7. Thunderhead is weakest 0 votes [0.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 0.00%
  8. Way of The Dragon is weakest 1 vote [5.26%]
    • RWE
    Percentage of vote: 5.26%
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Here's how this works... download the map:

http://www.nedesigns...vivor-jk-tribe/

Take your time viewing all the 30x30 NCSO areas.

VOTE OUT the entry you feel is the weakest.

Every day after 24 hours a new poll will be started until a map has one "Survivor" left on each map. Once each map has a survivor, the two will face off to see who wins the contest in a final vote for the winner.

The maker of each area will remain anonymous until it is voted out.

R1 Posted at 11:51 PM EST
    Good luck everyone! :mantis:

• Ling%s's Photo

Weirdly I feel like a lot of these entries are just kind of in the middle. Some are technically great (Thunderhead), just like on map 1, and some are fun but otherwise lacking in apparent skill (Way of the Dragon, Dreamtime Manor). I think Way of the Dragon is my personal favorite, and I hope it gets near the top because that layout is just godly.

My vote this round goes to Rome/Luppiter. The idea of a bazaar is pretty apparent but I think this is a poor choice for a 30x30. It fills up just enough space to not leave you with anything else, which is why this boring coaster layout is shoehorned in around the edges. The foliage is pleasant and some of the architecture is decent, but on a macro scale this entry just does not work for me.

All that said, I think Lancelot, Gilroy Grove and Emperor are all weak areas for similar reasons, and choosing between those next will be more difficult.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Overall quality on this map is a bit lower than on the other map, but there's still some good stuff! I suspect the votings will be closer. As always, I'll post my feedback per area as it gets voted out.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

ooh there's a couple really good ones here, I think the order is a lot less obvious tbh. I'll give reviews as they get voted out this time, that's a better idea I reckon.

• Kumba%s's Photo

I think you can basically split this map down the middle. 4 weaker areas and 4 strong ones. Of the strong ones Thunderhead and Egypt are the best and one will content with BMvT to win the contest. Way of the Dragon could have been the best area, but was unfinished. Dreamtime Manor was great, but I just didn't feel it was as impressive as the others.

Iuppiter was my vote due to the dull coaster and mixed path textures. It just felt sloppy to me, but it was still pretty decent work and I liked most of the buildings.

• G Force%s's Photo

Emperor takes it for me, not by much though, similar quality to Iuppiter but slightly lower.

Thunderhead is by far my favorite of both maps though, Egypt and Way of The Dragon(although unfinished) are my next two favorites.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Well, you just may as well give the win to Thunderhead because it is the only obvious good one on the map. Thunderhead was also much better than the winning park from map 1 as well. 

• Ling%s's Photo

I'm surprised people like Thunderhead so much. It's pretty much exactly the same as Mako - technically very nice but otherwise very boring. Yet Mako got voted out first (of the finished areas) and people are saying Thunderhead should take the entire competition?

• G Force%s's Photo
    Despite both being realistic, there is a huge quality increase with thunderhead. Not to mention extremely effective useage of the map size to produce the best layout of the contest so far.
  • Coasterbill%s's Photo

Thunderhead is excellent, Way Of The Dragon was great too.

Egypt was cool but it did feel a little like they just built as much as possible to make it visually exciting and see what worked but for whatever reason I did enjoy it as it reminded me of scenario play despite the "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" vibe (I don't mean that like it sounds, sorry lol).

I feel like Lancelot is the weakest here. It's not bad by any means but the other entries seem like they had more time put into them and the finished product was a bit better.

• Kumba%s's Photo

With 13 votes... Iuppiter has been voted out

RWE, grab your torch. The tribe has spoken.

The next poll will be up in a few minutes...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading