RCT Discussion / What's in store for New Element 2017?

• Xeccah%s's Photo

My park.

• Jappy%s's Photo

I'm planning on finishing JWAK, hopefully by this summer, maybe a bit earlier. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I don't hit the object limit, it is a pretty object heavy park.... After that I'm planning on a fantasy like design/ H2H-sized park. Looking forward to that now that I recently had a great idea for its theme!

I'm hoping on Lagom finishing his Gröna Lund rec, I'm guessing alex will get another Spotlight.... Oh yeah, G Force, I think everyone wants Dimi to finish that park... ;)

• FredD%s's Photo

- What projects are you striving to complete by year's end?

I don't really set a deadline for the things I'm working at. But I do want to release something of course. 

- Any new projects on your horizons?

At the moment I'm having fun building on my new solo. I have the water park which I also want to finish (once). For the moment I have no plans for something new.

- Predictions about what other members will accomplish?

If 2017 will be half as good as 2016, it will be a good year. There are some cool projects in the making: like Bigshootergill's Mario park, the huge park from Coasterbill, Lagom's Lona Grund, RWE stepping up with interesting work, G Force is building on a new solo,...

- Contest expectations for the spring/summer? (Admin's might shoot me for this one)

A new H2H would be cool, especially because if the next H2H would be for 2018 I couldn't compete :p  A design contest would also be cool, like NEDC but this time not as a joke!

- Expected breakout players on NE?

RWE for sure. Bubbsy too, and Jappy is progressing too. 

- Anything else rct related on your minds for the next 10 months?

No.

• Lagom%s's Photo

I hope to see solo parks released by MCI, Jonny93, Faas, and Louis!

• chorkiel%s's Photo

In a surprise for most of the community Nate will come back with a new solo.

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo
    I'll probably do another small design project and aim to drop my LL solo that I have been working on this year.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

LL solo? I'm hyped!

edit: also stoked for mintliqueur's work

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

I hope to have enough inspiration to actually build something and post a screen or two. I have some small pieces of old work that I've considered expanding on for a while now. Expect a retro look.

• Poke%s's Photo
    I hope to return to LL too.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    The small park which gave birth to my two most recent screens should be done very soon.
  • posix%s's Photo

All I want is OpenLL.

And Rob, so good to see you reunite with RCT. Can't wait.

• Angroc%s's Photo

I want to see more fantasy parks and out-there creations. And furthermore, I hope I will have the time between my IRL commitments to finish my current project atleast before 2018, heh. :p

More LL features added to OpenRCT. Why does there have to be a separate OpenLL? Just add the missing landscape options (like the roofs etc), a way to switch between staircased or ramped paths, maybe a switch that emulates LL by turning of anything that isn't LL specific for those that want the full LL experience. I miss landscape architecture and paths that don't needlessly add handrails for example, but I still want RCT2 features such as banked hill pieces.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

A lot of the LL features that haven't been added to OpenRCT2, haven't been added because of limitations in the save file format.

• Angroc%s's Photo

Isn't the plan to just go one-way compatible eventually?

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

Yes.

• Lilith%s's Photo
    So I've decided that the full-scale monster hunter park I was gonna make probably won't happen, it's too much for me to take on right now and if I keep trying it'll just get abandoned. Instead I've decided on several designs themed to different areas but I'm not sure if I want to release them as separate design submissions or just as one multi-map submission. Thoughts?
  • Scoop%s's Photo

don't do that

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

don't do that

^ This! Either do a design or a full park, don't combine them together... and Scoop should take his own advice. :p

• Lilith%s's Photo

Noted. Maybe I'll just cut a few things from the full park. It'll be good practice anyway. Thanks!

• Scoop%s's Photo

^ This! Either do a design or a full park, don't combine them together... and Scoop should take his own advice. :p

I mean I didn't want him doing it because I'm doing it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading