Related Games / The Freak has moved on....

• Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Hey there! I'd like to present to you my first RCT3 park. Currently unnamed, this park is one big experiment of what I can do.

The general theme is adventure-ish. I have currently decided on building an Asian Jungle, an arabian market place, a mythological area (might become Jurassic). More areas will be announced once decided.

Posted Image
    Here I show you a screen of my unnamed Invert themed to the mountains of the jungle as seen in the queue.

Posted Image
    The coaster's station. (Details to be added at a later stage)

Posted Image
    A very unfinished screen of the Arabian Marketplace at night.

Enjoy. :)
    P.S. Disneyland is delayed until further notice. I'm lacking the inspiration needed to finish this. Help would be appreciated. ;)
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Pretty cool so far.
    Need more complete screens. I like it though.
    :)

Welcome to the Darkside...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Why dows everyone post screens at Night?? It is wicked hard to see everything.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Why dows everyone post screens at Night?? It is wicked hard to see everything.

I think that's the point... Most nighshots or other atmospheric lighting tends to look good while not showing anything. I would also like to see more day shots.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Holy shit guys...

OK. edit your pics from now on, they are too fucking big.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Rage%s's Photo
    Sorry, but I dont like it. I think all the buildings look quite fake and weak and in the first screen its all too hectic and all over the place. Its chaos.

Id say the 3rd screen is the best but again id say the buildings look quite fake.
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    Well, besides me not liking night shots, I'd say it's alright. I like the 2nd screen the best, because its day. I can see more...
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    It's okay. I don't like the shot with the architecture, I don't think the buildings are very good. I would really like to see more shots of the coaster and its landscaping, I hope it utlizes the landscaping the much as I think it does.
  • Jay_Ho%s's Photo
    The 3rd is the best.
    The first is okay, but the second is not nice.
    The Builing is not nice and too uniletarally and single-colored.
    The archy is not the best but the 3rd is very beatifull and there are the most things perfect.

Jay_ho
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I might aswell just explain the point of the night shots. This coaster was deliberatley made to look good ar night. It was made to look very mysterious and adventure-like. I don't do coaster theming very well so night time mode worked to my advantage.

I'll start working on some asian architecture today so I'll post some day shots. ;)
  • Richie%s's Photo

I don't do coaster theming very well so night time mode worked to my advantage.

Thing is, your letting the graphics do the real talking. I personally dont like the graphics of RCT3, the only thing that looks good is the coaster track, even the coasters supports look like crap.

I dont really like the screens much, its probably because im not fond of RCT3 yes, but its all seems off.. im not so sure what though, it certainly isnt bad.
  • Rage%s's Photo
    Everyone is saying the graphics do all the work in rct3 parks but I think this park shows that this isnt true. It doesnt look good when you rely on the graphics.

Take a look at some of the other rct3 parks that have relied on the parkmaker's skills, they are very creative and look awesome. You cant say all rct3 park are gonna look good because of the graphic, because not all of the parks are gonna look great.
  • Sparker9014%s's Photo
    Wow i like just not the best screens yet u im sure when more com in ill probably say you will own the title. anyway the coaster looks cool this another reason i that i might keep my rct3 game is that you can take screenshots so far up it makes it look like the realy pictures on postcards or somthing.

Cant wait for some more screens.

Sp
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Everyone is saying the graphics do all the work in rct3 parks but I think this park shows that this isnt true. It doesnt look good when you rely on the graphics.

Take a look at some of the other rct3 parks that have relied on the parkmaker's skills, they are very creative and look awesome. You cant say all rct3 park are gonna look good because of the graphic, because not all of the parks are gonna look great.

How nice... Thanks for the kind (and helpful) words...
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I'm thinking that the first pick that has the double corkscrew is lookin' pretty wicked, IMO. And yes, maybe a little more can be done to the mountain/hill - like foliage or something - to spruce it up a little. Good work.
  • Rage%s's Photo

How nice... Thanks for the kind (and helpful) words...

Sorry to sound harsh but if your saying your using night mode to hide things then your relying on the graphics and other new features instead of spending more time on the thing you havnt got right yet.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    The only parts of these screens I enjoy are the ones where you don't have any buildings! Your buildings are terrible! And you are relying too heavily on the graphics and nightmode to make it seem passable (and you've failed at that too.)
  • Rage%s's Photo
    If you dont like me critising how your using rct3, instead, i'll tell what i dont like about each screen...

Screen 1
    Way too random and cluttered. I cant even understand what your trying to do. It just looks a total mess to me.

Screen 2
    The mountain is vary bare and the building looks very unstable and fake. The walls are about an inch thick and its the same texture all through the building which is very boring and dull.

Screen 3
    The best of the 3 screens but still needs a hell of alot of work. One of the canopys in front of one of the buildings seems to be floating and the rest look unfinished, lacking atmosphere and as with screen 2, very weak due to the lack of density that makes the building look like its made of plywood.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

The only parts of these screens I enjoy are the ones where you don't have any buildings! Your buildings are terrible! And you are relying too heavily on the graphics and nightmode to make it seem passable (and you've failed at that too.)

Don't reply if you're not going to be helpful.

Rage, thanks for the post. Much more helpful. I'll try to improve by using your advice.
    As I said, this is a practise park so this is me trying to adapt to the game. As the saying goes, practise makes perfect. I'll keep trying until I get the hang of it. But I do have to disagree about me relying too much on the graphics. I spent a whole hour perfecting the lighting so it would look just right. Thought was put into this, the lights weren't just thrown all over the place.

Anyway, there won't be any new updates for the next few weeks since I've been inspired to start a new RCT2 project.
  • Rage%s's Photo

Don't reply if you're not going to be helpful.

Seriously, dont post if you cant take criticism or rejection. cg? is allowed to state his opinion and what he posted wasnt offensive in anyway, in fact, i'd say its very true. If he posts things about your park you dont like, ignore them, dont tell him to stop posting but you've also got to face the fact that not everyone's gonna like your park.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading