RCT Discussion / NE4 score calculator

• Xeccah%s's Photo

bronze panel% X 3

design panel% X 4

silver panel% X 5

gold panel% X 7

spotlight panel% X 13

I don't know whether to use the AP scores for h2h parks or the system that was used before... I guess if AP score exists use above^^

H2H non finals losing 200 pts (use AP please)

H2H non finals winning 300 pts

H2H finals losing 250 pts

H2H finals winning 500 pts

Pro Tour panel% X 6

For example, just using AP scores my NE4 score would be 1480.73 which in todays scores would probably put me between #60-75

Alex's would be 4363.11 (top 20)

G Force's would be 2176.45 (top 40)

• G Force%s's Photo

Thanks, I'll probably start keeping a record of this myself.

• Scoop%s's Photo

why not just bring this feature back?

• Recurious%s's Photo
    So I'm not 100% sure what this is but forgive my ignorance. Is this like the old ranking system which was used on the old site?

Also, how would one compute scores for parks that are shared or built by more than 1 person?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Multiple people you take a share.

I used to be quite high up in the all time ranks, not sure where I'd be now.

The rankings made me really productive, gave me something to aim for, I wanted the number 1 spot on the active rankings, and I got it in the end. Since the system got removed, I've been a lot less active, probably not a coincidence, but possibly I might have more incentive to build if it was there, accolades are great, but nothing is as good as competing against people to be top of the rankings, when you can play production vs quality.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

The current rankings were a bit silly. But the all-time ranking was a really cool feature of the old website. Wouldn't mind seeing it back in some form, even if not as an official feature.

• posix%s's Photo
    This is too funny because it's the first time we're getting actual positive feedback on the prestige points. The current rankings were indeed a massive failure and in hindsight a kind of pretentious feature idea. The hall of fame was quite nice I suppose, but hugely favoured quantity over quality.

• Mattk48%s's Photo

Man, I loved that old site. It definitely encouraged competition with the rankings and accolades right there on the front page. I think the culture of NE elitism has dwindled a bit since that version of the site, but perhaps I am miss reading things. The banner, ah the banner. How I wish it could come back.

+1 for rankings

+1 for banner

- side note, I think the dump topic has become the main page here. Just kind of interesting how its progressed.

• Louis!%s's Photo

See there I am #1 and #30 <3

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    The top 4 is kumba, roomie, Nate, and Liam in that order (list coming later)
  • tdub96%s's Photo

NE4 was always my favorite iteration of the site. Loved the banner, the recent releases feed and despite my never cracking any rankings, I really enjoyed seeing that on the site. Its a really interesting statistic and I thought it worked pretty well. Wouldn't mind seeing it come back to the site in some capacity. 

Thanks for that blast of nostalgia there posix. 

• Liampie%s's Photo

The rankings look like fun in retrospect, and similarly did they look fun before they were implemented, but the reality is that the rankings were rather static and not representative of either the current best parkmakers or the overall best parkmakers. I don't miss them at all.

• nicman%s's Photo

I was not around long for NE4, but I did find it a lot easier as a newcomer to browse the site with NE5 especially when I was mainly only around to browse for parks. I found myself only downloading the parks on the front page.

But i liked the player rankings.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

The rankings look like fun in retrospect, and similarly did they look fun before they were implemented, but the reality is that the rankings were rather static and not representative of either the current best parkmakers or the overall best parkmakers. I don't miss them at all.

I'm pretty much in agreement with this. 

• Xeccah%s's Photo

I disagree with the all-time rankings being useless. Kumba? Natelox? Fatha? Roomie? Yeah, some of the best parkmakers ever. The multiplier is pretty fair and balances quality over quantity; what is shows unfairly is group parks (ESPECIALLY older no accolade H2H parks.... Liam for example earned more points through a bronze park than his work on 90+% work like Lijiang.)

The list is coming.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading