NE Olympics '16 / NE Olympics General Thread

• Liampie%s's Photo
    We will mention this in an announcement later on, but no need to hold this information for you: due to logistical reasons the deadlines have been spread out a bit more to avoid having two deadlines in one week. This means the Parade of Flags is due on August 18th, not August 4th, for example. Check out the new dates in the first post here or in each discipline's own topic. Countdowns are also included for every discipline.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I think it's safe to say the Biathlon is the best round thus far, despite only six entries. Some damn nice work!
  • FredD%s's Photo

I think it's safe to say the Biathlon is the best round thus far, despite only six entries. Some damn nice work!

Now I'm very curious...  

• Zaiush%s's Photo

To be fair, if you guys want H2H-Next, Biathlon is easily the best place to go for it, and I'm hyped to see every other nation's entry.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Mid-Olympics Border Corrections

It's unfortunate that it is during this contest that the countries of Swagiland and the Southern Chillippines have dissolved. The Olympics are affected by such geopolitical events. Coincidentally, the former territories of Swagiland and the Southern Chillippines have been evenly divided over the other countries participating in the Olympics, thus giving the twelve players belonging to the dissolved teams the option to join a country of their choice and still be a part of the Olympics.

To facilitate this, the rules regarding the maximum country size and the maximum number of parkmakers per country have been modified. The maximum country size is now seven instead of six. This means that a country of six can take in one former Swagiland/Southern Chillppines player, while a country of four can take in three.

The players that concerns this have received a message and they have a week to let us know what country to join, if they do want to continue being a part of the Olympics. Each player joining a country will be announced as soon as possible. Players from other countries who are feeling abandoned may also qualify for getting this treatment, so please contact us if you feel this applies to you as well.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Coaster Rica is open for those who want to work with a bunch of hard-working peeps.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    If you're still interested in the contest and have been disappointed by WEAK AND UNWORTHY nations, the PROUD AND GLORIOUS ][TOPIA may have room for you. Message an ambassador today!
  • Faas%s's Photo

#Swexit

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Yeah weve got open spots too :)
  • alex%s's Photo

does the 2 parkmaker's max rule still stand?

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

does the 2 parkmaker's max rule still stand?

Doesn't appear to.
  • alex%s's Photo

oops. i should learn to read.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

What about giving inactive players in active teams the boot? Is that allowed? :p

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Of course although there is not really a point in doing so until the last moment.

Official news: bigshootergill has succesfully acquired Ni citizenship and is eligible to participate in Ni's Olympic team!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

How is the attrition rate on this contest comparing to others?  It feels like we're getting higher volume but lower overall quality, but I don't have the numbers to back it up.  Mind you, there's nothing wrong with that; NE has seen plenty of high-quality but low-volume contests over the years.  

Speaking for ][topia - I feel like longer time periods between events would be nice in theory but wouldn't guarantee we actually get anything done, since we're most active at the very start and very end of the build periods for each round.   

• G Force%s's Photo
    Personally, I feel that 1 week is simply to small of a time gap. There just isn't enough breathing room to really get the work done. I guess you could just focus on certain events, but I feel that kind of defeats the purpose of having all these events.

I'd prefer lower volume with higher quality over what we have currently. Not to rip on any of the builders, but nothing so far in this contest, apart from maybe one or two entries, has been all that memorable or groundbreaking. I get that not everything is going to be H2H quality, but I definitely think we could do better.
  • Lilith%s's Photo
    Obviously I speak without any experience of previous contests but to me having multiple deadlines to worry about at once is a bit overwhelming, even if I'm given sufficient time to finish. My Greco Roman entry will show that just because I have enough time to get it done doesn't mean I'll actually be able to. Of course it could all just be my inexperience talking since I've never participated in anything like this before.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I've been really enjoying the variety of deadlines and park sizes. Eg working quickly on a sprint vs the more h2h sized parade of flags keeps things fresh and fun, and i also havent felt the pressure to participate in every round. Maybe there's theres been some less memorable big things but overall really fun and inclusive and there will be some good ones by the end i reckon.
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

Just a reminder to get the Mixed Doubles Sprint details posted today. Also, the Relay Sprint voting should be closed. Thanks guys :)

• Zaiush%s's Photo

I just wanna say looking back on the season that even thouhg my work was mostly rushed I did my team proud and had a great time building. Thanks to the NE IOC for hosting this contest and making it so accesible to new players. Now time to make a solo :p

So, any joke categories we need in the awards? Best waterfall? Best readme storyline? 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading