt help. Usually when I need to figure out german I can do that becuase the manual is written in two halves, so I can go to the corresponding page to figure out what these words mean. (I did'nt actually do this)

Love the castle! Look at mob boss rob, being King and shit. And Liam, to funny. The castle looks like Schloss Newspaghettiien or whatever the real one is called. The real one is way cooler than this little thing, kinda wish ya'll did more with that in rct. I had suggested early on to our team we should use that as a centerpeice to a park, but we didnt. Its so cool. 

The archy down below is great though! Exactly what I'd expect from a Rob lead team. It actually looks very 5dave. Maybe even GDB. But none of these guys are on Rob's team. Pretty basic cityscape+coaster combo but done well. Ofcourse I still hear lion king music as I've not changed it out lol. This does not fit. 

Love the use of darker path in he other area, sets it off well. Solid layout there with Rapunzel. Love the strudel to, not what I'm used to. I'm assuming this one is blueberry flavored. 

Bird show. This is becoming a trademark of Rob related things at this point. 

Boomerangs are usually trashed for being boring and terrible, but it works well here. Probably one of the best things to put in a tight spot like that. The orange building behind it strikes me as looking very Liam like, oddly. 

By this point, I've pretty much realized already I prefer this park to the other one. 

Wait, is that another river rapids? Another challenge course? wtf? Again, both are well done. The rafting truck and trailer though! So cool. Love how the park is in two halves now, rural and urban. 

I saw the bits of wood coaster over by the challenge course and thought it was odd to have 2 wooden coasters in one park, then I realized, mountain bikes! Look at this! I've spent quite a while watching this run its course now, so cool. A "wow" moment for sure. And coups must love the #coupslift. 

The zipline is cool, but I can't figure out this little area? Is that rockwall meant to be climbed? Why is the area sandy rather than grassy and rocky? A bit confused on that. 

Do love all the other details, shacks, the outhouse, tents, whatnot. 

Seen the whole thing now really, just going back over it all. Really like it, very cohesive as a whole and some very fun parts to it. Unlike HA, the scenery through is just really great, and you guys also included some very fun and clever hacks, (though atlas still wins for best hack/idea with the parachute) the coasters where a bit lackluster but the bikes where the best and most exciting attraction about this. Not something many parks have where the most exciting ride isn't a coaster!

Just going back through again. That water wheel is pretty bad lol. Loveing the outdoor and 2nd level queue for the chairlift. Just noticing some of the staff now to, pretty funny scenes with flat tires and crashed rafts. Nice to see no STD's being spread. I left my computer for a few minutes to go run an errand and came back and everyhting was still working, no crashes, no bad peep jams, etc. That's always nice to see to. 

Both parks are really a lot of fun and entertaining, HA offered more "wow!" moments for me, but overall RB's park is just much more engaging and more well done, more complete feeling. 

• wheres_walto%s's Photo
    God dammit austin hahahahaha your German is so american
  • csw%s's Photo

"Earlspark Peanutbutter" is very well-executed, I'm loving the atmosphere. The mountain bike rides are awesome. I think you nailed the architecture, and I like the foliage too. Plus you have In The Hall of The Mountain King which is a big plus, I love that tune. +1 for custom music here. 

I'm also loving Calico Canyon. The hacks are simply outstanding. Good ideas + good hacking = amazing. The landscaping is pretty awesome as well. However parts do seem a bit bare and/or rushed, and there wasn't too much in terms of outstanding architecture. 

On first looks this one should go easily to the Barons...but Calico Canyon deserves another look. Can't decide. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Heavens Atlas:

The coaster was decent, the first half was much better than the finale for both layouts.  Never really been a fan of the RMC coasters from a layout perspective though.  Using the mini coaster track layered onto the woodie track was pretty smart, definitely made it feel like more of an RMC because of this.  The architecture was ok, pretty obvious who build most of the buildings to me.  They fit the theme and all have purpose, so again, a nice job.  My favorite part had to be the skydiving plane ride and super shot, probably the first time I've seen a ride like that in game despite (at least the super shot) being so popular now in parks.  Kind of just wish there was more content here, seems like most of the park is water or empty.  Maybe it’s the lack of foliage (which is probably the weakest aspect of the park) that does this, the rides or architecture don’t seem to take up much room which is an issue here.  Overall, not my favorite park, maybe it’s the emptiness or color scheme that does this to me.

Robber Barons:

Another park which the builders seem pretty obvious to me, also another rope/obstacle course, which was interesting to see two parks go up against each other with similar rides like this.  The coaster was nice, definitely not as much of a centerpiece as the coaster was in HA's park.  Wild mouse was alright, but not the best I've seen, didn't really understand the point of a Boomerang coaster, but not really an issue with it either as it was done nicely.  Architecture was very beautiful, very true to the region I'd imagine, music added a nice touch of atmosphere to the park as well. Kind of wish that the builders provided an English version of the park, as I have no idea what anything is even after reading the Readme.  But not a big deal either.  The steeplechase/terrain rides was very well done, the layout was good, the terrain was very nice and the foliage was wonderful, as it was in the whole park.  But kind of like Heaven's park, not a lot here to keep my attention for any length of time, lots of nice things, but nothing super interesting.

Nice work by the teams, as creating two unique parks like this but keeping them feeling like actual parks is quite difficult to do.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

^is it just me, or is his font size always bigger :/

wow, two smaller adventure style parks against each other. haha (and I'm pretty sure I can guess at least one person on each park)

First up, Calico Canyon:

So this park is definitely intended to focus heavily on the high-thrill sort of premium attractions, and the landscaping. And I think you guys did a pretty great job on both counts. The slingshot is awesome (can't believe I haven't seen that before!), the parachuting trick is wicked, go-karts, high ropes course, whitewater rafting...etc etc. (would have loved to see the bungie jump working, that would be a really cool hack too). The landscaping is believable and interesting, and the foliage is pretty spot on too (where it exists). The RMC layout is also spot-on, exactly what they would build from scratch IMO. The dive loop turn bits (stengel dives?) looked really fluid and awesome in synchronization, and the mini coaster track worked really well IMO. A few cons though- yeah there's something not quite finished and/or rushed going on here, but its mostly not a big deal, except where the architecture suffers. I wish you guys would have gone further with the sort of modernized pseudo-western look, there's a lot of smaller and awkward looking structures and weird object choices. Especially the path choice is terrible (and I'm usually one for interesting paths...). Some bits were almost great, like the RMC station, which was unfortunately killed by the huge tower on the side. On the whole, I really do like the park. High silver for me. Its got some interesting and unique rides, landscaping and its also alive. But the architecture was definitely lacking, and there were some awkward and (comparatively) under-detailed sections, I imagine because of being rushed. 

I know I said I was excited for this atlas page thing, but IMO this park sort of betrayed it a little. Maybe I was imagining it wrong, but it seems you shoehorned a standard h2h park into this world/historical tour of a theme. IDK, was just a bit disappointed in that regard. If you guys had kept it as a 1900s mining thing also with sick rides (ala the last two h.a. parks) I would have loved that, but I really shouldn't comment on the parks you didn't make :p

Erlebnispark RobberBaron:

Firstly, loved the readme. :) secondly, I loved opening the park onto the castle. While I agree with Austin that I would have loved to see it even more prominently, I thought you guys pulled it off really well and the interior especially was sick. This park felt sort of like calico canyon, but with better (but different) architecture and polish. The landscaping/foliage was awesome, seems accurate, and a bit different too. Gave it a really cool atmosphere. I loved watching the dirt bikes go (although that river jump seems a bit unrealistic :p). The coaster layouts were spot-on in style to their realistic counterparts (and they looked good anyway), everything was layed out well. Lots of details (like the spa, I thought that was really cool!) to keep your attention. And fuck that hall of the mountain king music, that'll be stuck in my head all day. The architecture was pretty great, maybe a bit too much on the stick-and-frame in a couple places where it felt a bit overwhelming, but overall it was diverse enough and put together really well so I appreciated it. Really solid park all around, I really enjoyed it a lot and don't really have any faults with it. Good work guys!

My vote will probably go to the barons, but I'll keep exploring them and see what I decide.

• Ling%s's Photo

Erlebnispark Raubritter -

This park just makes me so happy to look at. I've never been to Germany but this makes me want to go. And the woodie's layout is just so classy. The castle rides a perfect line between intricate and uncluttered. The hot springs were also a cool touch I'd never have thought of. The boomerang fits well but is a little slow - another section on each end wouldn't go amiss. If I were to put forth a criticism, it would be that the mountain side of the map is a little barren, but the awesomeness of the downhill bike ride almost makes up for it. Good foliage selection all around, too. It's also not the most innovative park format all season, but I still just loved everything about it.

Calico Canyon Adventure Park -

Lots of big ideas with some... not-quite-there execution. This would be a lovely concept in the broader context of a fantasy spotlight, and it relies just a bit too much on the dueling RMCs Revolver v. Tomahawk, which are good but not stellar. They just kind of overpower everything. The structures give decent context but I don't think there are enough of them and they're just not really in the same league as the rest of the stuff this season. I like the setting, I like the imagination, it just needs more room to breathe.

• Angroc%s's Photo

Wow!I loved both of these.

Calico Canyon

- My favourite part was that little gondola ride. The stations look magnificent, and the surroundings look so nice. Just such a pictoresque view when you hover over it.

- The duelling coasters where awesome, with great interaction and use of diagonal tracks. I also like the steel coaster on wooden supports.

-Loved the little go cart track next to the gondola ride.

Erlebnispark

- Love how it started on top of the Neuschwanstein castle (sorry if I misspelled that : P ). The cut out is neat, and everything is matching the real thing pretty closely! Even the little picture on the wall.

- Great Bavarian theme. Some great architecture there.

- I liked the bike jumping ride. Its wacky and fun. Not too realistic for a theme park maybe, but that's not what I personally look for in RCT parks. : )

- Great obstacle course.

- I LOVED the little truck with the dingies on the flatbed. Such a nice little detail.

Both of these entries are so good I have hard time voting. There's pros and cons pulling things in both direction, but in the end, to me the coasters end up being the tiebreaker, so I might go with Calico Valley. Not 100% sure though. : /

• Stoksy%s's Photo

An interesting matchup in minimalism; which is I think a very interesting contrasting to the first matchup.

First impressions were that both parks seemed nice without overdoing it. I actually quite enjoyed the rather quaint feel that both parks seemed to have; with the heavy focus on extreme landscaping offering a unique comparison. I loved that there were unique rides in both parks; the slingshot in HA's park and the mountain biking from the Robber Barons. Shame about there not being the continuation of the boat theme, although I think that the flying birds that the Robber Barons have seemingly implemented in every park has maybe taken that mantle haha. Great to see an RMC as well.

Sorry for the chaotic form; just jotting down my first impressions and I'll get to a full review a bit later. Thanks to whoever made the 1/4 tile hp rock wall [especially the diagonal one]; I will be using that religiously for a while haha.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading